Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Quest: Happy Holidays! (December 2015)

I finished and may have used a couple gems, but really it was the mastery spice that saved me. I still had a lot of recipes that I had not earned mastery level 1 on so I got several mastery spices that way and I focused on getting the recipe first. Potatoes were definitely my biggest constraint.

Fashion Designer
    I haven't spent any gems as well, but used lots of mastery spices. My strategy is to plant as much plants as possible, constantly collecting basil and garlic in order to get vanilla during the cruise event. In 10 days I usually able to make at least 10 mastery spices, sometimes even more. So when the quest event comes around I am able to use it if I need to. For example, during Snack Wars quest I didn't use any mastery spices, because the requirements to master things wasn't that bad. So by the Christmas quest event I had around 20 mastery spices and got some more from mastering recipes and from collecting vanilla. I didn't use spice on baked ham recipe because it didn't require any holiday cheer and I had like 7 days left, so during that time I collected vanillas as well:> As for now I already have 15 mastery spices saved up for upcoming events. That being said, I don't really use vanilla for recipes, unless I have lots of mastery spice and don't want more (if I have limited pantry space) :3

Farm Supplier
    I caved in and paid 50 gems to finish the last part of the quest, mastering the ham. I'm level 47, my veggie store is upgraded to 4 and I did spend a lot of time on this quest. I'd feel pretty bad if I walked away with nothing. I spent all my mastery spices on the Snack Wars quest and on mastering the fruitcake, and had very bad luck with vanilla in the garden. I'm gonna take a break from the game now, it's the holiday season and I want to spend my time doing something that actually feels fun. Not sure if I'm up for the cruise, all this nonstop grinding is getting on my nerves.

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone know if we get to keep the snowball cakes or if they disappear when the event finishes
    I welcome neighbour to my games. I play dragon, story, bakery, restaurant, fashion, pet shop, zoo story 2, farm story 2, castle story & pet hotel

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidzen View Post
    Does anyone know if we get to keep the snowball cakes or if they disappear when the event finishes
    The snowball cookies have no timer on them, so they're permanent!

I am among those who had trouble getting snowflakes. I have spent hours and hours and hours and get hardly any. I have had the same problem with vanilla. I plant at least every hour, sometimes every 30 minutes and I have 8 plots, but still not a single vanilla for 7 full days!! Only in the last couple of days I have gotten a few, but it's too late now, I am not close enough to be able to finish even with the help of a few mastery spice. Requiring 10 snowflakes at for each holiday cheer when they are not dropping very often is ridiculous, and on top of that, multiple recipes requiring TWO cheers each! That is a long time invested just to cook it one time, and then they raised the number of times you have to cook each recipe to master it well beyond what the normal numbers are! It's too much, has been very upsetting and definitely not fun like an event should be. I had no trouble with sugar because of how long it would take to get the snowflakes!

Rhino Keeper
    I feel like I climbed Mt Everest. And then climbed back down.

I'm glad I have the recipe and the fireplace but after that intense grind I actually feel like I got nothing.

And here I decided to do the task because I didnt have the gems to do the other goal to get the santa. I thought, "Well, I'll
    At least get a new recipe and the holiday fireplace for xmas decorating." But that goal was too much.
    Sometimes I'd rather just buy the stuff than do these goals. They aren't very fun.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718