Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: World Event: Holly Jolly Holiday

Fashion Designer
    Yes, thanks so much for these calculations Sandybellee!
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalpsy View Post
    Oh dear, just got the Tinsowl and just saw that we will need 4000 sweaters to win the last individual prize (Nutcracker). Very challenging. Currently the community has managed to collect just over 45 million sweaters.

Attachment 27101
    Oh my! I guess I have to plant 8 hour crops overnight instead of nexus nuts. :-(

Averaging 160 a day for 25 days is a lot to do over a holiday. In the last 5 world events, we have had to average 153, 158, 158, 158, and 158 a day to get the final individual prize. This is the highest average I can recall. Good luck to all!

Thank you so much for the update cardinalpsy!
    Last edited by MaribouMay; 12-21-15 at 11:19 AM.
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Thanks Sandybellee I'm over which is a GOOD thing incase I have a few slow days. 522
    Last edited by jojopeanut; 12-21-15 at 11:48 PM.

Executive Chef
    You're welcome, guys! I won't be too active on the forum in the next few weeks so Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone celebrating!

Executive Chef
    Same here, I too will likely be limitedly on the forum from Dec. 25th - Jan. 4th, unless we have good internet access abroad. So, happy holidays already to everybody!

Now, to return to this thread: I was certain I was going to buy the Glowing Grove habitat for my main forest too, but I'm not so certain anymore. On my secondary account I at times like to experiment a little bit and as on that account I'm in no hurry to speed a lot, and play several of the goal games too, over time I had acquired enough gems to have allowed me to buy all three of the winter habitats. For those who want to take a look: that forest has the S8 ID 'Ribedy' (without quotes) and as forest name 'Lafa'. I have set up the three winter habitats there on the lower blue shelf and there they look fabulous. But... but... but.... The Glowing Grove may be just a tiny bit too 'Christmassy' for me to want to put it on the upper blue shelf in my main forest. In the secondary forest I'm currently 'staging' a bit what they would/could look like in my main forest too, so those who take a look may see them in different configurations. The two obvious configurations for my main forest would be to have the three of them in a row that 'goes up from left to right, bottom to top', or to have them as a 'symmetrical triangle' with the Winter Wonderland in the top centre, the Tinkerer's Workshop to the lower left and the Glowing Grove to the lower right.
    I had envisioned the former for my main forest (with the current 3 gem habitats remaining unchanged, and the winter ones directly to the right of them). But when doing that, and when making the two small creeks of the two habitats with water meet up, I can't really find a configuration that I'm 100% pleased with. The Christmas trees in the Glowing Grove draw in the attention a bit too much, and (I fear) away from the surrounding Gem habitats... In time I could perhaps, if desired, move the three habitats (or only two of them) down to the lower blue shelf, but that would require some serious reordering and I don't know exactly how I could best do that...
    Looking at it now, the second option (i.e. the 'triangle shape') will probably be nicer, with the Tinkerer's Workshop and Winter Wonderland where they are now, and the Glowing Grove to the lower right (i.e. directly to the right of the Tinkerer's Workshop. That way it would all look a lot more symmetrical and I wouldn't miss out on a premium habitat... The next question then becomes when to buy it. With the world event going on I don't want to be down to 5 Grand Farms again and there's a queue for the flower. It will take several days still before I can expand again, and then (as it's on the blue shelf), that will take 12 hours expansion time + 33:20 hours foliage clearing. I'm at 5 bombs and 29 runes now, so realistically spoken it will still take around a week or so to be able to move the habitat in its place then. That would be a problem if I manage to breed the Rudolphin and want to aim for the Teddy Bear, in which case I'd have to swap out a farm for a flower at least for the duration of a Rudolphin evolution.
    All of it is doable, but is a bit of a hassle. I wished we knew how long the habitat sale will last. I'd love to secure it before today's update, but I think I'd better wait, and just hope that it will stay on sale until at least Friday or next week Tuesday (if I can even play then, that is...).
    Looks like I've got some thinking to do later today.... Any advice is welcome.

...and as a picture says more than a thousand words, here's what I mean...:

Name:  IMG_2601.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  298.7 KB

I think this will be the configuration I'll choose for the main forest, but then set-up in the lower centre of the upper blue shelf.
    Last edited by ogreve; 12-22-15 at 03:21 AM.

Executive Chef
    That looks very nice Ogreve!

Sandybelle, thank you so much for figuring out daily amounts, it's extremely helpful. I felt like I was collecting much slower than I normally do for these events since I am not planting rune prunes but sticking to nexus nuts and charm cherries. But according to you figures, with 787 already today I'm doing just fine. I shall have my chimney shortly and then on to collecting for the owl which I must say is probably my favorite of these three animals. Happy collecting everyone!

Rhino Keeper
    The only animal I will get will probably be the community prize, tinsowl or none. Because I will be on vacation and I only have five grand farms plus a normal one. I can only get on in the night and I can't buy gems to speed up prunes. I average about 104 per day, which means I'll barely make it to 2000 before the event ends.
    ✵✵✵✵✵ Sнα∂ιfєяη (plz call me Shadi)✵✵✵✵✵

✵✵✵✵✵plays Fantasy Forest Story (FFS)✵✵✵✵✵

✵✵✵✵✵Aura (ID is Shadifern)✵✵✵✵✵

✵✵✵✵✵forest news✵✵✵✵✵

Takes forever to get those freaking bombs. I'm running out of space, and fast. I already had to sell super rares because of this.

Thank you hopefully I can win an animal on spin to win haven't succeded yet. And these from the event & trios 10 days to go I only need the teddy bear I'm breeding only for him until hopefully I'm sucssesfull. Hope to fill them up..lol eventually when I expand the full lower blue shelf I plan to move them all over the right with my gem grove complementing the center.

I missed the quote in response to sweetdede
    Last edited by jojopeanut; 12-22-15 at 08:50 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopeanut View Post
    Thank you hopefully I can win an animal on spin to win haven't succeded yet. And these from the event & trios 10 days to go I only need the teddy bear I'm breeding only for him until hopefully I'm sucssesfull. Hope to fill them up..lol eventually when I expand the full lower blue shelf I plan to move them all over the right with my gem grove complementing the center.

I missed the quote in response to sweetdede
    I'm doing some rearranging of animals with my habitats too, with the addition of Santa claws and fingers crossed that I will breed a teddy bear my winter habitats will be full. I am really considering buying another Glowing Grove to house my world event animals. We will see though what I eventually decide. If I do the tinker shop will be moved back to where the ice cream habitat is and it will go in front of that.
    Happy breeding to you, I hope you get the teddy bear, with the unicorn I bred trying for teddy bear (my 5th) finally getting moved to the nest I can put in another attempt. Surprised I did not speed the unicorn out of the den but not sure I will have it in me to wait for her to hatch, it's really costing me teddy bear attempts.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the reality checks, they are really helpful and take some of the pressure of collecting if u know where u r at. I sped so much trying for secret santler and teddy bear so iv got 1355 silly sweaters

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast