Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romance in Dragon Land

Executive Chef

Romance in Dragon Land

It was, I thought, a peaceful evening. Starlight, Nightlight and Blue Moon were off doing what nocturnal dragons do. Glitter, Dark Phoenix and Dark Crystal were polishing their shiny bits. Night Imp, Sweet Tooth and Coral were happily comparing their lack of legs.

I settled down in my comfy Caretaker Cottage (newly refurbished, you know) for a quiet glass of dragon island cider.

Suddenly there were flames licking the door. Always a sign of trouble. These were BIG flames, so I assumed it had to be some of the senior boys.

Now, you see, Shadow has been dating Fireflower for at least the last six weeks. However, it has now come to light that Banshee has, in Shadow's opinion, been paying a little too much attention to the attractive young lady. Furthermore, Shadow's argument is the Glitter is a much more appropriate match for Banshee. The blue type in common, don't you know.

"Well, gentlemen", I suggest gently, "The decision really isn't yours to make, you know - this is up to Fireflower. If she is concerned, I am sure she will come and see me and so far, she hasn't".

Banshee tossed his long, unruly hair nonchalantly. "Firey and I are just good friends, Shadow - are you suggesting she can't have ANY male friends other than you? That's hardly an adult attitude and you are Epic now, you know!"

If it were possible, Shadow's complexion seemed even darker than normal. "I don't believe your intentions are as honourable as you make out, Banshee. Friends don't drop by unannounced at 10 pm at night."

Good grief, I thought to myself, I could get seriously singed furniture here in a minute.

"Gentlemen, how about we take this discussion outside, just to be safe. Flames and my decor are not a good mix."

We wandered out into the backyard, where only the odd Rushroom plant might suffer any sudden flame throwing. I'd grabbed my fire suit on the way out, just as a precaution. The guys would never intentionally hurt me, but flames are flames, after all.

I was rather puzzled as dragons don't usually partner for life, just a single breeding season. There are exceptions, but they are in the minority.

What, I wondered, was Fireflower's take on all this? Was she even aware there was this friction going on and if she was, what would her reaction be? Possessiveness is never a good trait, or was Shadow merely being protective? Banshee is a rather flamboyant character, after all, freshly released from some curse or other, so he is assimilating back into normal (whatever that is) dragon society. Maybe he is overstepping the mark a little.

I really wanted to avoid any duels at dawn for the fair maiden. Both looked fully recovered from the recent tournament, but one or other could still be weakened.

In the end, I sent them both on their way, promising I would speak to Fireflower myself to determine if she was at all concerned. In the meantime, they had to promise to remain civil to each other and no sky battles above the island!

Banshee looked a little too smug with the outcome to me.

They took off in different directions and I took a stroll down the hill to see General Crusader. He needed to be aware of any looming disturbances.

Little did I know General Crusader had also thrown his hat in the ring for Fireflower. This was becoming a little too much like "Days of Our Lives". Perhaps I needed to ban human realm TV from the island for a while.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 12-09-15 at 05:28 PM.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    You're good! Nice (and humorous) take on the different dragon personalities, am enjoying reading these! Keep it up, you have an awesome imagination and really boss writing s****s. Thankyou for the giggle

Fashion Designer
    It sure looks like Lady Fireflower goes for the dark and brooding type...
    Moon and Watermelon are a strange pair but they have quite a stable relationship in my island. In fact, they're in the breeding den almost constantly. Whenever they're not I can always hear the other dragons shouting at them to get a room!

Fashion Designer
    ::gasp:: Scandal! LOL

That Fireflower is a cutie. I can see why they would fight over her.

I feel fortunate my island is a "Castle" & we just throw fun parties all the time (mainly to celebrate special long awaited dragon hatchings, or with desserts, or sometimes "just because"). Usually if my dragons aren't battling (and recuperating), they're partying!

Of course, as a caretaker I am astutely aware of who the close friends are, but there aren't many "couples" so so far there hasn't been any fighting.

I understand how soap operas can be very addictive! Yes, you may want to be careful...lol

Fun story, DeeDe99.
    Last edited by blackeneddove; 12-09-15 at 07:13 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Haha love it. As soon as I save the title and author I dove in this thread for a chuckle hee hee!

Executive Chef
    Thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed. I'll try and think of something once a week or so, as requested!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed. I'll try and think of something once a week or so, as requested!
    Now we want to know what happened with Fireflower and her suitors! Your stories are great!
    Feel free to add me on Dragon Story!
    [I don't visit often but I always answer requests]

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyn25 View Post
    Now we want to know what happened with Fireflower and her suitors! Your stories are great!
    Yes! This saga needs completion! Why was banshee smug? (what's the rascal up to?) does Shadow get the results he wants? Is Fireflower aware of what's going on? (C'mon, she HAS to know) Are there anymore couples? The suspense is real!

Executive Chef
    Original touch , well written and fun... More please maybe adding where the black diamond hybrids hide and how to encourage them out
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Rhino Keeper
    The "human TV shows" in the end is pretty amusing. Overall an enjoyable story And this is gonna be continue no? It feels like a cliff-hanger.

There's just 1 thing that bug me is that Banshee is a "he" here... cause the word 'banshee' (and even the dragon itself as mentioned from the Tales back then) is female in meaning already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast