Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 12/10 Update - Holiday Workshop EXPIRED

Rhino Keeper
    Look I am really really annoyed and disappointed in TL, was crafting right up to the deadline. The last mystery box only gave me one snowman orb so I thought ok I'll keep it as a souvenir. I carried on playing the game, no refresh or force close, and pressed the expired goal button in my goal book. I then went back to the workshop to put on some craft and found that I miraculously had 2 orbs. So I craft a deco and speed with gems for 4 and guess what..... The one remains item pops out. Frozen fountain . Now I am glad to have it it's a nice piece of game art work but the overwhelming disappointment in coding that would allow this to happen
    "Oh so coincidently" yeah right POOR SHOW TL REALLY POOR SHOW.

Ended up using gems to speed up Old Thomas's house to get one final box, with the intention of speeding up the decoration. Only got 1 orb so no point. Even using gems I stood no chance of getting all of the remaining decorations but I was hoping for one more!

So out of about 40 decorations, I ended up with just THREE unique items. I certainly didn't fail through lack of trying, my poor family think I've abandoned them! I can't believe how much time I invested into this task with such a poor return.

What a flop this task was.

I must admit, I've been considering deleting too. As hard as it is to quit when i've been a level 50 player for so long, there are better things I could be doing with my time this close to Christmas!
    Last edited by nuttynicky; 12-21-15 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Spelling

well, this goal has ended and I am totally irked!!!!!!

this random goal was totally out of whack and my sole purpose for participation was for the 5 tokens since it was all deco again!!!!! spending so many resources for a couple of deco items is getting really old really quick. and then not being able to complete the goal as a level 50 long time player is not right! I did speed up quite a bit but I barely ever had enough orbs to build a box anyway. it was almost impossible to get either of the two bigger gift boxes, so it was always 1 orb at a time. not happy at all!!!!!!! I did finally get 1 frozen item last night before bed but 13 elves, 13 poinsettias, 4 gingerbread houses and 1 frozen deco later I did not complete this annoying goal. I want 5 tokens!!!!!

I'm scared to see what we will get from this fireworks event. if it is all deco I might just throw in the towel and give up on storm8. extremely dissappointed. maybe we can all throw in the towel and then storm8 can build their customer base back up from scratch with a bunch of players that have no idea that there was ever anything more than just decor!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by therealfork; 12-22-15 at 10:11 AM.

New Resident
    There must be a software glitch. Theres no way that S8 in their wisdom would design this type of event with near zero possibility of success.
    The following is my collection:
    21 Elf Gnome's
    18 Potted Poinsettia's
    8 Gingerbread Houses
    4 Skating Ponds
    1 Princess Loreiei Sculptures
    0 Frozen Fountains
    =52

40 % Elf Gnome's
    35 % Potted Poinsettia's
    15 % Gingerbread Houses
    7 % Skating Ponds
    2% Princess Loreiei Sculptures
    0 % Frozen Fountains

In my calculations 52 times, with all the restrictions with respect to ribbons and coins, is a lot of time invested.

Would any of you think that this is note a software glitch?
    What about you Spiritwind00? Any other moderators? This can't be by design can it?
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 12-21-15 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate language

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    The event has now concluded. I'm really sorry for those that didn't get a complete set of decorations. I'll send through feedback to S8 about how disappointed and frustrated this has made lots of players, especially when I have read you have all tried so very hard. I'm sure it's not by design that you haven't got a complete set. I'll raise the random factor again as well.

Feel free to leave feedback, but please don't break the forum rules and swear, even in acronyms. Thanks.....

I remember seeing that this event ended at 6pm PST, which is about 1 hour and 30 minutes from now. The forum now shows 4pm PST. Why did that change? I still don't have the sculpture and the event has now ended. I spoke to someone else who also remembers seeing 6pm PST. This was posted at 6:36pm cst.
    Last edited by JojoMoonflower; 12-21-15 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Time of posting is cst (in my area)

Quote Originally Posted by JojoMoonflower View Post
    I remember seeing that this event ended at 6pm PST, which is about 1 hour and 30 minutes from now. The forum now shows 4pm PST. Why did that change? I still don't have the sculpture and the event has now ended. I spoke to someone else who also remembers seeing 6pm PST. This was posted at 6:36pm cst.
    I'm not sure if I remember ever seeing what time it was actually supposed to end but I love how the offer to buy orbs/coins/wreaths for $4.99 ends an hour AFTER the event! hurry! hurry! there's still 17 minutes to buy this pack for a GOAL THAT HAS ENDED and was nearly (oh you lucky few) impossible to complete!

My results were similar to townnie's. Grand total of 43 pieces of decor, but never once saw a fountain. And I worked right up to the end, spending gems here and there to speed the process. I feel like there never was a real chance to earn the tokens, so why did I just waste all of that energy on items that won't even fit in my crowded little kingdom. And then to be slapped with a steep 250 gem price for a reward that I really feel I should have earned by at least the thirtieth try... Boo-hooing in Bethelvale this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by JojoMoonflower View Post
    Yes, add me to the list of disappointed folks. This morning the timer for the event gave the same time remaining as the treasure chest containing parts to be purchased, which put the end at 6 PM PST, my time zone. I purposely waited until close to the end to purchase add'l parts, in case I got the fountain on my own. No luck on the fountain, so I purchased the parts with the timer on the chest showing 1 hour 30 minutes remaining. After the purchase (with cash!) and speeding up the crafting with gems, I was finally rewarded with the fountain. Imagine my surprise and disappointment after placing the fountain only to find the event already EXPIRED! Hmmm, when, why, and who (obviously TL) changed the timer on the event? That's a dirty trick as I would not have spent gems, not to mention CASH just for a fountain deco. I wanted the 5 coins for completing the event.
    ID: calivali123 Farm: Fanciful Farms

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BungoCook View Post
    Look I am really really annoyed and disappointed in TL, was crafting right up to the deadline. The last mystery box only gave me one snowman orb so I thought ok I'll keep it as a souvenir. I carried on playing the game, no refresh or force close, and pressed the expired goal button in my goal book. I then went back to the workshop to put on some craft and found that I miraculously had 2 orbs. So I craft a deco and speed with gems for 4 and guess what..... The one remains item pops out. Frozen fountain . Now I am glad to have it it's a nice piece of game art work but the overwhelming disappointment in coding that would allow this to happen
    "Oh so coincidently" yeah right POOR SHOW TL REALLY POOR SHOW.
    I was one short, too. And I tried until the timer ran out. It seemed like a pretty pointless quest anyway. I wanted the five tokens but the rest were all just statues. When you compare it to past challenges it wasn't very good.