Thread: Is it worth it to upgrade to a Grand farm?....

Rhino Keeper

Is it worth it to upgrade to a Grand farm?....

Just wanted to get some thoughts on the advantages.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW60 View Post
    Just wanted to get some thoughts on the advantages.
    There are two issues in upgrading to Grand Farm, price and space.

Price isn't just the cost of the farm itself. The food you can grow is expensive. However, they are also the most efficient food for time crops. If you have plenty of coins and want to level up your animals or stockpile food for events like Storybook, then yes, Grand Farms are for you.

The other issue is space. A Grand Farm takes the space of 4 of the smallest farms. If space is an issue for you then maybe the Grand Farm is not for you.

Edited to add that I believe the game pushes (through goals) new players to get higher level farms too quickly. That goal line won't go away so take your time with it.
    Last edited by MaribouMay; 12-10-15 at 10:34 AM.
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Executive Chef
    Food used to be a HUGE struggle with me, I posted a thread awhile back asking for advice, at the time I had 6 Big Farms. Several players recommended planting charm cherries and nexus nuts when I could based on coin earnings. You really have to earn enough coins because they are expensive. I upgraded my farms 1 at a time strictly planting charm cherries and nexus nuts on the grand farms. I started having enough food to feed animals as I wanted and not just feed what I had enough food for. Over a couple weeks I eventually upgraded all my farms. Now I only plant charm cherries or nexus nuts, except during world events when I plant rune prunes and my food supply is no longer an issue (I finished the storybook and still have over 200,000 food left). Was it worth it to me, yes. But again you have to make sure you earn enough coins. I will try to find the old thread and post the link because other players broke it down to exactly how many coins you should be earning each hour to support planting the more expensive crops.
    Space is not yet a problem for me but I know many others are maxed out, if you are in that position you really need to consider what MaribouMay said.
    Last edited by sweetdeda; 12-10-15 at 04:41 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdeda View Post
    But again you have to make sure you earn enough coins. I will try to find the old thread and post the link because other players broke it down to exactly how many coins you should be earning each hour to support planting the more expensive crops.
    Easy enough, for doing back to back Charm Cherries planting you'd need 6 x 26,000 coins = 156,000 coins per hour.
    In reality you can get away with a slightly lower amount, as you'll be spending a bit less during the night.
    I used to keep a pretty close tab on my hourly earning rate and as of recently the forest finally started to make enough in order to do such back to back growing without dropping in coins. The forest made around 125K per hour then.
    After that moment I got a few more gem animals which REALLY helps to boost the hourly coinage. So, when your forest makes around that order magnitude of coins per hour (and you actually collect them often enough!) you'll be making more money than you can spend. :P

Executive Chef
    Thinking about it now I've had 6 grand farms for months, I don't know how I ever managed to feed animals with them! Once I had the coins, I started planting nexus nuts back to back day in and day out. Sure they're expensive, but the food per hour ratio is far better than the standard crops.
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Executive Chef
    IMO it is worth it. The food output is far superior (but you have to be able to afford to plant them, of course).
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.