Thread: Setting priorities and sticking with them.......

Rhino Keeper

Setting priorities and sticking with them.......

Seems to be the best course of action in this game.

I'm on level 22 so I am still in the fairly early stages. I've set a plan and am trying to stay the course.

Right now my goals are:

1. Simply trying to acquire animals that I don't have.
    2. Expanding my forest.
    3. Acquiring and upgrading habitats.

Right now there is a lot going on with the storybook and the tournament so it's easy to allow yourself to be spread too thin.
    At this point I'm not very prepared to do well in the tournaments. I only have one epic level animal....Panda...which I raised to that level more or less out of curiosity. The rest of my animals are at various levels mainly in the 7-10 range. So as I said I'm not very prepared to do well in the tournaments. I figure I'll focus more on them a bit later. I've played around with them some but not in s serious nature. Don't see myself winning any at this point.

You really can't allow yourself to be trying to do too much at one time in this game else you won't get a lot done. Rather you have to focus on one or two things at a time.

Any advice anyone can give to somewhat of a newbie?

Fashion Designer
    I think you're on the right track.

This game can certainly be overwhelming at times, and keeping focused on your own goals helps a lot.

Expanding:
    Expanding is important and it can take a long time to gather the runes needed (especially with later expansions that cost 70+). A mistake I made at first was letting bombs from breeding go to waste. I never realized there was a limit of 15 in your storage for a while and I know I lost out on a lot of them due to this.

Also, some people stop expanding to save up the 5 million or 10 million for the Hareon or Treent expansions, but I would advise against this. I think it's better to keep expanding into cheaper spots as soon as you have the runes and fill those spots with habitats that will help generate coins faster for you. If you keep doing this then you will have an easier time affording those more expensive expansions later on.

Breeding:
    I have a personal priority list that I go by when deciding what to breed:

1. Is there a storybook or goal-line animal required? If so, I make that a priority.

If there isn't, then...
    2. Is there currently a limited animal? If so, I make this a priority and breed those elements together.

If there isn't, then...
    3. Do I want a Crystal Unicorn? If so, I make sure to breed 4 different elements together. But which 4 elements to use? I would go through my album and see which element combinations I need the most.

If I already HAVE a Crystal Unicorn and I don't need or want another one, then...
    4. I go through my album and decide which animal I'd like to try for. Then I breed the 2 elements that animal needs with a Crystal Unicorn. This is so I have a chance at possibly getting a gemstone hybrid.

Other then that, I always try to keep an extra level 1 'baby' of most common and rare animals just in case I need them for feeding for a storybook or goal.

Tournaments:
    When I first started out I never won tournaments without spending gems because I didn't have any level 15 super-rares. I had focused on feeding animals that required less food (commons) and therefore didn't have very good fighters.

If I could go back and start again from the beginning I wouldn't bother feeding anything that wasn't super-rare past level 7-10; their coin income doesn't increase that much past that level and they're just not that great in tournaments. I would focus on a couple super-rare animals that have some useful elements that seem to be consistently strong in tournaments, like fire, earth, nature and water. Other elements are useful too, but I have found those 4 to generally be my most diverse and useful.

I went with initially focusing on the following super-rare combos: Earth/Nature, Earth/Fire, and Earth/Water. They did very well for me in tournaments and I started actually winning them. After those I raised some Electric/Dark and Electric/Earth super-rares and pretty much had my bases covered and did well without having any gemstone, treasure or other special single-element animals for tournaments.

Anyway, these have been my personal priorities with this game. Hope it helps.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)