Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New TREASURE animal: Ornate Ocelot!

Fashion Designer
    It makes me wonder what TL is trying to achieve here .

One thing is obvious that they are out to get our money. Well that's ok. They are not into this for charity. They are here to earn. After all it's a commercial venture.
    Are they on the track to achieve their objective? With the past one month's events , I feel they are moving in the opposite direction. They are getting greedy , trying to get all the golden eggs in one go and in the process **** the hen that lays the golden egg.

If this keeps up I would not be surprised if many of us leave the game in disgust or lose interest in it.

Fashion Designer
    I know everyone is super upset about the way they are manipulating us into buying treasure animals now. I don't understand it either. Luckily I was able to breed the Treasure Toucan, Golden Retriever, and the Money Badger before they were taken away. I also bought the Prize Pony as I wasn't able to breed it in the week we were given. I sincerely hoped they had a good reason for taking away the treasure element like perhaps the introduction of a new element or a new and exciting way of getting treasure animals... But sadly it looks like it is just a gem grab. That being said I bought the Ornate Ocelot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	27151
    I don't necessarily feel that great about it but the ocelot is one of my favourite animals and I had to have him. The only good thing about this creature being exclusively sold for such a high price is that many players won't have him in their forests which will make him more desirable and a special addition to the forest

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    It makes me wonder what TL is trying to achieve here .

One thing is obvious that they are out to get our money. Well that's ok. They are not into this for charity. They are here to earn. After all it's a commercial venture.
    Are they on the track to achieve their objective? With the past one month's events , I feel they are moving in the opposite direction. They are getting greedy , trying to get all the golden eggs in one go and in the process **** the hen that lays the golden egg.

If this keeps up I would not be surprised if many of us leave the game in disgust or lose interest in it.
    Exactly

Buying animals stright it goes against the purpose of the game
    Just like what someone said previously
    Nobody get excited when they hear the words i bought this animal
    It only when players says i breed this and that, congratulating each other
    , that i get tempted to buy

I also wonder what they want to achive
    Gem animlas were almost impossible to obtain anyway
    and it did eventually cost me more to speed breed for tucan

Also changing the rewards
    I rarly very rarly manage to get the tournamet prize out if the nest to get the gem price ( i barly manage to win with few hours to spare )
    But when i do i get excited to have my victory reward
    5 gems its nothing really
    And mostly used more gems to win the tournamet anyway

Same goes for trio
    Speed breeding alone is much more than any rewards

What i ment to say
    Give players thing to get excited for
    Furstred players dont pay

Sale with good deals vs
    regur prices with no sales at all
    ( no sales in my accout 2 yrs went by only one gem sale i got , no gems rewards tournemt and trio)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinxx View Post
    I know everyone is super upset about the way they are manipulating us into buying treasure animals now. I don't understand it either. Luckily I was able to breed the Treasure Toucan, Golden Retriever, and the Money Badger before they were taken away. I also bought the Prize Pony as I wasn't able to breed it in the week we were given. I sincerely hoped they had a good reason for taking away the treasure element like perhaps the introduction of a new element or a new and exciting way of getting treasure animals... But sadly it looks like it is just a gem grab. That being said I bought the Ornate Ocelot.

I don't necessarily feel that great about it but the ocelot is one of my favourite animals and I had to have him. The only good thing about this creature being exclusively sold for such a high price is that many players won't have him in their forests which will make him more desirable and a special addition to the forest
    It does at first glance seem like a pretty shocking gem grab thrown in our faces....unusual for an animal to be unbreedable and unwinable.....only available through using gems. For me it is the same as the limited habitats: a rare, ok ultra rare treat for those who have earned and saved up their gems. I had 573 gems at the time of release and thought ho ho I could do it without buying gems and I feel pretty good about it! Many times I wanted to speed and didn't so I'd have a stock of gems when habitats or difficult animals came along.

So, I too will be adding him to my forest by virtue of a reserve of gems saved from collecting from my other gem animals, generous neighbors, gifts for placing decor after trying new games, and yes the leftovers from my Black Friday reserve.

I had thought about getting a second toucan during the gem animal sale but didn't. I predicted a new one would come out and saved a spot for its habitat.
    Last edited by saucysammis; 12-23-15 at 10:59 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by flowless View Post
    Exactly

Buying animals stright it goes against the purpose of the game
    Just like what someone said previously
    Nobody get excited when they hear the words i bought this animal
    It only when players says i breed this and that, congratulating each other
    , that i get tempted to buy

What i ment to say
    Give players thing to get excited for
    Furstred players dont pay
    That's exactly what I meant... Give something to be excited about , something to work for and then if one gets it the satisfaction would be tenfold. It would even lead to more gem buys.

I would have much rather preferred a flash tournament . At least there would have been something to do , rather than just clicking buy and feeling yay I bought it!!
    I would rather work for it and go
    Yay I bred the Ornate Ocelot.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by saucysammis View Post
    It does at first glance seem like a pretty shocking gem grab thrown in our faces....unusual for an animal to be un readable and unwinable.....only available through using gems. For me it is the same as the limited habitats: a rare, ok ultra rare treat for those who have earned and saved up their gems. I had 573 gems at the time of release and thought ho ho I could do it without buying gems and I feel pretty good about it! Many times I wanted to speed and didn't so I'd have a stock of gems when habitats or difficult animals came along.

So, I too will be adding him to my forest by virtue of a reserve of gems saved from collecting from my other gem animals, generous neighbors, gifts for placing decor after trying new games, and yes the leftovers from my Black Friday reserve.

I had thought about getting a second toucan during the gem animal sale but didn't. I predicted a new one would come out and saved a spot for its habitat.
    That's my plan also! Since I don't need to buy any gems to be able to get the Ocelot, I figure it's no different from buying a gem habitat - except that the Ocelot gives gems back ( although slowly). I hope they raise the gem amount the new treasure animals give to the same level as in DS (5 a day) in the future since we now have the same buy only system as well.
    In any case, I think this is my all-time favorite FFS animal so I will buy it. It's just a question of timing now... If the 15 hours in the den right now turns out to be a Storking, I want to give more shots at breeding the Rudolphin again...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinxx View Post

Hi, what is the hatching time for this animal?

Fashion Designer
    I just noticed the market and splash page don't say anything about the animal being a limited-time animal, just that the sale is limited-time. So I guess this will be a permanent non-breedable animal?
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chippychan View Post
    I just noticed the market and splash page don't say anything about the animal being a limited-time animal, just that the sale is limited-time. So I guess this will be a permanent non-breedable animal?
    I think so. In DS all treasure dragons are unbreedable, so I think they wanted to introduce the same system here and that's why they pulled all the previous breedable ones. This is just the first one of the new type of treasure animal (like Treasure Toucan was the first of the old ones). I'm sure there will be more introduced in the future. I just hope some of them give more gems.

Edit: just to add, I completely understand why people are upset - this is a big change!

I guess the reason I'm not upset is that I was expecting this based on playing DS. I was very upset when they pulled all treasure animals away so I'm actually very relieved to see there's a new generation of them coming out!
    This just requires a shift in playing style - gathering and saving gems for treasure animal sales in addition to premium habitats.
    Last edited by Sandybellee; 12-23-15 at 07:38 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadiaTofu View Post
    Would not mind buying this, but, oh wait---I can't! I have no more room for habitats and there is no way I'm getting rid of all of my 3-element habitats I paid good money to own for my kingdom. S8 fails utterly, yet again, with another update with no new expansion anywhere in sight...

I am with you. I wouldn't mind buying it but I don't have any room to buy the habitat to put the ocelot in. I really, really hope there will be an expansion soon. (Friday????) Otherwise, I will have to pass up to on this anymore animal.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast