Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How to collect Gold Dragons (all possible combinations)

Executive Chef
    No, I left the level 6 dragon and only collected after 24 hours, so there would be 2 gold bars. So Cartographer I left for 48 hours, NorthStar for 24. Does that make sense?

I have edited the other post to make it clearer.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 12-20-15 at 03:08 PM.

Now, i hear you loud and clear!

Host(ess)
    Hi again,
    Sorry, Mylord7, I was wrong. My epic white gold (alone in TT) shows collect icon on 2nd Gold bar My other TT (with midas7 & stainglass7) shows collect icon on 4th Gold bar (like DeeDe99) I collect 4 bars at 1:00 am then 1:00pm exact.

Thans for the correction

So, the conclusion until now:
    1) When we have 1 Dragon in the habitat:
    The Collect Icon appears every time the second gold drops in the habitat
    2) When we have 2 Dragons in the habitat there are 2 proven theories until now:
    a. The Collect Icon appears every time the second gold drops in the habitat (?general norm? - i am not sure anymore and it's needed confirmation)
    b. The Collect Icon appears every time the fourth gold drops in the habitat (2 golds from each dragon) [DeeDe99's, fimofa's and mylord7' scenario]

By the way, i made some tests on my second account where i have 2 Dragons in one TT.
    The first dragon was already on Level 10 and i was testing during the evolution of the second dragon, in combinations 10 + 3 levels, 10 + 6 Levels, 10 + 9 Levels and 10 + 10 Levels.
    All the time the Collection Icon appeared when the second gold bar was dropping in the habitat.
    So, perhaps it works in your way, on fourth gold bar, when both of the dragons are on lower level than the 10th
    Last edited by mylord7; 12-28-15 at 10:08 AM.

Executive Chef
    Maybe, MyLord7. I am not planing on taking any of mine to level 10 in the immediate future, but then I can also be relied upon to change my mind on a whim! My plan was to acquire more TTs so they could be on individual habitats and I could reduce my collection to once per day, however I might take NorthStar up to 10 as that dragon is already alone. Mind you, that wouldn't tell us anything as I wouldn't expect the icon timing to change from the current for that single dragon - it is the TTs with two dragons we are interested in -although I could swap them around for a day just to test.

Maybe in a week, I will do this. At the moment, I am building a food bank, plus I popped Infinity in the Evolution Temple this morning so it won't be free for a while!

I came back to correct myself. On my second account, where i have the 2 level 10 Dragons in one habitat, the Collect Icon appears with the fourth gold bar in the habitat, exactly after 09.36'.
    Perhaps, during the evolution time it wasn't the perfect period for tests and it was needed more time in between the evolutions for the collection to be stable and clear.
    So, i start to believe that the fourth gold bar, when we have two gold dragons in one habitat, is the general norm and there is no Collect Icon after the second gold bar in this situation.

Executive Chef
    So we all agree now it seems? That is good.

It is still a departure from the coin habitats, which display a Collect icon at 30% of the unboosted coin capacity. 4 gold bars is not 30% of 5.

This may be a hangover from when the habitats held 10 gold bars or 1 dragon or whatever the various variations were. 30% of 5 is 1.5 bars, which wouldn't work at all. 2 bars is 40% of 5, so it seems it is per dragon, perhaps. With 1 dragon on a habitat, I can see 40% being selected by the developers as a workable replacement value for the standard 30%.

It works for me, I'm happy!

I think you should take them to level 10 to get the full 5 gold per day. I have two level 10 dragons per habitat and 1 level 10 in another by himself. With this method I get a full 5 gold per day per dragon.

Here's what I do: I collect in the morning, say at 6 AM from all dragons in all habitats. Then, I set a timer on my phone for 12 hours. Let's say by the time I collected and set the timer, it was 6:02 AM. My timer will go off at 6:02 PM. I'll collect ONLY from those dragons that are sharing a habitat (2 to a terrace). The single dragon is not collected from at this time. I set my timer again when done. Say it was 6:04 PM. My timer goes off the next morning at 6:04, I collect from ALL dragons in all habitats. Following this schedule, I get 5 gold per double-occupied habit at each collection period (2x day) and I get 5 gold from the single-occupied habitat during the morning collection period (1x day). This has worked really well for me for months.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    It is still a departure from the coin habitats, which display a Collect icon at 30% of the unboosted coin capacity. 4 gold bars is not 30% of 5.

This may be a hangover from when the habitats held 10 gold bars or 1 dragon or whatever the various variations were. 30% of 5 is 1.5 bars, which wouldn't work at all. 2 bars is 40% of 5, so it seems it is per dragon, perhaps. With 1 dragon on a habitat, I can see 40% being selected by the developers as a workable replacement value for the standard 30%.

It works for me, I'm happy!
    Why are you thinking so complicated? The things are pretty clear for me now.
    Of course it is per dragon and the Collect Icon appears when a dragon produces 2 gold bars.
    It has nothing to do with percentage or anything else.
    Keep in mind that when we have 2 dragons in a habitat, we don't collect gold bars only in even numbers (2,4) but also in odd numbers (1,3,5).
    So, this means that every dragon produces 1/2 of the gold bar in every scheduled time.
    To make it clear, when for example we have to collect 1 gold bar, this means that every dragon has produced 1/2 gold bar, because it can't be produced 1 gold bar from the one dragon and nothing from the other dragon.
    The same happens with the 3 gold bars, when every dragon has produced 1 1/2 gold bar, because it can't be produced 1 gold bar from the one dragon and 2 gold bars from the other dragon etc.
    This way, the Collect Icon appears on the 4th gold bar, because at that time each dragon has produced 2 gold bars, which obviously is the general rule for the Gold Terraces.
    Quote Originally Posted by bythebeach1105 View Post
    I think you should take them to level 10 to get the full 5 gold per day. I have two level 10 dragons per habitat and 1 level 10 in another by himself. With this method I get a full 5 gold per day per dragon.

Here's what I do: I collect in the morning, say at 6 AM from all dragons in all habitats. Then, I set a timer on my phone for 12 hours. Let's say by the time I collected and set the timer, it was 6:02 AM. My timer will go off at 6:02 PM. I'll collect ONLY from those dragons that are sharing a habitat (2 to a terrace). The single dragon is not collected from at this time. I set my timer again when done. Say it was 6:04 PM. My timer goes off the next morning at 6:04, I collect from ALL dragons in all habitats. Following this schedule, I get 5 gold per double-occupied habit at each collection period (2x day) and I get 5 gold from the single-occupied habitat during the morning collection period (1x day). This has worked really well for me for months.
    This is the ideal scenario for everyone which can afford to evolve all the Gold Dragons to epic level

Executive Chef
    I thought it was pretty simple really, not at all complicated! But I am a CPA, we think like that! I'm also IT, so naturally I was comparing the business rules!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast