Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 12/03 Update - Expansions

Rhino Keeper

Castle Story: 12/03 Update - Expansions

EXpecting lots of guests this seasons? Perhaps a lot of space is needed to contain them all? All throughout the season, people come and go, come and go. Now, if there were more room for them to mingle, perhaps they'd stay a while longer? Definitely, something worth considering!

[==Update will be live starting 12/03 @ noon.==]

Spoiler: show
    I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: EXPAND
    Last edited by sourp4tch; 12-03-15 at 02:01 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Troubleshooting expansions with SpiritWind

To open up a square, you must have a % of royal items on your board, have lanterns, coins and permits. Once these items are given to a particular square, they cannot be 'ungiven'.

If you tick all of the items in an expansion square, you get a big green tick over the land you've opened up.

If it does not open:
    1. Check you had enough royal Points
    2. Force close your game
    3. Check you didn't give the items to another square already.

This is a good explanation: (thank you Queenzod)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Go back to expansion mode and you will see a big green arrow in the area. Tap on that. It didn't used to work like that, but it does now that they've changed something. Once you pay/give everything, it kicks you out of expansion mode.
    Need help? You can post in the Bugs thread if you've tried the above and the land still hasn't opened up. Make sure you say which square you're having trouble with.

Post in this Bugs Forum thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....46#post1217946

Post 4 below has the map.

Thanks,
    SW
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 12-05-15 at 05:48 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Awesome!

I already had enough expansion permits made from last time but I am refraining from fully expanding until I replace those in my inventory.

If I remember from previous expansions, it seems to me that the cost per expansion is less this time around. Can someone confirm? This would be a big help to many.

So far, in the four blocks I have cleared, there have been no valuable finds, but I just need the space and not the great finds, so this is fine with me.

Thanks S8!

Nightclub Owner
    The new update is with expansions. So let your coins roll, lantern shine, and expansion permits fly (or make a huge dent into your trade ticket stock).

New plots:
    Code:
    X   Y  Coord     RP    Lanterns  Coins  Permits 
    B   6    B6    3,300    20     310,000     1 
    N   8    N8    3,000    19     350,000     1 
    B   9    B9    3,300    24     310,000     3 
    D  11   D11    3,800    18     520,000     3 
    E  11   D11    3,300    24     310,000     3 
    J  11   J11    2,500    23     250,000     3
    For this session you will need:
    Code:
    Royal Point:   3,800
    Lanterns:        128
    Coins:     2,050,000
    Permits:          14
    That converts to 420 trade tickets.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    EXpecting lots of guests this seasons? Perhaps a lot of space is needed to contain them all? All throughout the season, people come and go, come and go. Now, if there were more room for them to mingle, perhaps they'd stay a while longer? Definitely, something worth considering!

[==Update will be live starting 12/03 @ noon.==]

Spoiler: show
    I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: EXPAND

Well, 12:03 noon has come and gone for me and no update. Nothing about this whatsoever. I looked under my settings and forced it closed. Does anyone else have this yet?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by rulerofjennyville View Post
    Well, 12:03 noon has come and gone for me and no update. Nothing about this whatsoever. I looked under my settings and forced it closed. Does anyone else have this yet?
    See my post!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    See my post!
    I see it but I don't see any new expansions in my park

Quote Originally Posted by rulerofjennyville View Post
    I see it but I don't see any new expansions in my park
    go to the market and click on expand. I had to go there to see them.

I know everyone always seems to be begging for expansions, but I was really really looking forward to a fun goal oriented update. Last week's update was great, but it only took 2 days to complete.... oh well, maybe next week!

Quote Originally Posted by carebear0211 View Post
    I know everyone always seems to be begging for expansions, but I was really really looking forward to a fun goal oriented update. Last week's update was great, but it only took 2 days to complete.... oh well, maybe next week!
    I think our turn will come... The winter upgrade talked about "Eight new exclusive items for your kingdom" - I'm hoping that will include some useful building and am guessing they won't all be 1x1 sized! I still have room to expand and am slowly trading away to get those expansion tickets but some of our friends have no more room on their boards and no open plots for expansion, so will need the chance to open up some space before getting anything new!
    Consider this S8's gift to the rest of us... a week free of timed quests/events to stock up on all the basics, have our buildings ready for collecting/crafting/adventuring and crops ready to harvest for whatever comes next week!
    I'm happy to be neighbors, but don't send an invite to this ID as it's my backup game. Let me know and I can invite you to my main game (with kingdom name Timewaster)

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast