Thread: Decorating Bug

Host(ess)

Decorating Bug

1. IPad 2 IOS 9.1
    2. Bakery Story version 1.7.7
    3. I have quite a few items that are no longer available for purchase in design mode. If it's not available for purchase, the price is gone on the item. Whenever I place one of these items in my bakery, design mode resets and I find myself looking at the first page of items again. This is frustrating because usually design mode stays on the current page of items so you can continue placing more of that same item if you want. I have a snowy blue fence that is no longer available for purchase, and if I want to use it, I have to go through the about fifteen pages of items each time I place one fence piece in my bakery. It takes a lot longer to do it this way.

Also, if I store Any item that is no longer available for purchase, it disappears from design mode. I have to close design mode and open it again if I want to see the item.
    Last edited by blueangel54321; 01-02-16 at 09:18 AM.

Host(ess)
    Hi there! It's been a couple of weeks. Any update on this issue? Is there anything I can do to help clarify if I wasn't clear enough?

Fashion Designer
    Sorry but it's not a bug. This is the way it's been designed. It is really annoying though. I'm sure a staff member will explain why it's set up like that. I did read why once before but it was quite a long time ago and can't remember properly now.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    I read awhile ago that this has something to do with the programming of the game, loosing its place because the item is gone. Doesn't really make sense when you are placing multiple items of the same thing. I am lucky enough to have an Android device and an iOS device. When placing tiles or wallpaper, I like to use the iOS device, as it will allow me to continue placing those items, even if I didn't have quite enough to begin with. It will "buy" additional ones that I need, even when they aren't listed as 'for sale'. When I want to place tables, chairs, floor items, it is much easier on the Android device. It doesn't reset the pointer each time I place something, and I can continue on from where my placed item was. If it's multiple items like fencing, I can keep placing them. I know this doesn't help everyone, but it is a possibility.

Host(ess)
    Thanks for the extra information, you guys! It does seem like it has something to do with the programming. I just thought that maybe TL would want to make this feature easier for us Bakery Story players to use. I've been playing this game for a very long time (I think a few years!) and I have a lot of items that are no longer available. It takes so much more extra time to decorate my bakery if I want to use these items!