Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion won't open - post here if you're having issues... SW

It looks like most of you have been able to expand to the area where you experienced the sync error. Did the expansion eventually complete for you after force closing a few times? Or did you have to collect all the parts for the expansion again?
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

It happened to me twice (both in the lower left section, sorry I can't really follow the map to name the exact spots). With the first expansion, when I was on the "expand" view, it looked like the expansion had happened (you could see actual trees and stones), but when you went back to the regular view, it looked like any other unexpanded section of the map. I force closed several times and nothing changed. At some point later, it resolved somehow and that section appeared "expanded" in the regular view. I was able to move the trees and rocks around and chop, etc. Then I tapped on all the requirements for another expansion (and yes, I have enough royal points), the green check showed up, but when I tapped on it, the expansion disappeared. I had lost the lanterns/expansion tickets, etc., and it now does not appear as a possible expansion at all (and it definitely hasn't opened up). I force closed several times and it has been a few days and no changes. I have one more expansion. I've already given the coins and lanterns but don't dare to do anything else with it.

New Resident
    I am having the same problem with J 11. I lost 3 permits and 23 lanterns. I got the check to open the expansion and the game restarted. The expansion is not there. Other expansions were OK.

Same happened to me for B6. Please fix ASAP. Thanks.

Rhino Keeper
    N8 dissapeared for me too!
    Got the green arrow, clicked it and went on to do other things.
    Came back to it to clean the plot and it was not possible

Host(ess)
    I have enough royal points (over 8400) and the same thing happened to me with B6. It is now unexpandable and my permit/lantern/coins are gone from my inventory. Really not fun
    I sure hope they get this fixed soon.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Keep force closing your games and visit a neighbour to sync with the servers.

This is an extract of the original post I made in discussions.

Troubleshooting expansions with SpiritWind

To open up a square, you must have a % of royal items on your board, have lanterns, coins and permits. Once these items are given to a particular square, they cannot be 'ungiven'.

If you tick all of the items in an expansion square, you get a big green tick over the land you've opened up.

If it does not open:
    1. Check you had enough royal Points
    2. Force close your game
    3. Check you didn't give the items to another square already.

This is a good explanation: (thank you Queenzod)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Go back to expansion mode and you will see a big green arrow in the area. Tap on that. It didn't used to work like that, but it does now that they've changed something. Once you pay/give everything, it kicks you out of expansion mode.
    Make sure you say which square you're having trouble with.

Thanks,
    SW

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    It looks like most of you have been able to expand to the area where you experienced the sync error. Did the expansion eventually complete for you after force closing a few times? Or did you have to collect all the parts for the expansion again?
    I have yet to be able to expand where I lost both squares. I refuse to expand to N8 until I get the other two back. I've forced closed, restarted my phone, went to neighbor kingdoms that might have them expanded and nothing the two squares still won't show up as the option to expand when in expansion mode. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nickiz09 View Post
    I have yet to be able to expand where I lost both squares. I refuse to expand to N8 until I get the other two back. I've forced closed, restarted my phone, went to neighbor kingdoms that might have them expanded and nothing the two squares still won't show up as the option to expand when in expansion mode. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    Did the same actions and nothing! I lost N8 and there is no option to expand anymore.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Keep force closing your games and visit a neighbour to sync with the servers.

This is an extract of the original post I made in discussions.
    Hi SW,
    I did the troubleshooting but nothing changed. I don't have the option to expand N8 anymore.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast