Thread: Flatmates - who is sharing on your island?

Executive Chef

Flatmates - who is sharing on your island?

Aside from the coin consideration, which drives flatmate decisions for many, I know, unless you are in the billionaires club (and I'm far from it), how do you decide which dragons belong together?

Clearly the Ices are just a match made in heaven!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ices.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	27689

They are forced to share with Avalanche and Winter Solstice, but at least they are kindred cold spirits.

Then there is Mr & Mrs Lotus.

Name:	Lotus.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	27690

The accommodation style is really not to their liking (a garden setting would be more appropriate) but at least they are together.

Past, Present and Future naturally have to be together - all those breeding attempts there is NO WAY I am splitting them up!

Name:	Trio.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	27691

The World Events and Dragon Tales ones are easy - they are all predefined roommates!

Name:	ArtGala.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	27692

I'd love to have Graffiti with the Art Gala group, it really seems to fit, but earns too much so Disco is a ring-in at the moment.

I also split the Halloween World Event because OBVIOUSLY Franken and Bride of Franken HAD to be together!

Nightlight, Starlight and Blue Moon just seems a good fit for the Interstellar Gateway. Until another night light sort of dragon comes along Penumbra is sharing: he sort of fits, I suppose.

Then there is Waverider, Storm and Seafarer as a group and Seer, Sorcerer and Lorekeeper keeping company.

Who have you got matched up?
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Fashion Designer
    When I first started playing, I used to group dragons together to maximize profits. As I acquired more dragons, and beginning to spend more time with them, I learned more about their personalities, likes, and dislikes. It helped me to be a better dragon caretaker, and now many dragons live together in a way that makes sense for "them" not for me. lol

Ok, it makes sense for me, too, but I like to say it's them. Upon observation, it probably wouldn't make sense to anyone living outside of the island (not all the event dragons live together, etc.), but all the dragons who live there understand

There are still some dragons who are rooming with groups temporarily until their permanent home arrives, but many have happy permanent living arrangements.

Unfortunately, I kept getting some type of error message when trying to upload a pic, but I will share a few descriptions of a few of my favorite groups.

1. Cotton Candy, Marshmallow, and Bubble Gum - These soft, sticky-sweet dragons just love how they don't have to worry about popping, melting, or getting eaten when they are together so they "stick" close to one another. They are even protected by a surrounding wall of pure Diamond dragons who help shield them from horns, fire, and random sugar snacking.

2. Love, Truffle, and White Chocolate - What goes together better than White Chocolate & Truffles? LOVE, White Chocolate & Truffles! 'Nuff said.

3. (My Personal Favorite) Baby Radioactive, Baby Firemane, and Baby Laserlight, A.K.A - "The Three Amigos"! Named Apple, Orange, and Grape (Apple Jack, Orange Melon, and White Cherry Grape, to be exact - who goes by either Grape or Cherry)

These three little "fruit loops" run and play all day, never tiring. Full of energy, they are fun to watch because they mimic each other, frolicing around their habitat in the exact same way, playing an endless game of tag. It's seriously the cutest. thing. ever. I will never evolve them.

4. Patchwork & Carousel - They live in a habitat right next to "The Three Amigos". (The kids would have it no other way)

5. Carnival, Clown, and March Mayhem - They live in the habitat right next to the habitat with Patchwork & Carousel. ...Seriously, it's all about the kids. They play all day, so all these other fun dragons had to be near by. Sometimes, March Mayhem will do Harlem Globetrotter tricks. The little ones really love it when he does that.

Lollipop used to live with Carousel and Carnival, but he had to move out due to unforeseen issues with March Mayhem wanting to live near Carnival. Then Clown decided to move in. Dragons who travel to be part of the circus or carnival are that way. Lollipop is pretty popular and spends his time split between locations, so right now he lives with Nouveau now at the Rainbow Art Gallery. Lollipop may move back in the future.

That's all for now! I have many other "seemingly random" groupings, but it's not as fun without the pictures they took to share of their flatmates.
    Last edited by blackeneddove; 01-15-16 at 11:37 PM.
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

Executive Chef
    Oh, BlackenedDove, you should take up writing if you don't already! Loved it! I smiled all the way through!

Quote Originally Posted by blackeneddove View Post

1. Cotton Candy, Marshmallow, and Bubble Gum - These soft, sticky-sweet dragons just love how they don't have to worry about popping, melting, or getting eaten when they are together so they "stick" close to one another. They are even protected by a surrounding wall of pure Diamond dragons who help shield them from horns, fire, and random sugar snacking.
    My Cotton Candy just HAD to move out of her pink habitat to go live with her brother, Cloud.

Those two are definitely two of a kind!!

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	27822
    Last edited by zaccy678; 01-16-16 at 08:16 AM.