Thread: "Processing" window pops up every second or so... :confused:

New Resident

"Processing" window pops up every second or so... :confused:

When I am in Dragon Story the 'Processing' window appears every second or so and many times when it goes away the game will have reset back one or two moves. I have been playing the game for about 1 week and this just started happening Jan 4th. It started happening right after I took advantage of a .99 Cent offer for coins, bars and food. On Jan 2nd and 3rd neither Castle Story nor Dragon Story would load I kept getting the "check your internet" error. But my internet was working fine and a friend who is also playing Castle story could not get in either. I figured that Storm8 servers were down. And I thought at first that this error might be related to that, but it's still happening and I have been able to get in and play the game every day since then.

It is happening on both my android devices and in 2 different wireless connections (it happens in all cases). I am also playing Castle Story and this is not happening in that game.

I thought maybe one of the goals was stuck because it kept saying that I had progress when I actually did not, so I used 90 of my gold bars to skip that goal and it did not fix the problem. ***I'd like those gold 90 bars back please. ***

My Storm8 ID is steeleye1

I am connecting with wifi at home with a router that is Verizon provided model # mi424wr

I am also connecting with wifi at work via a CISCO AP541N router connected to a CISCO DPC3939B modem.

I have two Android devices, one is my phone and the other is a tablet.

Phone model is Samsung Galaxy 4g 16gb. When I try to connect with the Mobil Data only I get the same thing happening as when I'm connecting with the wifi.

Tablet is model RCT6272W23 version 4.2.2.

-What City and Country you are playing from.
    I am in Richmond VA, USA

-What it says at https://fs.teamlava.com/api.php
    {"callResult":{"success":false}}

-The error code obtained by starting the app and tapping an invisible button to the right of "Try Again" in the error message. The button is in the lower right-hand corner of the error message, and it will display an error code like "Request Error -1009".

I assume you mean the Dragon Story app when you say "app". I am NOT getting an error.
    The app loads and I can play for one second or two at a time. In between plays I get a "Processing" window which pops up. Sometimes when the window goes away the game has reset it self to the status to right before the last move. There is no error message to look at and and no invisible button to tap.

Things I have tried to do to fix this problem:
    - I have cleared the cache
    - I have closed and restarted the app
    - I have both reset and restarted devices
    - I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app
    - I have reestablished the wifi connection forcing the devices to obtain a new IP addresses.

Also, I am playing Castle Story which is another one of your games and I'm not having this problem.

I have been playing Castle Story for about 4 weeks and I have been playing Dragon Story for about 1 week.

This issue did not start until after this past weekend when I suspect you guys pushed some kind of update as both of these games would not load for both January 2nd and 3rd. As an aside it would have been nice if your company had posted that your servers would be down on your twitter page.

I have gotten information back from the 'help' desk stating that they did not push an update and that the servers were not down so that's all the information I have.

Anybody with further suggestions or help would be really appreciated. Currently I'm on level 14 I figure when I get to level 15 I'll get gems from Castle Story for reaching that goal and then i'll uninstall this Dragon Story game as it is driving me insane. Which is too bad because I really enjoy the concept...

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Please email support@storm8.com for assistance ? Please message me the ticket number so we can ask support to check out your issue.

We have been receiving reports of players not being able to connect, but only on home networks (and sometimes only during certain hours). You mentioned that you're experiencing this with your data service as well, which sounds like a different case.

With your ticket, please include this information:

If you are experiencing this and have access to a computer where the wifi issue is occurring, please follow these steps:

For WINDOWS:
    1. Open the Command Prompt. You can do this by clicking start->run-> type in "cmd".

2. Highlight and copy the line below:

tracert -w 2 bakery.teamlava.com > "%userprofile%\desktop\SOPoutput.txt"

3. Right click on your Command Prompt window bar. Go to edit-> paste (hit enter) wait for it to finish, it may take some time.

4. Attach the SOPoutput.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

5. Send a forum PM to Elsa with the ticket number.

For MAC:
    1. Click on Go > Applications > Utilities > Terminal
    This will create a shell window.

2. Copy the line of text below in to the shell window (paste) hit enter

traceroute -w 300 bakery.teamlava.com > Desktop/mactrace.txt
    It may take sometime to finish that command.

3. Attach the mactrace.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

Processing

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Please email support@storm8.com for assistance ? Please message me the ticket number so we can ask support to check out your issue.

We have been receiving reports of players not being able to connect, but only on home networks (and sometimes only during certain hours). You mentioned that you're experiencing this with your data service as well, which sounds like a different case.

With your ticket, please include this information:

If you are experiencing this and have access to a computer where the wifi issue is occurring, please follow these steps:

For WINDOWS:
    1. Open the Command Prompt. You can do this by clicking start->run-> type in "cmd".

2. Highlight and copy the line below:

tracert -w 2 bakery.teamlava.com > "%userprofile%\desktop\SOPoutput.txt"

3. Right click on your Command Prompt window bar. Go to edit-> paste (hit enter) wait for it to finish, it may take some time.

4. Attach the SOPoutput.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

For MAC:
    1. Click on Go > Applications > Utilities > Terminal
    This will create a shell window.

2. Copy the line of text below in to the shell window (paste) hit enter

traceroute -w 300 bakery.teamlava.com > Desktop/mactrace.txt
    It may take sometime to finish that command.

3. Attach the mactrace.txt on your Desktop to an email and send to support@storm8.com.

My wife and I recently started playing Dragon Story on our android devices, and everything was working beautifully prior to accepting an offer for 10k coins, 100 gold bars, and 5000 food for $0.99 After using that offer, we are constantly seeing a Processing message appearing on both of our android devices, and every so often when the message disappears, the game has reset back several moves.

Our system configurations.

Tablet:
    Model : Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 (ME173X)
    Android v. 4.2.2
    Kernel v. 3.4.5
    16 GB onboard memory, 32 GB microSD card.
    Storm8 ID Tdaenye

Phone:
    Model : Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910V)
    Android v. 5.0.1
    Kernel v. 3.10.40
    32 GB onboard memory, 64 GB microSD card
    Storm8 ID Moutai2012

On both tablet and phone, the application version is

Dragon Story v. 2.3.1.7g, update Jan 21, 2016. The software was downloaded from the Google Play Store.

Just a clarification, we are NOT having issues connecting to the game, we just have that immensely annoying processing message spamming our screen every couple seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same problem. "Processing" with the apple-chasing dragon. It happens about once every eight second. Thing is, it stays for about five, which makes any action difficult and irritating. I tried to move a habitat over 20 times, failed to buy a banner ca 10 times, and the mission log book resets to the top of its list, so seeing missions is not easy either, to mention a few things. I too got a coin/gold/food package, and I think it did start immediately after that. I would really like to see a fix!

I'm having the same problem here, I submitted a ticket 2 days ago but still no response. Game worked perfect until I purchased the bundle Pack 2 (as it shows up in my purchase history). It's the same one with the gold, food, and coins. I purchased it the first time and then it kept coming up demanding I buy it again. I figured why not, more gold bars. So I purchased the exact same bundle pack twice. I was charged for both, and only received one bundle pack. I even have two separate transaction IDs which I submitted to the support ticket as well. After that, my game constantly (every few seconds) brings up the "processing" message making the game unplayable. And even when I try to play through it, it often rolls back any progress I've made. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as clearing cache and data during the process. Would love to either have the issue fixed and receive my second bundle pack 2 or just refund both so I can get rid of the game altogether. I haven't even gotten to use any of the first one. If we can't get this fixed, I refuse to spend any more money on their games, might have to uninstall them all just to avoid temptation to buy anything and warn family and friends, because when they have issues, they come to me for fixes.

I am having the same problem. I emailed support with detailed list of what I saw and what steps I had taken. Finally got a message back to try one of the things I explicitly said in my message I had tried (repeatedly) but Did Not Work! Only thing left to try is to uninstall & reinstall. I will try that once I find the directions for that process. (Not happy as I have lost lots of valuable time for questing & planting crops in the middle of dragon tales so I doubt I will get the final dragon without spending gold...)

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Please be mindful that posting communications between you and Support is not allowed on the forum. Keep working with support if you have an open ticket. It can take up to a week for a response. If you feel like you are not getting anywhere, please file a forum dispute and work with one of the Community Managers for resolution. Thanks.
    https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispla...Forum-Disputes

I was just curious if anyone has figured out a work-around to get this problem to stop? I've tried all I can think of with no luck. I know support says it can take up to a week to respond, but how long before a refund is no longer an option? I've not spent any of the gold bars (I just don't feel I should if requesting a refund is a likely outcome, call me crazy lol), though I've used up the food trying to push my way through the Aladdin dragon quest event despite the issue at hand. I'd rather just keep everything and continue playing, but it just cannot be done at this current state (far too much frustration). If something cannot be worked out, I don't know what else to do but to demand a refund and uninstall the game. Surely this bug is not limited to a handful of people? It has made me skeptical about any more purchases through the other games. I will wait another week, hopefully by then I will at least get word that they know what the problem is and have a fix planned for an update soon.

Just sharing that I'm having the same issue, although I did NOT buy a gold/food bundle. Have lost a fair amount of coins because when movements in the game reverse, the coins I spent on them are still gone.