Fashion Designer
    I just got to goal 13 / 16 and here are the details:

Steps:
    - Reach Novice Level of Lil Gingerbread House
    - Reach Artisan Level of Eggnog
    - Reach Master Level of Fruitcake
    Reward: Snowflake Floor x 5

Lil Gingerbread House Recipe:
    3 winter spice, 3 gingerbreads, 4 peppermint frostings, 2 sugar frostings (8 hours)
    Lil Gingerbread House mastery: 5 / ? / ?

Eggnog Recipe:
    2 winter spices, 3 milk, 5 eggs, 1 peppermint frosting (1 hour)
    Eggnog mastery: 5 / 8 / 12

Fruitcake Recipe:
    2 winter spices, 3 cherries, 3 strawberries, 3 lemons (3 hours)
    Fruitcake mastery: 5 / 5 / 10

Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    So your appliances like the home oven and fancy oven, do use them at all now? Or do you still use all appliances and book the higher value recipes on all? I hope that made sense!
    I am using the first oven (clear blue top) only for the Christmas recipe, all other recipe in it are mastered. For the oven with the dark blue top, I only have cookie left to mastered (90/100) so I keep on baking cookie.

Several days in I've decided these gingerbread house goals are actually pretty unfair. And I say that as someone who is likely to complete the event.

It takes an hour and twenty eight minutes to make the ingredients for one house, up to 6 hours to get the Winter Spices if your luck is poor, and then 8 hours to bake it. Best case scenario you're making 2 houses every 9.5 hours, worst case you could be looking at 14 hours for a single house. And you have to make, I assume, 15 minimum to complete goal 16, right?

With the best possible luck AND waking up at night to keep cooking ingredients and goal items, that's 6 straight days of baking for just Gingerbread houses. With bad luck you're looking at about 9 days of just waiting and baking gingerbread houses. And then there are the people who haven't even made it to goals 12-16 yet because of bad luck on cookie cutters.

Who came up with this? It's not well designed and it's incredibly imbalanced. I feel like the goals were just thought up and then thrown in without actually doing the math on just how long these would take with various RNG outcomes. And again, I say this as someone who actually has the capacity to finish even with bad luck at this point. Next time maybe make a spreadsheet to make sure the goals are actually possible to achieve without good luck on one of the parts and waking up in the middle of the night to cook more items.

As a lesser criticism, it's really, really boring that almost all of the ingredients come from a single appliance.
    Last edited by goombajoe; 12-23-15 at 11:15 AM.

Where's my reply I posted yesterday ? I posted about how I can't unlock fruitcake even after goal 8. I tried Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, still locked. I have about 12 or 13 days to pass the rest of the goals, please help

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by goombajoe View Post
    Several days in I've decided these gingerbread house goals are actually pretty unfair. And I say that as someone who is likely to complete the event.

It takes an hour and twenty eight minutes to make the ingredients for one house, up to 6 hours to get the Winter Spices if your luck is poor, and then 8 hours to bake it. Best case scenario you're making 2 houses every 9.5 hours, worst case you could be looking at 14 hours for a single house. And you have to make, I assume, 15 minimum to complete goal 16, right?

With the best possible luck AND waking up at night to keep cooking ingredients and goal items, that's 6 straight days of baking for just Gingerbread houses. With bad luck you're looking at about 9 days of just waiting and baking gingerbread houses. And then there are the people who haven't even made it to goals 12-16 yet because of bad luck on cookie cutters.

Who came up with this? It's not well designed and it's incredibly imbalanced. I feel like the goals were just thought up and then thrown in without actually doing the math on just how long these would take with various RNG outcomes. And again, I say this as someone who actually has the capacity to finish even with bad luck at this point. Next time maybe make a spreadsheet to make sure the goals are actually possible to achieve without good luck on one of the parts and waking up in the middle of the night to cook more items.

As a lesser criticism, it's really, really boring that almost all of the ingredients come from a single appliance.
    I agree with you, and I also want to add that with the multiple issues that occurs with these goals (the achievement of different cooking level AND recipe locking for no reason even if you are already baking them), it makes those goals not fun to succeed.

Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten about the huge number of players with missing goals, goals that won't mark as complete, etc. Massive swing and miss for this Christmas "event".

Fashion Designer
    Ok, I even uninstalled and reinstalled, and although the quest says it updates, I go to my Barista Machine, and Eggnog is still locked. What do I do?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by goombajoe View Post

So, those of us who haven't made it to the ginger bread house yet, won't make it? I have been working my baking fingers off but can only get 1 maybe 2 if lucky, holiday spice so can't make more than one or two ginger bread to make the cookies OR make one or two eggnogs a day. No way can do more with my current drop rates

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    So, those of us who haven't made it to the ginger bread house yet, won't make it? I have been working my baking fingers off but can only get 1 maybe 2 if lucky, holiday spice so can't make more than one or two ginger bread to make the cookies OR make one or two eggnogs a day. No way can do more with my current drop rates
    And when it's not about how lucky we are with the dropping rate, it's the recipe locking itself for no reason and no way to change it, even with installing the game again. -_-

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabriiinax4 View Post
    And when it's not about how lucky we are with the dropping rate, it's the recipe locking itself for no reason and no way to change it, even with installing the game again. -_-
    Yah, that's not cool at all. If it helps to know, even if your goals worked, the drops are so abysmal for some of us that you probably wouldn't finish any ways.