Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Cider House, Grapevines and Grapes - Jan 21, 2016

After countless "harvests" I have never received more than ONE grape from the gilded vine. If it's to permanently gather then may be worth buying - if goal is to complete quest faster; don't bother buying. Just hope it won't be like the 5 useless flower pots I have! I do believe this is the last time I'll spend $ / gems on these quests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    The Gilded Grapevine is permanent.

Perhaps I am the only one here who was happy with my Gilded Grapevines. My aim was to grow grapes permanently. This way, I could still grow grapes even if I didnt win the Grape Pergola. Besides I am happy to get extra grapes to help me for this event and I see it as a long term investment for my farm. I got 1 grape per vine since Day 1. Ummm I am not sure why a post said we were supposed to get 2 grapes. Am I missing something here? Anyways I dont regret buying mine. I feel bad for those who regretted buying it, it's quite a lot of gems to regret over. I hope you feel better seeing it as a long term investment.
    I basically bought the Gilded vines for the same reason (2, which set me back many gems, but it had to be done, so I'm all right with it). The current event is a bit frustrating because of the random grape colors with each collection, but it is what it is. My only suggestion here would be that at least new recipe be made for the green grapes to offset the Raisins recipe which only requires purple grapes.

Rhino Keeper
    There's just over 7 days left of this event...plenty of time to 'harvest' and/or buy grapes from the marketplace (perhaps trading them with someone who has more green grapes than purple OR vice versa)...just a thought......

Fashion Designer
    [QUOTE=rynetory2]. The Gilded Grapevine is permanent.

Mitzi: So the white vines are 'not' permanent? But the yellow one is! Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I saw a post that said the white one was permanent too. But since it isn't, then I have no regrets in buying the guilted one!

[QUOTE=rynetory2]. I got 1 grape per vine since Day 1. Ummm I am not sure why a post said we were supposed to get 2 grapes. Am I missing something here?

Mitzi: And oops, I am guilty of reading the posts that said the guilded one should produce 2 grapes. I think we all got confused because there was a pop up about the pergola producing 2. We must all be in a hurry when accessing the farm and we don't read the pop-ups carefully.

Rhino Keeper
    Mitzi, The first post on this thread with all the goals listed says gilded gives 1-2 grapes. That's probably why everyone is disappointed with one from the gilded.

I'm just as frustrated with the length of cooking times. I finally get enough grapes and it takes over 4 hours to make each bread. Ugh...

I have icons for grape jelly in both the jelly maker and the kitchen. Can I really make it either place?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Varinamom View Post
    Mitzi, The first post on this thread with all the goals listed says gilded gives 1-2 grapes. That's probably why everyone is disappointed with one from the gilded.

I'm just as frustrated with the length of cooking times. I finally get enough grapes and it takes over 4 hours to make each bread. Ugh...

I have icons for grape jelly in both the jelly maker and the kitchen. Can I really make it either place?
    OH, so THAT is where I saw it! LOL. I knew I wasn't crazy.
    And yes, the time it takes is difficult for those of us who cannot stay glued to the game all day. : (
    Last edited by Mitzi111; 01-25-16 at 04:56 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Varinamom View Post

Yes you can make the jelly in both . I did so I could get 2 at the same time.

Bugs in counters!!! Not one counter, but most of the counters!!

Oh darn! I can't post the screenshot, God knows if there is another bug in the forum. Gosh! I have to explain everything in words!

We need 2 raisin to make 1 raisin bread.

1. The counter shows I have only collected 6 raisin, which in fact I have collected 9 raisin.
    2. The counter shows I have made 4 raisin bread, but in actual fact, I only made 2. If I haven't collected enough raisin, which is 8 to made 4 raisin bread, how on earth I can made 4 raisin bread!!!
    3. The counter shows only 2 raisin bread have been given. If I have crafted 4 raisin bread, why can't I give 4 raisin bread?

How could this even possible?

My advice: don't buy glided grapevine because it is not worth the gems you spend and it doesn't help in giving green grapes at all.

I wish I never start this event. one word to describe this event which satrts with 'f': frustrating
    Last edited by HappyJ8; 01-25-16 at 07:18 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    The Gilded Grapevine is permanent.
    So we will be making the jelly with the grapes? It would have been nice if TL would of had a gem sale before the event. I don't have enough gems to buy 2 permanent gilded grapevines

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyJ8 View Post
    Bugs in counters!!! Not one counter, but most of the counters!!

Oh darn! I can't post the screenshot, God knows if there is another bug in the forum. Gosh! I have to explain everything in words!

We need 2 raisin to make 1 raisin bread.

1. The counter shows I have only collected 6 raisin, which in fact I have collected 9 raisin.
    2. The counter shows I have made 4 raisin bread, but in actual fact, I only made 2. If I haven't collected enough raisin, which is 8 to made 4 raisin bread, how on earth I can made 4 raisin bread!!!
    3. The counter shows only 2 raisin bread have been given. If I have crafted 4 raisin bread, why can't I give 4 raisin bread?

How could this even possible?

My advice: don't buy glided grapevine because it is not worth the gems you spend and it doesn't help in giving green grapes at all.

I wish I never start this event. one word to describe this event which satrts with 'f': frustrating
    1. I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago. It wouldn't register my green grapes. Reinstall the game, it helped me.
    2. Not sure if this could be your situation but The counter registers the raisin bread once you add them to your bakery que. so although you may have only made 2 raisin breads, if you have 2 more in que, the counter states 4
    3. This also happened to me on one of the steps. It said I had 3 grape juices (0 in que) but only allowed me to give 2. Did not sell any.