Thread: Idea to Fix Performance Issues

Rhino Keeper

Idea to Fix Performance Issues

I know I am not the only who has DS keep crashing when you try to do things like visit neighbors, plant crops, battle in the Arena, go on Quests, Mine, etc. I remember a thread where the issue with having more habitats was that the animations of the dragons cause a large performance drag.

Right now I cannot build a new habitat because DS crashes every time I try to place a new habitat. And YES I am not at my habitat limit, I am at 148 or 161 so I have 13 left!

Here is my solution. Add a setting to allow users to turn off all dragon animations. That way players with a larger number of habitats/dragons can play without having the game crash all the time. If you want to see the dragon animations you can just turn the setting back on.
    Level 200
    717Unique Dragons
    Accepting Neighbors, send invite to Jmthrive

Very interesting post, which proves my theory that the last versions of the game have been developed this way that are hard to be played by mid-range android devices anymore without crashes or similar problems!

I have already mentioned the specific habitats' crash in 2 different threads in the bug's section.
    I have also posted that my solution is to run the seasonal version (Halloween), which is prior to the last "baggy" 3 main versions and works pretty fine to my devices!

So, about your solution, have you ever tried the 3 animation options inside the Developers' Option Menu of your android device?
    I will make some tests and i will post if these options fix the problem or not.
    Last edited by mylord7; 01-01-16 at 04:45 PM.

Fashion Designer
    This sounds like a really good idea. I have no idea if it would change anything, but I actually think so because my game crashes when I visit players with level 130+ and many dragons.

And I confirm that running the seasonal version is a workaround. I can't open the normal version at all (since ~ two months) and only the Halloween version works. Of course it shouldn't be a longterm solution because I really like the Halloween design, but by now I would actually like to see my island in normal daylight again.
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Quote Originally Posted by mylord7 View Post
    So, about your solution, have you ever tried the 3 animation options inside the Developers' Option Menu of your android device?
    I will make some tests and i will post if these options fix the problem or not.
    As promised, i tested all the possible combinations of the 3 animation options inside the Developers' Option Menu of my android device (exist in every android device), even i disabled them, but unfortunately nothing worked or fixed the crashing problems.
    So, remains only the JMThrive's idea in the first post and only the debveloprs of the game can make this happen...

Rhino Keeper
    I had issues with this last week. Then I read about going back to Halloween and this allowed me to buy the habitats I wanted.

Why are there issues like this within the main x.x.x base version of Dragon and the solution is going to a much older "temporary" version to "work around". And why are there so many versions? Each new update should not require a download.