Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: New Tournament: Frostbite Dragon

I was fighting the 29th dragon in the Tournament (Level 20 Battlesteed) with a level 6 Druid dragon. Hit it once, then when it didn't fall I used the Ultimate attack which cost me 30 gold (went from 250 to 220). It said I won the battle and gained a Christmas light.

An hour later, when I go to the Arena I still have to face the Level 20 Battlesteed and it says I am at 29 out of 30, but my Gold is still gone! This is unacceptable, I don't want to have to pay 60 Gold to perform it twice for no reason, and who knows, the same issue will probably happen again anyway.

This is pretty unfair! Between this and Gold traps, Team Lava must really want to discourage players from paying actual money for Gold

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Genko1 View Post
    I share your pain. There isn`t any logic in the battle arena. Many times I meet dragons, that i beat in the past, when I use the same winner dragons against them...I am surprised...I lost... I couldn`t explain to myself..how it is possible to grab the win with one dragon....and after that to lose with the same dragon....against the same enemy dragon....on the same levels...However...I used LOVEBIRD dragon ( white, purple + red) with two attacks -MAGIC, MAGIC...and RS was ****ed... I hope it will work for you. Good luck and enjoy...Don`t be upset ...the prize is just a white-blue dragon...not a big deal

Thank you Luckyaa7, Genko1 and VermillionPT2 for advice and support.

I have more battles to add to the losses. Fire (again), Diamond(again), Jack(2 X this am), King and Water(a try from advise). That's 27 battles all total and all losses. I don't have a dueler, Metal, or Sweet tooth. I'm looking into the tri color dragons - I don't have Lovebird or white, purple, red. I do have
    Autumn and Scarecrow - Green, Yellow, Red
    Candy Cane - White, Green, Red
    Comic - Blue, Yellow, Red
    Cursed Rose - Black, White, Red
    Equinox - Purple, Blue, Green
    Jack 0' - White, Yellow, Green
    Nouveau - Rainbow, Blue, Green
    Pirate - Black, White, Red
    Spirit Queen - Pink, White, Black
    Elements - Blue, Green, Red

Any suggestions? Right now I really doubt that I have a hope of winning, without putting out a massive amount of gold(which at this point I refuse to do). If there was a requirement to use gold to win this tournament. I strongly feel that I should have been told upfront, so I could have made my decision at that time. Rather than to have the game obviously fixed so I am forced to use gold, which I have done to speed up battles only. It seems that the awards of gold given for downloading other app and playing has been cut in half, while Ultimate Battle still costs 30 Gold. At this point I plan on using my gold to try and win the Royal Flush, rather than this fixed Tournament, i.e. Can you say "MONEY PIT". At this time I just want to see How many Battles that I have to lose before I am allowed to move on. I think 27 losses to win against one tough opponent is rather excessive or am I wrong?

I do appreciate the assistance given and any more suggestions to try, but I'm thinking that at this point I will not be allowed to win this battle unless I use the Ultimate Battle. Then I have several more opponent to go, one of which is Battlestead - where I probably will be required to lay down another 30 gold to move on. So No, I will not spend Gold to only be required to spend More and More, but I will try anyone's good or at this point bad ideas.

Thank you and keep warm.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiaan0 View Post
    Yay, new tournament Good looking dragon, too
    As always, my dragons are level 10 unless mentioned otherwise and I will add my results to this post.

Good luck to everyone

1 - Fire(1) - Air - M
    2 - Hercules(1) - Air - MB
    3 - Pumpkin(1) - Forest - mB
    4 - Luck(2) - Air - mB
    5 - March Mayhem(2) - Fire - mB
    6 - Smoke(3) - Forest - Mb
    7 - Waterfall(3) - Fire - mbM
    8 - Sugar Plum(5) - Air - mB (Lost: Forest)
    9 - Sterling Silver(6) - Forest - M
    10 - Manticore(6) - Air - mbM
    11 - Macaw(8) - Fire - M(bm)
    12 - Black Pearl(8) - Fire - M
    13 - Germany(9) - Forest - mB
    14 - Malachite(9) - Air - Mb (Lost: Fire)
    15 - Clown(15) - Magic - Mb (Lost: Fire)
    16 - Serpent(9) - Fire - mB
    17 - Watermelon(9) - Air - mB
    18 - Chrome(12) - Air - mbM (Lost: Forest, Fire)
    19 - Planet(12) - Water - mbM (Lost: Air, Forest)
    20 - Rose Knight(14) - Air - M
    21 - Samurai(12) - Forest - M
    22 - Were(14) - Air - mB (Lost: Magic)
    23 - Golem(16) - Air - M (Lost: Fire)
    24 - Astromancer(16) - Fire - mB
    25 - Rainbow Sentinel(19) - Forest(1) - bB (Lost: Fire, Forest, Diamond, Air, Fire(1))
    26 - Loch Ness(18) - Fire - mB (Lost: Water, Fire, Magic, Diamond)
    27 - Troll(18) - Forest - mbM
    28 - Mammoth(20) - Air - mB
    29 - Battlesteed(20) - Jack(12) - mbB (Lost: Air, Fire, Air, Diamond, Fire(1), Forest(1))
    30 - Frostbite(20) - Air - mBm (Lost: Forest)
    Woohoo!
    I must admit, I got a little bit impatient with Battlesteed, used 10 gold to speed up some rounds. Normally I don't use other dragons than commons and sometimes Diamond, but reading this thread I could see Battlesteed was a pain in the []to most people, he even can stand tickling. So I went out of my box and gave Jack a try... I think he actually bluffed Battlesteed out of the arena
    As for the loss against Frostbite: Air is always first choice when battling white hybrids, but he was splashing around in the spa. He has always been and still is my best fighter

Congrats to everybody already finished, lots of luck and good vibes to those of you who are still battling
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-20-16 at 02:23 PM. Reason: inappropriate word

Twee(200): 788 unique dragons, 529 epic, 7 lvl 15, 20 eggs, 18 in stable. 22 Diamonds, 14 GPD.
    Drie(168) (id:Bastiaan00): 209 unique dragons, 187 epic, no noble crystal. 8 Diamonds, 3 GPD.
    I'm not addicted, I just like to play

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dachshundlover11 View Post
    Thank you Luckyaa7, Genko1 and VermillionPT2 for advice and support.

I have more battles to add to the losses. Fire (again), Diamond(again), Jack(2 X this am), King and Water(a try from advise). That's 27 battles all total and all losses. I don't have a dueler, Metal, or Sweet tooth. I'm looking into the tri color dragons - I don't have Lovebird or white, purple, red. I do have
    Autumn and Scarecrow - Green, Yellow, Red
    Candy Cane - White, Green, Red
    Comic - Blue, Yellow, Red
    Cursed Rose - Black, White, Red
    Equinox - Purple, Blue, Green
    Jack 0' - White, Yellow, Green
    Nouveau - Rainbow, Blue, Green
    Pirate - Black, White, Red
    Spirit Queen - Pink, White, Black
    Elements - Blue, Green, Red

Any suggestions? Right now I really doubt that I have a hope of winning, without putting out a massive amount of gold(which at this point I refuse to do). If there was a requirement to use gold to win this tournament. I strongly feel that I should have been told upfront, so I could have made my decision at that time. Rather than to have the game obviously fixed so I am forced to use gold, which I have done to speed up battles only. It seems that the awards of gold given for downloading other app and playing has been cut in half, while Ultimate Battle still costs 30 Gold. At this point I plan on using my gold to try and win the Royal Flush, rather than this fixed Tournament, i.e. Can you say "MONEY PIT". At this time I just want to see How many Battles that I have to lose before I am allowed to move on. I think 27 losses to win against one tough opponent is rather excessive or am I wrong?

I do appreciate the assistance given and any more suggestions to try, but I'm thinking that at this point I will not be allowed to win this battle unless I use the Ultimate Battle. Then I have several more opponent to go, one of which is Battlestead - where I probably will be required to lay down another 30 gold to move on. So No, I will not spend Gold to only be required to spend More and More, but I will try anyone's good or at this point bad ideas.

Thank you and keep warm.
    Dachshundlover11, you're still on round 25 Rainbow Sentinel I take it? I'm so very sorry nothing has worked thus far. Unless you really want this dragon, I wouldn't use ultimate. Try newly acquired dragons (like from the tales or the last tournament). This works more often than not for me. Even fails can work, i.e. baby atlantis, fire, mist, night etc... At this point I would definitely just throw babies at it while healing up fighters that have beat other champions. I usually like to use landworm,forestfire, or scorpion against champions but sometimes what worked before won't work again. You can also try clearing your cache on your device and restart your device before entering the game again. I wish you a lot of luck my friend (fingers crossed for you). Goodluck!

Probably just a dumb question, but when I look at what y'all used, I see something like mBb or bbB... I think I've figured out magic and bash, but why the capital?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by mommmybear5 View Post
    Probably just a dumb question, but when I look at what y'all used, I see something like mBb or bbB... I think I've figured out magic and bash, but why the capital?
    Yes it's M for Magic and B for Bash. The small letter means a small hit, the capital letter means it caused a bunch of damaged. If you see just one capital it means that you beat the opponent with one hit
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Quote Originally Posted by VermillionPT2 View Post
    Dachshundlover11, you're still on round 25 Rainbow Sentinel I take it? I'm so very sorry nothing has worked thus far. Unless you really want this dragon, I wouldn't use ultimate. Try newly acquired dragons (like from the tales or the last tournament). This works more often than not for me. Even fails can work, i.e. baby atlantis, fire, mist, night etc... At this point I would definitely just throw babies at it while healing up fighters that have beat other champions. I usually like to use landworm,forestfire, or scorpion against champions but sometimes what worked before won't work again. You can also try clearing your cache on your device and restart your device before entering the game again. I wish you a lot of luck my friend (fingers crossed for you). Goodluck!
    Thanks VermillionPT2. I can't use a past champion because I've joined in a few tournaments but never won. This one I got closer. I'll try Sprit queen and Ghost Armor as that should be the last of the most recent tales. Oh well. I will try your suggestion to clear the cache and turn game off, and then battle again. Thanks for feedback and support.

Fashion Designer
    I can't believe I've come this far just to get stuck on Loch Ness!

Quote Originally Posted by savage_mel View Post
    I can't believe I've come this far just to get stuck on Loch Ness!
    I just got it down with Watermelon, try pink or even green yellow (parakeet or Lover's tree) but avoid purple black red blue, good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    I`ve done it with King dragon. I hope it will work for you. Good luck