Thread: Mining...digging in the dark?

Rhino Keeper

Mining...digging in the dark?

Wondering what techniques (if any) fellow farmers have adopted to win one item or more in the mines!!
    Also, what's your average number of items obtained per tool used?

Farm Supplier
    Hi, I work across and down the mine face in a sort of a grid pattern. I start in whichever corner takes my fancy, or in the middle and work outwards in a spiral. Each strike of the tool is spaced about 4 "hits" or "spaces" away from the previous one in any direction. That way I usually pick up a "near" reading if something is between that strike of the tool and the nearest previous one.

I usually pick up two items per tool, sometimes only one. Occasionally I will get really lucky with three items per tool, and very rarely I will come away empty-handed.

Thanks for asking the question! I'll be really interested to read what other farmers do and what their success rates are.

Good luck! ��
    ID is ArlettesFarm. Level 52. New neighbours always welcome - add me and I'll confirm as soon as I get back online.

Executive Chef
    Unless any one of the first 5 strikes triggers something, I start: middle-middle, top-middle, bottom-middle, middle-right, middle-left. After that, I kind of connect the dots between the top, bottom and either sides with a diagonally-placed strike. Even then, sometimes it doesn't work, so then I target corners.

On most occasions I can get at least 1 item...rarely more than 2, once I think I managed to get 4 (sheer luck). The difficult thing about the mine is that--unlike the truffle forest, where all the truffles are in place from the beginning--once you find an item, although the points that you struck remain, a new item may be placed anywhere...even right next to where it once said "Too Far" or even right next to where you just found an item.

Rhino Keeper
    Hmmm....thanks for your responses ; ArlettesFarm and PookieBear50

I like the fact that in mining (as opposed to truffle forest) the next target 'moves' and the interesting thing for me is where it moves once you have found the first item....

My personal average for mining is 2-3 items won per tool, I rarely get 1 and zero. The most items I have won is 5 (sheer fluke ).
    These results are not inclusive of buying more turns!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by noemata View Post
    Hmmm....thanks for your responses ; ArlettesFarm and PookieBear50

I like the fact that in mining (as opposed to truffle forest) the next target 'moves' and the interesting thing for me is where it moves once you have found the first item....

My personal average for mining is 2-3 items won per tool, I rarely get 1 and zero. The most items I have won is 5 (sheer fluke ).
    These results are not inclusive of buying more turns!!
    Personally, I prefer the Truffle Forest. It makes it a lot less confusing. While it is true that items are static (locked into place) from the beginning, it is still easier than searching all over in the mine and then realizing that it was right next to a former "Too far" spot.

I used to play Dragon Story and they have a mine too. It was ok, but yes is kinda tricky. Therefore I didn?t want to repeat that experience. Now, because I upped a level in the middle of an event, I feel forced to expand to that area in order to complete the candy collection. I?m happy with my little farm, so other event that I?m not finishing

Fashion Designer
    I really like the mine. It's not perfect or that exciting, but on rare occasion, I'll purchase a mine boost pack, and then I really rake it in. For $5 bucks, I get the compass and dynamite, etc., and you really end up with alot if used cleverly. I feel like the mine is like the fishing pond and the train -- you really kind of have to have them in order to progress very far. The pond you need for the common crafting ingredients, and the train you need to earn basic amounts of gems. with the mine, you need it for the silver and iron for sure, and it really helps for the gold, cuz that's rare in the newspaper. I don't have a real strategy with the mining, though. I usually start in a corner and go from there.