Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Come share the rare Dragons that Elude Your Island (upper level players)

Fashion Designer

Come share the rare Dragons that Elude Your Island (upper level players)

Ok! I wanted to start a thread for upper level players (I will say level 100 and up) who have certain dragons that have just never joined their island. This thread is for those supposedly "rare" two color dragons (or three color - as long as it is considered "rare" - super rare dragons need not apply here ).

For me, the ones who stand out the most are Fairy, Music, and Cosmic. It seems like every island I come across has these seemingly "rare" and "easy to breed" dragons.

I'm level 143 and they just don't like me for whatever reason. I've never bred them.

OH - that is until just now! I finally got my first Fairy as a fail! lol - and I've been playing for an entire year.

Are there any "RARE" dragons that just seem to avoid you at all costs? Especially players who've been playing for a long time. (but others are welcome, too ) Please share them! I'm very interested to know!
    Last edited by blackeneddove; 04-28-16 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added additional emphasis on the word "rare".
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

Fashion Designer
    I'm level 111 and I just got my first Music on Thursday and my first Cosmic on Friday (and two more right afterwards)

But I never got a Butterfly dragon. I see players at level 8 and they have multiple ones and it seems as common as Life or Landworm, but I never had one shrugs It's no big deal for me, but it still surprises me
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hiabarara View Post
    I'm level 111 and I just got my first Music on Thursday and my first Cosmic on Friday (and two more right afterwards)

But I never got a Butterfly dragon. I see players at level 8 and they have multiple ones and it seems as common as Life or Landworm, but I never had one shrugs It's no big deal for me, but it still surprises me
    I know what you mean! I did really want a fairy (I generally like most of the dragons with the fairy base), but not having a music dragon is no big deal really. It just surprises me that I've never bred one since they are only considered "rare". The same with Cosmic, which I really would like so that I can try for Eclipse or Saturn.

Speaking of single types, I've also never bred a Dino or a Tropic. Also no big deal, but strange.

Executive Chef
    I can't get get Helios and I can't get a few really annoying dragons, castle, jester,chess I can't get bubble to save my life. Hunter or bat. Troll, dark steel and medusa. I'm missing many newer ones but these dozen or so I just can't get! Bah!
    -Level 200- ISO- Playing since early 2012- Proud sahm to 3 young men, my eldest is in his first year of video game design school in Seattle, my youngest, my twins, are starting High School this year!- Where does the time go? -We have 2 dogs & one wild and crazy fun hedgehog- "Ms Pickles"- Loving life in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!-

"We need land not useless decor and trophies that I wouldn't waste an inch of my island space on!"

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by blackeneddove View Post
    I know what you mean! I did really want a fairy (I generally like most of the dragons with the fairy base), but not having a music dragon is no big deal really. It just surprises me that I've never bred one since they are only considered "rare". The same with Cosmic, which I really would like so that I can try for Eclipse or Saturn.

Speaking of single types, I've also never bred a Dino or a Tropic. Also no big deal, but strange.
    I have Dino and tropic but none of the other ones of their type...
    -Level 200- ISO- Playing since early 2012- Proud sahm to 3 young men, my eldest is in his first year of video game design school in Seattle, my youngest, my twins, are starting High School this year!- Where does the time go? -We have 2 dogs & one wild and crazy fun hedgehog- "Ms Pickles"- Loving life in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!-

"We need land not useless decor and trophies that I wouldn't waste an inch of my island space on!"

Executive Chef
    Kitsune! I've given up, at least for the moment!

I bred Triceratops before I ever saw sight or sign of Dino. Really odd, but there you go. I'm level 107 and don't YET consider that I'm struggling to get any particular dragon because I've only been playing since August. I've just scored my second Metal type, Armor (which I didn't even know existed, so a surprise!).

Like many, the Diamond hybrids prove elusive, other than Crusader and Gold - they LOVE my island with a passion - although really I haven't been trying for Diamonds much lately as I need to level up the ones I do have. So maybe I shouldn't say they are elusive just yet! I did breed Diamond/Scorpio a few times trying for Black Diamond or Mercury, but no luck so far.

I have no Mythic, no Cosmic and no Tropic yet. I tried Diamond/Infinity heaps of times (resulting in Stone, Metal and Triceratops) to get the minor types, plus got Aries from Diamond/Scorpio. I'd like some Cosmic, I love the habitat! Given I got my first stone, metal and dino type dragons from that pairing, I assume the other three minor types will come in time.

I just got Fairytale overnight as a Present fail. I tried for Fairytale many times before, nothing - now I get it as a fail for something else! That, I find, often happens to me.

No Egypt, Valentine or Soccer either, but Valentine hasn't been available, I don't think, since I've been playing, soccer I can live without, frankly, and Egypt I just haven't got around to trying for.

Edit: natsu_d just reminded me about Moon. That eludes me too, so much so I'd forgotten I gave up!
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 12-13-15 at 07:54 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Crusader! I tried for it more than 200 times with no luck. I know it's ultra rare and all, but I bred Quetzal, Black Diamond and now Gold no problem.
    Also Zodiac. I bought the habitat once but the dragon turned out to be a Social fail and it still avoids me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyn25 View Post
    Crusader! I tried for it more than 200 times with no luck. I know it's ultra rare and all, but I bred Quetzal, Black Diamond and now Gold no problem.
    Also Zodiac. I bought the habitat once but the dragon turned out to be a Social fail and it still avoids me.
    I've traded Crusaders - there are only so many any one island needs and I kept getting them. I've kept a spare. Now Infinity - THAT was difficult for me.

New Resident
    I can't breed Helios or moon to save my life. I even bought a second breeding den and charge it when a boosted breed weekend comes around. Still no luck. I still have hope it will drop for me someday!!

Fashion Designer
    This may sound ridiculous but everyone I visit (or at least try to visit) has Wooden, Treefrog, Metal hybrids (I'm still failing to get Armor or Gadget for that matter). I have a great number of black hybrids, but the black/green ones (like hunter/troll) are giving me a hard time. I have been playing for nearly 3 years, have over 310 unique dragons but a "simple" double rainbow is still no show...
    Thnx for this thread, needed to vent a little
    Island name:
    ShadowBahamut lvl 156 IOS, 325 Unique Dragons
    Diamonds:
    Diamond, Infinity, DAngel, Angel, Crusader, Quetzal, Helios, Unicorn, Gold
    Champions:
    WKing, Ninja, Immortal, Steelflare, Spartan, RSentinel, GAngel, WPrincess, RKnight, WPrince, SKnight, Dueler, Centurion
    Primes
    Life, Energy, Eternal

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast