Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: How to collect Gold Dragons (all possible combinations)

Nightclub Owner
    Ever since learning the timing for double dragon habitats (every 2h:24m), I collect at 8:00 AM (usually holding 3 or 4 bars from sleep time) and then get back to collect 1 every 2 hours & 24 minutes (give or take a minute or two)
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

I have a L9 Midas, and according to the chart, if I collect at 1 Day + 6 Hours, I should get 5 gold. The last two times I've done that (at L7 and L9, and 1 Day + 7ish Hours), I've only collected 4 gold. Am I missing something?

Executive Chef
    Can someone please clear up a mystery, I started playing a few months ago. In the Market, it states all the Gold-type dragons only give 1 gold a day. So I haven't been interested in collecting any, since it would take almost 4 years just to get my investment back. How is it you folks here are getting 4-5 golds daily per dragon? Did you all get them years ago?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Can someone please clear up a mystery, I started playing a few months ago. In the Market, it states all the Gold-type dragons only give 1 gold a day. So I haven't been interested in collecting any, since it would take almost 4 years just to get my investment back. How is it you folks here are getting 4-5 golds daily per dragon? Did you all get them years ago?
    The amount of gold you get from them increases with their level:

Level 1 - Level 3 = 1 gold per day
    Level 4 - Level 6 = 2 gold per day
    Level 7 - Level 9 = 4 gold per day
    Level 10 - Level 15 = 5 gold per day

Some tips to keep in mind:

There are 12 gold producing dragons (as I call them GPDs) but you can only have 6 habitats
    Each habitat only holds 5 gold maximum so you have to collect at least 2 times a day to get the full 10 per day
    There's no real value in leveling them above 10 since that's when they hit their max for gold production
    GPD's produce 1 bar roughly every 2 1/2 hours

I have all 12 and they were the very best investment I ever made in the game
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

New Resident
    Will there be a sale any time soon on gold producing dragons?

FYI, I just noticed that, because of the new Gold Horizon Dragon, S8 raised the limits and now we can have 7 Gold Terraces, to fit all the 13 GPD dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by No1Yaya View Post
    Will there be a sale any time soon on gold producing dragons?
    Don't expect any official announcement. Usually, we have sales on special days, like Cyber Monday and we know about them when they start.

Fashion Designer
    Awesome job, @mylord7! This'll surely help a lot of players!

Just a helpful hint (well, that has helped me anyways!)... I keep a non-gold producing habitat in the vicinity of my gold producing habitats. Whenever I collect from my habitats, I change the name of one of my dragons in the nearby habitat to reflect that time. So, if I collected my gold at 9am on Monday, that dragons name would then be "Mon @ 0900"... 12 hours later when I collected again, his name would then change to "Mon @ 2101" and so on... Makes it very easy to keep track of whether I should actually collect my gold or not!
    As of September 30th, 2017:

Level 198
    $1,067,000,000+ coins
    870,000+ food
    291 neighbors
    17,893 Gold (all earned, none bought!)
    561 unique dragons, to include:
    52 Champion dragons
    11 out of 13 Gold dragons
    8 Diamond dragons
    206/235 habitats filled

Fashion Designer
    I'm confused by this. The two dragon parts. So the first post says

"When we have 2 Gold Dragons in the Treasure Terrace and:

a) Both the Gold Dragons are on Level 1 - Level 3, then produce 1 Gold every 12 Hours (2 Gold per day), which means:

12.00' (1/2 Day) = 1G
    24.00' (1 Day) = 2G
    36.00' (1 1/2 Days) = 3G
    48.00' (2 Days) = 4G
    60.00' (2 1/2 Days) = 5G
    72.00' (3 Days) = 5G [Because of the habitat's Maximum Limit]"

And I don't understand how that works. If a level 1-3 dragon gives one gold every 24 hours, then shouldn't there be no gold there until 24 hours, just like when there is one dragon in there? Then at 24 hours 2 should appear? Why does the habitat even it out, instead of taking each dragon individually?
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    I'm confused by this. The two dragon parts. So the first post says

"When we have 2 Gold Dragons in the Treasure Terrace and:

a) Both the Gold Dragons are on Level 1 - Level 3, then produce 1 Gold every 12 Hours (2 Gold per day), which means:

12.00' (1/2 Day) = 1G
    24.00' (1 Day) = 2G
    36.00' (1 1/2 Days) = 3G
    48.00' (2 Days) = 4G
    60.00' (2 1/2 Days) = 5G
    72.00' (3 Days) = 5G [Because of the habitat's Maximum Limit]"

And I don't understand how that works. If a level 1-3 dragon gives one gold every 24 hours, then shouldn't there be no gold there until 24 hours, just like when there is one dragon in there? Then at 24 hours 2 should appear? Why does the habitat even it out, instead of taking each dragon individually?
    The answer is very simple.
    A level 1-3 Dragon gives 1 Gold every 24 hours, which means 1/2 Gold every 12 hours, but the habitat never stores fractional bars of Gold and we collect the Gold in integral form.
    So, when there is only one level 1-3 Dragon in the habitat you will always collect 1 Gold every 24 hours.
    But, when there are two level 1-3 Dragons in the habitat, every 12 hours you will have 1/2 Gold from each one of them, which means 1 Gold per total to collect!
    I hope this makes it clear to you

Quote Originally Posted by hoffm1179 View Post
    Just a helpful hint (well, that has helped me anyways!)... I keep a non-gold producing habitat in the vicinity of my gold producing habitats. Whenever I collect from my habitats, I change the name of one of my dragons in the nearby habitat to reflect that time. So, if I collected my gold at 9am on Monday, that dragons name would then be "Mon @ 0900"... 12 hours later when I collected again, his name would then change to "Mon @ 2101" and so on... Makes it very easy to keep track of whether I should actually collect my gold or not!
    Indeed, very helpful hint. Thank you for sharing with us

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast