Thread: Messages Wall usabiity

Executive Chef

Angry Messages Wall usabiity

The message wall desperately requires some usability enhancements.

1) The limit of 500 characters is fine, however there needs to be a character counter OR don't delete the message, just allow it to be edited to reduce the characters to the required 500 or less

2) The inappropriate word filter functionality needs drastic improvement. I lose at least 10 messages a day using no more than Grade 6 standard English (with English spelling, NOT American spelling - could that be an issue?). Again, the message is deleted. Given I have NOT used any inappropriate words (unless "undroop" is inappropriate in some manner I am unaware of), I have no idea what word not to include when I retype. Again, leave the message intact for the user to edit, highlighting the offending word.

Just now I have had both happen one after the other. I've told my neighbour I give up and will return to answer messages later.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    Please tell me what the inappropriate word is in this sentence!

I must have selected when scrolling and then. not clicked hard enough on Unicorn

The Honorable Panda
    Discussing the word filter is not forum appropriate due to security reasons.
    Sometimes the filter may catch words in words. To report a word being caught in the filter, or if you want to know what is inappropriate about a word, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

Thanks!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request