Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Wonderland Catering Cruise

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dalexxx View Post
    I have like 150+ quickserves I have saved up as I don't use it. I got it from previous events that had them as rewards and thru normal random gifting. I haven't have received quickserves from facebook though ::3

good luck all and happy new year =D
    At one point I had 90 + quick services. Then on vacation the UK cruise started. I had to use all of them and a bucket load of gems. Was this close to finishing on the last day which coincided with our 16 hours worth of flights home. Planned it all out only to have it go to heck when we found out they changed our flights and sent us the wrong information. Our flights were departing in 30 min which was 4 hours earlier than scheduled. Then my phone died and I had no connection at the airports. On top of that two of our flights were delayed by hours so when we finally landed at home, the event had ended and I was only a few gems short. Lost all those quick services and gems and was so close. Since then I've only received about 5 quick services. That was months so ago. Oh well

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    I'm newer to RS2 and this is my second cruise event. I clearly don't know how to play them. Can someone point me to a guide for future events? Also I see people mentioning how many gems per day, are you spending real gems? I am not looking to pay to complete the event so if that is what I am missing that it costs money they I guess I can't complete it but any advice is appreciated

I'm currently a level 20 something if that helps, retuned to the game once I started playing BS2 from CS, my main game

I've been enjoying mastering recipes and seeing the count go up, a unique feature to this game

Looking forward to more events!
    Lone pudding did a great job in pointing you to the guides. Just wanted to add regarding the daily gems question. Each day there is gem amount that appears next to your meter. This amount goes up with each day. That amount is how much it would cost to finish/skip that day's orders. Each order is worth either 1,2,3,4 coins. Each coin amount is worth a certain amount, which may change due to level or day. For example a 1 coin dish may be worth 5 gems. So when you turn in that 1 coin order, your meter fills up a certain percentage and the daily gem value goes down by 5. So if the daily gem value is 500 gems to finish/skip and you only get 1 coin orders, you would have to make 100 dishes that day to finish out the day.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    150?! I thought the limit was 40. Send some my way!
    Yep the limit is 40 but through gifts and without using them, they pile up =)

I gift daily but of course the receiver gets it in random unfortunately :/

Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    At one point I had 90 + quick services. Then on vacation the UK cruise started. I had to use all of them and a bucket load of gems. Was this close to finishing on the last day which coincided with our 16 hours worth of flights home. Planned it all out only to have it go to heck when we found out they changed our flights and sent us the wrong information. Our flights were departing in 30 min which was 4 hours earlier than scheduled. Then my phone died and I had no connection at the airports. On top of that two of our flights were delayed by hours so when we finally landed at home, the event had ended and I was only a few gems short. Lost all those quick services and gems and was so close. Since then I've only received about 5 quick services. That was months so ago. Oh well
    OMG I feel for you, wasn't there an option to buy whatever is remaining with gems or do you have to pay full price?

I missed 2 cruises before cause I thought I don't feel like playing the game then I felt like continuing lol

Rhino Keeper
    Yay!!! I just finished my first cruise! All thanks to the counters that was stocked with 3 and 4-coin dishes, they helped a lot. Now I'm going to turn my chairs back and let the guests enjoy the food. Happy New Year!
    Restaurant Story 2 (Level 55) | Bakery Story 2 (Level 33)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dalexxx View Post
    Yep the limit is 40 but through gifts and without using them, they pile up =)

I gift daily but of course the receiver gets it in random unfortunately :/

OMG I feel for you, wasn't there an option to buy whatever is remaining with gems or do you have to pay full price?

I missed 2 cruises before cause I thought I don't feel like playing the game then I felt like continuing lol
    I would have used gems if I had landed before the event was over but once an event is over the costs usually reverts to the original gem prices for items/people. Oh well. The positive that came out of it was that for the first time I realized the world wasn't going to end if I didn't complete an event. Lol that was a watershed moment for me!

Executive Chef
    I finished this yesterday and love that the recipes have decent quantities. Not that I have any counter space. I've been throwing food away to make room for those I haven't yet mastered. Congrats to all who finished and good luck to those still trying. I don't know the last time I had quick serves, so don't think you need those! Remove some chairs if you need to...

And I don't know about yall but I'm ready for the next event! First time I've said that. Because I have 20 mastery spices taking up too much room in storage. It's an eyesore that I'm desperate to use.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    This happened to me in August for the Alaskan event. I was close but during the final few hours of returning home, I couldn't play, then was so exhausted that I forgot to check in during the last hour and was only a few short gems away from finishing. I wanted that baked Alaska so bad. And still get annoyed when I see someone have it on their counter.

Rhino Keeper
    The falling snow and ice skater on the Holiday Town Display table is really cute. Sweet little detail.
    Love the stove & it's recipes.

Banned
    Used about 90 saved gems to speed up some items collection to finish 4 hours ahead just in case there is something wrong with the timer, because I'd be really upset if I don't get the last prize after so many days of hard work because of coding or technical error or what not I wish I learned about the pre-stocking my counters and turning chair around trick earlier though. Could have saved a lot of time and gems. It didn't help much today as I only got a couple catering orders that were already on my counter! It kept asking for ingredients so I had to gem skip those =( Oh well, will keep the trick in mind next time!

Now I can focus on a different game that's not on my ipad...

Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    The first cruise came around and I was only level 23. I know exactly how hard it is. I had a terrible time! I have won 3 cruises so far and have gone up 20 levels since I first tried one, but I still struggle with these things!

Here are two threads that have helped me in the past:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....Event*-(-o-)-*

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....se-Event-Guide

When people mention gems per day, that's how much you would need to pay if you didn't want any work to do. You can use gems to skip through all the days just for the rewards if you really wanted to! Delivering orders to the ship decrease the gem cost, and doing so can get you through the whole event for free!
    Thanks for the help, hopefully I progress moving forward if I'm still playing
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 