Thread: Trio Breeding

Executive Chef

Trio Breeding

I love Dragon Story, so please take that into account. There is very little I would change, I like it just as it is.

HOWEVER - I will never do another Trio event such as the Past/Present/Future one currently being held unless there are improvements/adjustments to the breeding algorithm.

Past wasn't so bad, but I had five Sunrise fails. Each is 24 hours, so that is 5 full days gone.

Present was a nightmare and I notice some players still struggling even now. I bred:

Fruitful x 12
    Parakeet x 3
    Loch Ness x 2
    Druid x 2
    Fairytale x 1 (liked that one! )
    Fuzzy x 1 (well, had to try something!)

Present arrived on the 22nd pairing. So 188 hours to get Present, if I've added up the hours correctly.

So far trying for Future I've used 43 hours (on 4th attempt now).

In total, some 351 hours of breeding den time.

Now, while I do not expect a Trio to be a walk in the park to breed. I do not think the designers expected players to get 11 Fruitful eggs in a row either, which I did (of the total 12 for Present).

I am a player who would be inclined to spend gold to speed up for the right dragon, but not for this, it is way too frustrating and then I become stubborn and refuse. Yes, everyone has a different definition of "right dragon"!

I do like the Trio concept, but I strongly recommend the developers review the breeding algorithm before trying this event again.

Since I am on the Feedback page, I have played Bakery Story 2, Restaurant Story 2, Fashion Story Boardwalk, Fantasy Forest Story and Castle Story. All similar style games, but NONE of them are a patch on Dragon Story for me. I've lost interest in every single one of them rather quickly. Castle Story I am persevering with at the moment, out of sheer stubbornness, but I can see I'll give that up too very shortly. The energy just keeps running out before I can actually achieve anything and that annoys me!

Importantly, from a revenue perspective, Dragon Story is the only one I have liked enough to spend real money on. The others seem like adaptations of the original idea, just not as good. Or they just don't appeal to my brain, perhaps! I have to REALLY like something before I'll spend money, not spend money to see if I like it.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 12-20-15 at 08:21 PM.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    This hasn't gotten any easier - on my 18th attempt to get Future, with time running out. In the meantime several other limited availability dragons have come and gone without any time available to try for them, so this difficulty is a double whammy.