Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quest for coins seems like Quest for nothing...

Quest for coins seems like Quest for nothing...

On my second account, which is on level 67 and i don't play much, i decided to make some tests.
    So i sent my Epic Fire Dragon to quest for coins for about 20 - 25 times in a raw and the results were: 1500 / 2000 / 2500 / 3000 coins.
    Perhaps there are one or two better earnings, but it seems that these are the most common ones and i haven't seen anything better untill now.

I think the "quest for coins" exists for helping new or low level players to earn some extra coins.
    So, i made some quick maths.
    The cost for this quest is 1000 coins each time and lasts 6 hours.
    The Big Red Rocks habitat can hold up to 2500 coins.
    A 10 level Fire Dragon earns 1968 coins in 6 hours (On level 15 earns 2286 coins).
    The Dragon, during the quest can't produce coins in the habitat it belongs.
    So, by starting this quest, you are losing 1000 coins (directly) and 1968 coins (indirectly), which means ~3000 coins in total (~3250 on level 15), to earn at best 3000 coins!!!

Even if we quest for crops, the worst result will be 3000 coins, which is the best common result in the especially coins' dedicated quest!
    When it was quest for gold, i could understand the coin fails to be low earnings, but now what's the point?

Conclusion: What's the need of this quest in this form? It "sounds like a bad joke to my ears" and i don't know what the TL developers were thinking when they configured it this way!
    So, it has to be re-configured, to really helps players who need coins (with some normal and extra, not so common, amount of earnings) and not to be such a waste of time like it is after the last changes
    Last edited by mylord7; 12-13-15 at 08:20 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Do remember we need 5k to start magic quest, so getting 3k back we just lost 2k n 6hrs or more because magic is questing of whatever yr magic dragon is in habitat... I Have a frequent streak of 3k coins in a row for 2 to 3 days straight... But I cannot complain because once magic is eating up all of my coins for days, she is bring me 5k or 8k apples in maybe 24hrs...

Fire quest for coins is in actual fact as you mention waste of time, unless of coz they bring back the gold

Edit: since quest start at lvl12 or somewhere close, Low lvl might only do it because fat magic is still not breed n they only have fire.... Unless quest can be done at lvl1 might help the Low level till magic is breed Imo

Of course i know that Magic quest costs 5k and the 3k result means that we finally have lost some coins.
    But the 3k result is just one logical fail and there are 4-5 more results (excluding the common 125 crops too) which really give a fair (500 or 800) or a very good (1200, 5000 or 8000) amount of crops, even if the last ones are not so common.
    I consider it fair and the escalation of the earnings has common sense. Sometimes it's a win/lose procedure, and some other times is win/win one!
    In contrary, the quest for coins is a win/lose procedure all the times!

Executive Chef
    I agree with you, MyLord7. Totally irrational.

Btw, what does the 7 indicate? And why "My Lord"? Should I be learning to genuflect?

Executive Chef
    MyLord7, I'd challenge your assumptions about the quest for a beginning level player. A different scenario, instead of your epic Fire dragon being the quester, is a second level 1 Fire dragon from the same habitat is sent on the quest. Now the cost over a 6 hour period is 1420 coins to quest. So they are gambling that at worst they will get 1500 coins back, effectively losing 420 coins of lost opportunity with a chance for a possible gain of 1500+ coins. Now make the assumption that the quester is the third dragon in the habitat, then there is essentially no lost coin opportunity so the fire 1 returns a minimum of 500 coin profit every time.

If we are talking about the 2 dragon habitat, then it is a no brainer to go on the quest. A minimum of 1500 coins collected once every 6 hours vs. 250 coins collected every hour over 6 hours.

You are right that at some point in the game, the quest does become irrelevant. But for that beginner scraping for every coin, it is a viable option.
    Last edited by roguebee; 12-13-15 at 10:04 PM.

Executive Chef
    Roguebee - a clear indication of how quickly we forget the early days. Very valid points. You know, I was bemoaning yesterday the 8 million for a third gold habitat had, shock horror, sent my coin balance down to somewhere between 60 and 70k. Back at the beginning the idea of paying 8 million for a habitat would have been.............. UNBELIEVABLE!

Banned
    it became irrelevant when they took the gold rewards away. lol

Nightclub Owner
    My advice would be for low level players to try & have one level 4 Fire dragon in addition to the one you leveled up to 10 (assuming you have). That way, your Epic guy can stay home & make coins while your baby can go out looking for more

ETA: I forget if the dragon has to be level 4 to Quest like it has to be to fight/trade....if not, use level 1!
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    You can use a Fire 1. I kept one just to go questing for gold. He was a winning mercenary from one of my first tournaments who successfully beat a Champion level 20.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    My advice would be for low level players to try & have one level 4 Fire dragon in addition to the one you leveled up to 10 (assuming you have). That way, your Epic guy can stay home & make coins while your baby can go out looking for more

ETA: I forget if the dragon has to be level 4 to Quest like it has to be to fight/trade....if not, use level 1!
    I remember you need to be level 10 ~ 12 to do quest... So I dun think you be doing quest for coins although we need coins badly at Low lvl, it just defeat the purpose. When I started DS I remember it is quest for coins not quest for gold lol... When I can start to do quest I remember I already have magic since during that level 10~12.

Of coz it might help more if quest can be done at lvl1 ~ 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast