Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 12/10 Update - Holiday Workshop EXPIRED

Well, that just sucks! I've been playing this game from the beginning and this has to be the WORST one ever. Spent too much time and too many gems trying to get the stupid ice sculpture. I never want to see another elf! In the last ditch effort I actually got 2 skating rinks. Couldn't you have given us at least a chance at achieving the goal? Thanks and merry Christmas to you too! It's getting to be not so fun. Maybe time to try another game.

Executive Chef
    I still have the option to craft gift boxes and mystery gifts in my workshops event though the goal timer expired. Does that mean we can still get a complete set, just not the reward of the troll tokens for it?

As of now my totals are 9 elf gnomes, 8 poinsettias, 3 skating ponds, 1 gingerbread house, 1 Lorelei statue, and 0 fountains. I was perpetually short on bells, which made me short on snowman orbs since I couldn't craft gift boxes.

There's no need to make these timed events impossible. I mean really....even the people who spent gems didn't get the complete set! I agree with the earlier posts that the game is no longer fun due to too many timed events and not enough focus on storyline. I feel the same about most of my S8 games at this point. I spend so much time on events that I can't move ahead and expand/finish other goals/save coins to buy new items/etc. It's becoming very tedious.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Banned
    Most disgusting event ever, where effort was pointless. How is it fair that some players got all six items within 10 crafts and some still can't get it all after 30+ crafts? There really should've been an option to let's say trade 10 elves for the gingerbread house and trade 10 poinsettias for the Lorelei scruplture (I'm still missing these two). Random chance and timed event should NEVER go together. Even gem speeding up was pointless because even doing so wouldn't guarantee getting the right drop (it's like spending money on lottery). Whoever came up with this event idea should be fired right now. Or they should just gift those five troll tokens to everybody who have done the craft over 20 or 30 times or something. This is just ridiculous.

My count:
    19 deadly elves
    10 bloody poinsettias
    5 tripping ponds
    2 poison fountains

Still no gingerbread house (I really wanted this one) and lorelei scripture.
    Last edited by CLOVERKAITO; 12-21-15 at 09:29 PM.

Fashion Designer
    My total: 6 ponds, 8 elves, 11 poinsettias. Yay! NOT! This was a waste of time.

Rhino Keeper
    By far the most disappointing event so far, mainly as this is the first event I have failed. 51 crafts gave me 22 gnomes, 12 potted flowers, 8 skate ponds, 6 gingerbread houses and 3 frozen fountains. No Lorelei.

I also collected along the way 4 snowman, 2 festive gates, 2 pile of gifts, 5 wreath lamp posts, 8 Ivy lamp posts, 4 winter towers, 7 winter walls, 6 festive walls and 1 winter gate from the boxes. All useless junk now in my inventory.

I never buy gems as I never get a sale and refuse to pay full price when others are offered a discount. However, I was happy to "support the games economy" by purchasing values packs from time to time as everyone is offered the same. I purchased 1 pack at 7.99 AUD.

Yes, it was my choice to purchase, however, after 51 crafts without completing the goal, S8, it will now be my choice to never purchase any value packs again.

An absolute joke.

Executive Chef
    Anyone knows how long more the collecting and crafting will go on? I still need the sculpture and statue. Am not too frustrated though, hey I have a bunch of nice decorations without needing to spend gems, and thus event has been a lot more fun than some recent ones, so I won't get hung up on the couple of items I didn't get.

Fashion Designer
    Forgot: 2 gingerbread houses, too. What a deal !

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JojoMoonflower View Post
    I remember seeing that this event ended at 6pm PST, which is about 1 hour and 30 minutes from now. The forum now shows 4pm PST. Why did that change? I still don't have the sculpture and the event has now ended. I spoke to someone else who also remembers seeing 6pm PST. This was posted at 6:36pm cst.
    One thing that is very confusing is the time listed on the forum seems to still be PDT, one hour ahead of PST. I'm in the Pacific zone so it's quite noticeable for me.

Just want to pass along that I find it odd to have a challenge in which you can't win/complete it because you never get the final prize (frozen fountain and the subsequent gold coins). I have a load of elves, piontsettas, snow men, ice ponds, ice sculptures, etc. but I never once received the frozen fountain. The random generator needs a kick... We all know we need the gold coins for that cooking caravan. Foul!

Executive Chef
    Well my crafting ability is gone now so I guess that's it. I did manage to get a souvenir of each type of gift to put by last years Christmas trees though...
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)