Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New TREASURE animal: Ornate Ocelot!

Executive Chef
    I am disappointed that even at level 15 it only gives 3 Gems every three days. That is less than my Money Badger. If S8 was going to make this type of animal more like Dragon story (not breedable) then the animal should produce 5 gems a day like in DS after evolving 3 times as well.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    I am disappointed that even at level 15 it only gives 3 Gems every three days. That is less than my Money Badger. If S8 was going to make this type of animal more like Dragon story (not breedable) then the animal should produce 5 gems a day like in DS after evolving 3 times as well.
    I agree. I have no interest in buying any of these when they out out such low gems. I don't know why they don't do it like the gold dragons in dragon story and do 5 a day at level 10.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    I totally agree with this. For a BREEDABLE Treasure animal it is fine to only get 1 gem a day, but as this animal cannot be bred even at the sale price the return of investment is after 600 days, which is close to two years...:S

I don't know. Initially I was REALLY excited about this animal as a Treasure Christmas surprise was precisely what I wanted but now I'm really bummed that it can only be bought, and this is right after I spent 20 euros on that second Unicorn so I could BREED animals like this and trio animals and now both these options are out of the window. That doesn't make me very excited to buy more gems now to buy it.

Sad.
    I really wanted this, but I may very well pass on it now. The only way I'd buy it now is if it's long enough on sale that I can accumulate the 200 gems I need to reach the 600 mark. Note: today I DID buy a 250 gem pack but it's got to stop somewhere. Choices will have to be made. If I buy this, there's no chance to buy the third habitat.
    And, with TL's gem reduction strategies of late, I doubt they're going to release anything cool that will help us a bit more on the way to not have to pay for ALL of the required 600 gems with cash. I don't mind putting the 250 gems I bought today towards it, but there's still a large gap and I don't want to fill that with yet another gem purchase.

Sounds like I'll have to pass on this beatiful animal and hope that TL reverts this strategy of reducing "free" gems options and of disallowing us to breed Treasure animals. At least the Prize Pony WAS breedable; that made a very big difference in my decision to buy it back then when I hadn't managed to breed it. This new sale feels totally different. Not nearly half as nice, even though the looks of the animal outclass those of the Prize Pony and it has a beautiful darkish scheme (much like the Ra).

Sad.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    I totally agree with this. For a BREEDABLE Treasure animal it is fine to only get 1 gem a day, but as this animal cannot be bred even at the sale price the return of investment is after 600 days, which is close to two years...:S

I don't know. Initially I was REALLY excited about this animal as a Treasure Christmas surprise was precisely what I wanted but now I'm really bummed that it can only be bought, and this is right after I spent 20 euros on that second Unicorn so I could BREED animals like this and trio animals and now both these options are out of the window. That doesn't make me very excited to buy more gems now to buy it.

Sad.
    I really wanted this, but I may very well pass on it now. The only way I'd buy it now is if it's long enough on sale that I can accumulate the 200 gems I need to reach the 600 mark. Note: today I DID buy a 250 gem pack but it's got to stop somewhere. Choices will have to be made. If I buy this, there's no chance to buy the third habitat.
    And, with TL's gem reduction strategies of late, I doubt they're going to release anything cool that will help us a bit more on the way to not have to pay for ALL of the required 600 gems with cash. I don't mind putting the 250 gems I bought today towards it, but there's still a large gap and I don't want to fill that with yet another gem purchase.

Sounds like I'll have to pass on this beatiful animal and hope that TL reverts this strategy of reducing "free" gems options and of disallowing us to breed Treasure animals. At least the Prize Pony WAS breedable; that made a very big difference in my decision to buy it back then when I hadn't managed to breed it. This new sale feels totally different. Not nearly half as nice, even though the looks of the animal outclass those of the Prize Pony and it has a beautiful darkish scheme (much like the Ra).

Sad.
    Now that the reality has sunk in , I am feeling disappointed that it is not breedable. It would have been the first time that I could have put my 2 Crystal Unicorns to use. ( I just got them before the treasure animals were pulled out).
    The treasure animal is beautiful , and I do have the gems to buy it too , but I think I will give it a pass unless of course TL does some rethinking and makes it breedable ... Then I will be going full throttle in 2 unicorn breeding mode!!
    Hope it becomes breedable.

On a different note, the trio has not been very exciting either as it does not add a new element to the forest .. So I don't know if it's worth all that frustration of not being able to breed it.
    B

Fashion Designer
    As much as i love and enjoy playing FFS, I'll pass on this beautiful Ornate Ocelot. It's not that I don't like it, as I think it's adorable but 600 gems and as Ogreve mentioned it would take 2years to recoup the gems. Also it's not breedable so there is no choice. Either you buy it or not (that reason alone makes me not want one). I was away on holidays for almost a month only to come back and find that ALL gem animals have gone never to return and I couldn't breed one no matter how many hours of breeding went into trying. I was pretty upset that they got rid of the gem animals but now release this. I would actually like to see the return of the previous gem animals if they are now going to release a new gem animal.

Executive Chef
    Ornate Ocelot will never be in my forest, I'm glad I bought a second Money Badger, and I'm happy with my Golden Retriever, that at least gives 4 gems every 3 days, more is better than less.

Not breedable and still has the same rates has Treasure Toucan and instead of 700 gems like Toucan it costs 1,500? Come on TL, you can do better. You don't fool me.
    Last edited by cocauina; 12-22-15 at 03:12 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    The design is beautiful. The gem outcome, the non-breedability and the price? Pretty lame.

Executive Chef
    agreed with everyone. it seems s8 changed the way to get treasure animals : it is like for dragon story. but treasure dragon give lot more golds (5 per day at lvl10 only) than treasure animals give gems. i'm happy i bought my 2nd poney badger.
    though i like the ocelot, i won't buy it : not worth and i don't have the gems for.
    i may buy it for my baby account because it has enough gems for that : i'm not decided
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Fashion Designer
    My feelings are similar to other players' feelings about this treasure animal. I'm going to pass on it. At 600 gems on 'sale' and only giving 1 gem per day... well that's just not worth it to me.

I *did* buy the Prize Pony that cost the same amount and it gives the same number of gems, but at least I was able to try to breed for it first. I honestly think that being given the option to try to breed it is what made me want to buy it in the end. I'm not sure if it makes logical sense, but I think psychologically I had an easier time justifying the purchase thinking "Hey, I tried but didn't succeed, so I'll buy one."

Having the breeding option completely taken away makes me not want this one at all.

Breeding one would be so hard to begin with anyway (it's an Ultra-Rare!) so I probably wouldn't have been successful and S8 would have at least had a chance at getting my gems if I failed. However, making the decision to give this animal a buy-only option has reduced the chances of me buying it to zero.

Also, if the animal gave a respectable amount of gems per day, I would probably reconsider. But at this low earning rate? Nah.

Oh well. Hopefully future treasure animals will be better.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    I just got the following push notification:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb_IMG_2618_1024.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	27134

So, it seems more of them will come.

This one for starters has a beautiful black-gold colour scheme, a thing I *really* love on the Ra, and for which reason I made that an epic.

But, I'm sticking by my ***s: I really want these Treasure animals to be breedable, or indeed give us a heck of a lot more gems per day, like the mentioned 5 a day in DS.

So, just like I made the deliberate choice to make my own little statement (as benign as it may be) to NOT buy any of the Treasure animals on Cyber Monday's disaster, eehhhh "close-out sale", I shall not buy this one if we cannot breed for it, or if the gem gifting isn't VERY substantially improved.

Everyone can do as suits them, but I feel I've got to draw a line somewhere, and I already did that on Cyber Monday. This sale is no different than if I would have bought a Treasure Toucan on Cyber Monday. I then decided to deliberately NOT do that as I didn't support the 1 day notice (nor the decision to remove the breedable Treasure animals), and this time it's basically the same, so my verdict shall be the same.

TL really has got to do substantially better to get me to spend gems on Treasure animals again.
    Last edited by ogreve; 12-22-15 at 03:48 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast