Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which dragons to trade/sell?

Rhino Keeper

Which dragons to trade/sell?

I am wanting to get rid of some of my dragons but wondered which are the ones to keep? This purge will include some rare and super rare. I wish there was a facility to gift them to neighbours!

For example, is it best to keep those that are not available through breeding?

I am going to keep the single colour dragons, as they are used in quests.

Ironically, the dragon that i want is Neon, have been trying for months for this - breeding virtue/kitsune with troll/black rose
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Executive Chef
    I'd be very careful of getting rid of anything unless you have more than one of that dragon. Some you will never get again and some you can get now may expire in the future.

It really depends on your game objective. Mine is to collect as many unique dragons as possible.

It can be good to have some duplicates, eg a high level Diamond for the Arena and one between 4 and 7 for breeding. Same applies to some others too. I hold onto a spare Forest, Fire and Air for that purpose.

Super and Ultra Rares are good in the Arena provided you use the right one for the particular opponent.

I wouldn't be purging anything I only had one of. But you may have different objectives.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Rhino Keeper
    My goal has changed away from having as many unique types to making the islands a bit more beautiful - too many habitats crammed in together does not look good, so want to space them about a bit (so that the dragons are are easier to see) and have more buildings etc.

Fashion Designer
    Grey wag I agree with you, my goals are similar to yours. I tend to keep non breedables and my goal is now to keep two of every color patten in tris and no more than two or three in the bus. I likely will not keep many if any rares unless they are unbreedable ie cherry blossom is one that I will always have. The exception would be if I am keeping something for theme reasons or just because I like it. I see no reason to have all the baby red yello and yellow greens etc that I will never raise, never mind use. Unlike a few others, I find the unbreedables my best choice for arena so even tho a dragon may be super rare does not necessarily mean it stays. I have at least six super rare red yellow so I have to make choices. My favourite red yellow is actually an unbreedable rare!

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Rhino Keeper
    Some good ones for the Battle Arena are Landworm, Poison, Scorpion, Celestial, Fire, Forest, Water, Air, etc. I would not just make decisions based on rarity.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by greywagtail View Post
    My goal has changed away from having as many unique types to making the islands a bit more beautiful - too many habitats crammed in together does not look good, so want to space them about a bit (so that the dragons are are easier to see) and have more buildings etc.
    I'm with you on the presentation! I have a plan for my future layout, just consolidating my "flock" still. I hate the crammed look too!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by groovyedwin View Post
    Some good ones for the Battle Arena are Landworm, Poison, Scorpion, Celestial, Fire, Forest, Water, Air, etc. I would not just make decisions based on rarity.
    That's exactly the point I was making, I am selecting for arena plus base of course

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Simdiva View Post
    That's exactly the point I was making, I am selecting for arena plus base of course
    For me the Arena is secondary. I like to win, of course, but it is not my main driver when selecting what I want. I go for looks and completing sets. There are some dragons I'll never try for because I don't like their appearance, Castle is one. Atlas is another.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by groovyedwin View Post
    thanks - Landworm and Celestial have now been saved from being traded!

I am getting rid of the really ugly ones - like Goblin, Love, Wizard, Fruitful. I am not too fond of the two and three headed dragons either

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by greywagtail View Post
    thanks - Landworm and Celestial have now been saved from being traded!

I am getting rid of the really ugly ones - like Goblin, Love, Wizard, Fruitful. I am not too fond of the two and three headed dragons either
    Keep in mind - some dragons that are said to be "good in arena' may not be good in your arena. I remember when everyone told me to get a landworm because they were awesome in battle. I struggled to breed one, meanwhile trying to figure out why my Super Rare Forestfire wasn't just as good as a landworm since they are the same colors, rarity, etc. But people swore by them, so I wanted one. Well, when I finally bred a landworm & hurried to epic it - it just lost. And it continues to lose battles for me for the most part (wins on occasion), where my Forestfire will win more consistently. I still keep one, but not for sure for how long.

Since then, I've probably bred close to 20 or more (no exaggeration) - they seem to love my island now that I don't want them. lol

If you want to keep based on their strength in arena, Super rares are generally pretty strong - but I would just make a mental note of how they perform for you. Not everyone's dragons/arena seems to be the same for every player. Then, if they don't seem to hold their value & you don't really like how they look, it's easy to decide.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast