Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EXPANSION: Hareon

EXPANSION: Hareon

Hi, this is my first post here so i hope i am doing it right.

I am lvl21 and am expanding in the area behind the breeding station. I can expand into the slot where there is a little flying animal. However it seems it will cost me $5million coins to do so. The problem is, my mother plays this game too, and for her that same expansion is only $1million coins

Why is this so? Considering you need it for one of the new quests that is out to breed the ampeater, this seems a little expensive and difficult to get in the time frame given.

can someone explain to me why my cost is so high???

Thank You

Fashion Designer
    The cost to expand to the square with the Hereon (little flying animal) is 5 million for everyone. I think your mother is mistaken when she says that same square is only 1 million for her. The spots *around* the Hereon are 1 million for me, but the actual square with him in it is 5 million.

As for the reason it's so high; that's just what the game makers decided to make it. You do get a new creature out of the expansion so there's that.

Just wait until you get to the spot with the tree creature, that one is 10 million.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

sorry, but i have seen her spot, and it is only $1million coins for that spot. so for newer players like me, i can say i am pretty much screwed in completing these new quests in the time frame given. With my math and animals, it will take me more than 2 weeks to unlock that expansion and i will not be to complete that quest. I think the designers need to have a look and make things a little more accessible.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker316 View Post
    sorry, but i have seen her spot, and it is only $1million coins for that spot. so for newer players like me, i can say i am pretty much screwed in completing these new quests in the time frame given. With my math and animals, it will take me more than 2 weeks to unlock that expansion and i will not be to complete that quest. I think the designers need to have a look and make things a little more accessible.
    I paid five million coins for that spot as well. I believe pretty much everyone on this forum paid five million (except when it was *very* first put out*) so why it costs only one million for your mother seems strange.

It's really meant to be expanded to by higher-level players with a good amount of animals and coin income, and the Treent even moreso. New players should be expanding to the Frostfang and Lightning Leopard before getting any goal about the Hareon.

Executive Chef
    Sometimes the cost can vary by level. If she's a lower level than you, that makes the difference. If she levels up before she expands there, her cost will likely jump up to 5 million as well. I don't know what level it is where the numbers change, but we've seen that before with other things, so I presume that's what's going on.

As far as it being fair... meh, yes, it's fair. You don't NEED to have the Hareon right away for any particular reason. The Badger is a permanent animal. The 2 week goal to breed it does not mean the animal is only available for two weeks. The Badger will still be available after the goal has expired. Whenever you get around to doing the Hareon expansion you will still be able to try for it, even if you wait a year. Yes, you won't be able to breed the Badger in the 2 weeks that the 5 gem reward is available, but really, who cares? It's not like 5 gems is a huge reward or anything. And due to it being an ultra rare animal, hardly anyone is going to breed it in those two weeks anyway, even if they start trying right away.

I understand newer players get SUPER confused with all the limited animals and the timed goals to breed an animal, but here's the deal - a goal to breed the animal has NOTHING to do with when the animal will be removed from the game. Limited animals are ALWAYS marked limited in some way before they are removed. There may or may not be a goal to breed a new animal, and the goal may or may not expire when the animal does. They have NOTHING to do with each other.

So, if you don't have the 5 million coins and don't want to wait until you save them to do your next expansion, expand somewhere else and wait until the point in the game when you are sitting on piles and piles of coins and have nothing to do with them. You'll reach that point eventually if you play long enough - for me it was about 3 months of playing. It takes longer if you choose to use the smaller habitats instead of the big ones that hold 3 animals. But, you will eventually get there. And there's no rush on the Badger.

If you want a treasure animal, the Toucan is a great one to start with as the fails for it are much shorter (ranging from 3-7 hours vs 11-12 or possibly 18 for Badger). And also, remember that these are ULTRA rare animals. Meaning that you can rush over to the Hareon and start breeding with it right away... and still go dozens of attempts and never get the Badger. The odds are extremely low.

I wish you the best of luck, but my advice is not to throw a speed bump into your game by waiting on the 5 million coins to do the Hareon expansion next. Keep expanding as normal and come back to the Hareon when coins aren't an issue any more. The Badger will be waiting for you.

Rhino Keeper
    Expanded here 2 days ago, 5million for me as expected
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

Rhino Keeper
    I think you and your mother are not speaking of the same spot. The 5 millions square is where the Haeron lands not where it flies.

Rhino Keeper
    It was 5 mil and 12 runes for me

Executive Chef

hareon.. changed from ultra rare to super rare ?

anyone remember whether hareon was super rare or ultra rare.
    i was pretty certain that hareon was ultra rare and not super rare :
    i posted once that it was better to epic hareon than gold lion because hareon was ultra rare when gold lion was only super rare. besides i remember that the food amount was as high as for an ultra rare animal !
    but when i was doing battleground for my baby account, i found that hareon is now just super rare !
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    anyone remember whether hareon was super rare or ultra rare.
    i was pretty certain that hareon was ultra rare and not super rare :
    i posted once that it was better to epic hareon than gold lion because hareon was ultra rare when gold lion was only super rare. besides i remember that the food amount was as high as for an ultra rare animal !
    but when i was doing battleground for my baby account, i found that hareon is now just super rare !
    My records have always showed it as a Super Rare. The Super Heron was the second animal prize in the League of Extraordinary Animals Storybook Adventure. The Wild Wondercat was the Ultra-Rare from that Adventure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast