Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reduced gold rewards on installing or levelling other S8 games

Reduced gold rewards on installing or levelling other S8 games

About a month ago i read that some players on iOS devices (not all of them) rewarded with less gold either when they installed another S8 game or when they reached the desired level.
    This change didn't affect all iOS players. Also, didn't affect android players, until now...

I am an android player and yesterday i decided to install DS Winter Wonderland, but i rewarded with 14 gold instead of 30!
    I also was playing Bingo all this time, trying to reach on the final desired Level (25) and unfortunately today when i reached it, i rewarded with only 7 gold instead of 15, despite i have been rewarded with 15 gold when i reached Level 15 about 2 weeks ago. So, all this effort from Level 15 to Level 25 for only 7 golds, without any previous warning of this change!

Then i looked my goals and i found out that the same will happen with Hungry Babies Mania or the Farm Story 2, which are still active!
    I attach 2 screenshots of these 2 games to show the reduced rewards:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-08-20-30-25.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	27616

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-08-20-20-12.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	27617

Is this happening to other android players too?

I also have read in another thread an official reply to an iOS player conerns, which says: "Please note that changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game. We continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for both new and existing users".

I don't like bad omens, but i think this is another one!

By the way, Happy New DS Year!!! lol

Executive Chef
    The answer for me will be simple. I won't download any games. It becomes a question of opportunity cost, after all.

Executive Chef
    This happened for one game I downloaded, but went back to normal on android and when I downloaded RS2 xmas version. But on bakery story 2, theyre only giving me 14 gems which is lame and sucks big time.

Now, what is upsetting me is that I kept having the goal to download the xmas version of Angry Babies, but the game wasnt recognizing it. On all the games I didnt get any gems and I tried for a week, multiple times. Uninstalling, downloading, trying to prompt the gem reward. I finally uninstalled it.

The games are getting progressively worse and more annoying.

Fashion Designer
    Same here, only 14/7 gold reward for installing and playing. That's certainly not worth the effort to me, and with this strategy I don't think Storm8 should get their download numbers up

I didn't download anything new. I just noticed this with Dragon Story a few days ago I was rewarded 7 instead of the usual 15 gold. Also in Bakery story I now get 2 instead of three gems.

Just last week I got 15 gold for reaching level 15 on Bingo and today I get 7 for reaching level 25. This sucks.

I'm on Android btw.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    The answer for me will be simple. I won't download any games. It becomes a question of opportunity cost, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyfazix View Post
    Same here, only 14/7 gold reward for installing and playing. That's certainly not worth the effort to me, and with this strategy I don't think Storm8 should get their download numbers up
    I don't see the reason not to download any new asked game. It needs no effort at all.
    But off course i won't level up any of these games anymore, because 7 gold don't worth the effort or the valuable time we spend on them, as already mentioned!

I'm on android and it happened to me too. The gold reward was reduced to 7 gold.

Host(ess)
    Android here too. OK so they change it but what annoys me is my goal said 15 gold to reach x level then it went down. At least leave it for existing goals then do it with newer ones. The only game not affected is RS for me. I'm so glad I installed DS winter earlier on in the week. At least now I don't have to waste my time levelling up.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraShima View Post
    Android here too. OK so they change it but what annoys me is my goal said 15 gold to reach x level then it went down. At least leave it for existing goals then do it with newer ones. The only game not affected is RS for me. I'm so glad I installed DS winter earlier on in the week. At least now I don't have to waste my time levelling up.
    Same thing happened to me, only my existing goal prizes reduced after downloading DS Winter- I thought maybe that caused the goals to change

Executive Chef
    Please let us remember and repeat that we're NOT rewarded for installing and playing games. We're rewarded for small follow-up quests/goals.

It is prohibited by Apple to reward players for installing other games, so Storm8 could be punnished for doing such a thing, so no, they're not rewarding us for installing, but for the small follow-up goal.

And yes, I think it's a very bad and sad thing that Storm8 cuts in the rewards you can get: from the follow-up goals, from the Battle Tournaments, from the Daily Gifts. And it could be me, but I feel like the "special offers" are worse and worse too: while special offers used to be an 1800 gold dragon for only 250 gold, it's now a 1500 gold dragon for 350 gold. Gold-dragons on "sale" for 800 (if I recall correctly) instead of 600, etc.

So Storm8 is getting greedier, as far as I'm concerned.

That, together with the more expensive Dragon Tales (you need more and more luck, instead of hard work), makes me slowly loosing interest in this game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast