Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have Cake Maker - Don't Do What I Did!

Rhino Keeper

Have Cake Maker - Don't Do What I Did!

Liam's Birthday 1/4 - Liam deserves a special cake for his birthday. To make a special cake though I'll need to get a special Cake Maker!

So of course, the first thing you must do is Have a Cake Maker. You click on the little Go button to see what small fortune this will cost and you are presented with 2 Cake Makers. One for the bargain basement price of 390,000 coins (!), and one for 75 gems. I have a small pile of gems I've been saving for random events so figured since I'm still trying to save coins for expansion, and coconut, and coconut vanilla latte, and whatever other confectionary challenges are about to be thrown my way that I would suck it up and toss some gems into the game to get the Cake Maker.

Great. Got it. Done.

But Nooooooooooooo...... After spending 75 gems on the Cake Maker, I still cannot complete step one of the goal until I spend 390,000 coins on the cake maker you have to buy with the coins!!!!!

Not Cool, Team Lava. Not Cool at all.

In fact it's just downright, in your face, insulting.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the info, good to know!
    How did you get gems in this game. All mine they gave me to get started got stolen on gem traps until I got used to the game. But, I can't get any gems. All other games I watch videos or play other games to get gems, but nothing in this game. I have 4 gems and I get lucky once a week and get 1 gem or so from sending orders.

Rhino Keeper
    I bought a pack of gems with an iTunes gift card I got for my birthday.

Yikes! I almost did that with the blender cause it took me FOREVER to save for it since I had just expanded. That's some b.s.

Executive Chef
    That stinks. I too bought gems when the game first started. A little starter packet on android with a chocolate fountain. Right now there is one for $9.99 with 275 gems, and three of those wooden tables we get for deliveries. I won't bother. Every week there is a sale that lasts for about a week. I don't like the game that much to keep getting gems.

I haven't bought any gem appliances yet because I don't have much space and easily make money from making the high coin items. But yeah, thanks for the heads up! These goals are annoying me. Butter is my weakness in real life and this game. I don't have enough! And being at level 17 now everything needs butter.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for warning us all hushkat
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

I am so tempted to buy the value pack going on right now. I desperately need shelves. I just used 8 gems to upgrade my pantry to 100 because I've had 2/3 shelves and 6/3 jars for 3 levels now. But pantry is still filling up quickly since I have 12 thank you notes, 12 blue prints, 6 coupons, 6 bricks, 5 shopping baskets, and 3 jars. My to go orders keep giving me blue prints and bricks since I refuse to expand at the moment because I need to open the bazaar and unlock vanilla and pay to learn the new recipe. Of course it won't give me one more basket so I can increase my stock from the fruit stand. Then I wouldn't have to hoard apples and cherries so much. I also hoard butter and coffee.

Fashion Designer
    I think they may have just fixed this issue. I also bought the cake maker for gems, but after logging in a few hours ago this goal completed & took me to the next step. Glad they fixed it!

This task will complete by purchasing either the Designer Cake Maker or regular Cake Maker now, thanks!
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    This task will complete by purchasing either the Designer Cake Maker or regular Cake Maker now, thanks!
    Any chance I can return one of the cakemakers and get my gems or coins back since I was forced to purchase both?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast