Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: ONE Habitat or THREE?? What would you do? Suggestions/Opinions needed

  1. #1
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Why Is It Always So Melty Here??, USA
    Posts
    670

    ONE Habitat or THREE?? What would you do? Suggestions/Opinions needed

    Ok, I thought I would see if I could get some advice.

    I've been eyeing the Ballroom habitat for a week now, but it just dawned on me: I have just enough gold to buy THREE smaller habitats (which hold 3 dragons each) or ONE habitat that holds 4 dragons.

    Kinda seems like a no-brainer to buy 3 habitats instead of one, but I'm torn. (I'm a Big fan of Beauty & the Beast )

    What would you do? Any advice/suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by blackeneddove; 11-30-15 at 03:58 PM.
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

    Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)


    Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

  2. #2
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    239
    If u are level 140 you will soon get to the point where u may be short on space or habitats. I would buy the 4 dragon one and buy smaller ones with coins for now. Once u reach level 175 and up you will be glad to have that extra room.

  3. #3
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Why Is It Always So Melty Here??, USA
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by mayday2001 View Post
    If u are level 140 you will soon get to the point where u may be short on space or habitats. I would buy the 4 dragon one and buy smaller ones with coins for now. Once u reach level 175 and up you will be glad to have that extra room.
    Thanks for the suggestion! That is a good point you've made.

  4. #4
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    182
    I do not think I am giving opinion since I am pretty new only lvl50+ but I just say what if it was me

    I would just go for design first this is the most important for me ... Because it will never grow old or bored for a Long time but that is me...

    Take winter lily for example... I love the dragon a lot although it is just rare... Ice queen is Super rare n limited n only 300gold.... I like ice queen but I love winter lily... If winter lily is limited n at 300gold, during the last day of breeding if I cannot get I would just purchase it for 300gold if by any means if it is worth it or affordable to me. ( do remember if I am patience I can wait for it to launch again or maybe it is availed in future as a spinning wheel prize)

    Habitats since it is always available... But it is just a matter of you get it now for 250gold or 500gold in future or just wait for another sale again in future

    Hope that helps

  5. #5
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,130
    I know that feeling - I was debating about buying a second or two smaller ones. I've set up a Dragon Tales area on my island and put all the Dragon Tales (that I have done) habitats and dragons together. I'm into themes - I have Mr & Mr Lotus together, the Starlight, Nightlight and Blue Moon together etc etc

    Anyway, I'd say if you are a big Beauty and the Beast fan, buy the habitat. It might not come back, at least not for a long time, and you will regret that you didn't get it.

    If you just need habitat space, I'm with Mayday - buy the cheap coin ones as a temporary solution, but spend gold on habitats you REALLY want and like.

  6. #6
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Why Is It Always So Melty Here??, USA
    Posts
    670
    Thanks so much for the suggestions & time you took to reply to me! I really appreciate it.

    DeeDe99 - I'm into themes, too. I once had 5 justice dragons from a bout of trying to breed unicorn & I decided to keep them all & name them after members of the Justice League. lol That is... until I needed space & had to sell some.

    I'm not quite at the running-out-of-space-stage yet, but I do feel like I don't have enough room just because expanding takes forever.

    I will probably just get the ballroom habitat, even if I can't finish the tales (which will make me sad). Actually, I may wait to see if I finish, then decide to buy - except the other habitats will be off sale by then... *sigh*

    Oh well. Idk what i'm gonna do. I know I will be more likely to buy smaller habitats in the future for 200 gold/ea, versus getting a larger habitat for 500 gold... EVER. That's just too much gold for me to spend on a habitat. I'll never do it. lol. Half-price I can do. Full price? "Fuhgeddaboudit."

  7. #7
    Host(ess)
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Tomorrowland
    Posts
    20
    girrllllll, if you have some gold to spare, and coins to spare, grow expensive food and buy a bit of it that you cant grow fast enough, and BAM! beauty and the beast collection complete! good luck!

  8. #8
    Rhino Keeper amalsaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by devlinholics View Post
    I do not think I am giving opinion since I am pretty new only lvl50+ but I just say what if it was me

    I would just go for design first this is the most important for me ... Because it will never grow old or bored for a Long time but that is me...

    Take winter lily for example... I love the dragon a lot although it is just rare... Ice queen is Super rare n limited n only 300gold.... I like ice queen but I love winter lily... If winter lily is limited n at 300gold, during the last day of breeding if I cannot get I would just purchase it for 300gold if by any means if it is worth it or affordable to me. ( do remember if I am patience I can wait for it to launch again or maybe it is availed in future as a spinning wheel prize)

    Habitats since it is always available... But it is just a matter of you get it now for 250gold or 500gold in future or just wait for another sale again in future

    Hope that helps
    I bred both ice queen and winter lily in no time!

  9. #9
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,378
    I bought the ballroom, I only buy habitats that hold 4 dragons

  10. #10
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Why Is It Always So Melty Here??, USA
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarteddys View Post
    girrllllll, if you have some gold to spare, and coins to spare, grow expensive food and buy a bit of it that you cant grow fast enough, and BAM! beauty and the beast collection complete! good luck!
    LOL! You're so funny sugarteddys Thanks for the luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •