Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Kind Of Goals Would You Want In The Future?

oh yeah. also winter themed goals (not necessarily xmas, but just snow themed).
    more pastel themed goals...
    equestrian themed and unicorns and horse drawn carriages
    romance themed goals (in addition to weddings hehe).

I want winter goals...pls make goals more and more interesting pls⛼ or some fantasy goals or previous winter wedding goal relaunched

Executive Chef
    I want like a valentines goal theme something cute and pretty.

Rhino Keeper

Ideas for BS team

@all, this is starting to sound awfully like a theme thread.

There is already a robust and vibrant discussion for future themes here:

https://https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55345-Bakery-Story-Theme-Suggestions

(I don't know how to do the cool thing @amerirish does to make the URL disappear inside the text)

I'm guessing the originator of this thread must have had something different in mind by "type of goals"...
    Here are some ideas for the S8 bakery team on goal type...

@all long-timers, pls add your thoughts here...

1. I want a Spin to Win in BS, maybe once a month, like they have in DS. There could be a grand prize (unique 4x4 item or first prize from a popular existing crate), a coupla 1x1 items from crates, some coins, tiles, gem-my tables and counters, or wall decor. If they make the grand prize worth it and the extra spins not too pricey (maybe 3 gems) a lot of people would pay for more than one spin a day. Imagine winning the lemonade stand on a spin for 3 gems. Or even after four extra spins for 12 gems. Wow! I'd pay that much without cribbing. Even without paying anything, you still win something. I'm telling you, almost everyone would play and almost everyone will benefit. Who'd say no to a free lucky draw? And if you use existing crate prizes and are able to pinch some coding (NB- I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about anything technical, less than nothing) from the Dragon ppl, much of the work is pre-done. Something to think about for 2017.

2. I also suggest a community event (not too often, we don't want burnt out angry players who are NOT feeling like filling their bakeries with cute stuff) so maybe bi-annually or quarterly where everyone contributes to collect a beautiful grand prize. For everybody.

3. I'm pinching a lot of ideas from DS so #thankyou, DS team. I'm also (and this is the second time) mooting a grand inter-department meet where the creators of all S8 games in the same game "umbrella" get their hands dirty with all the other games. I'm sure s8 already has corporate events, what company doesn't? But I mean a sort of brainstorming and gaming or^y with a lot of really great incentives for the staff and a safe and completely open space in which ideas can be shared and ripped apart by everyone. Do ya got one of those, S8? And did I mention the staff incentives? Amp the juice on them, management. Make 'em good. Trip to Chamonix good. Mmmmmm-mmmmmmm. Or if the budget is groaning, at least Aspen. The S8 staff who give rippingly good ideas should all at least get to go to Aspen.

@S8 staff
    @mods

Quote Originally Posted by zaaracake View Post
    My island is profoundly ugly cuz for the longest time I just plonked things down wherever, unlike in Bakery Story where I really take an effort with my shop. I feel guilty now about all the love I withheld from DS. S8 really needs to have a cross-department meet on how to stop their individual game offerings cannibalizing on each other. That would be one heck of a productive thing to do, guys.

I've been so involved with BS and uninvolved with DS, I never even noticed when the game stopped being an ugly duckling and grew up!
    Last edited by zaaracake; 12-18-16 at 03:25 AM. Reason: To add stuff

Executive Chef
    I'd love to see some of DS' fun game play in BS! but not too much, my love for these games definitely sprouts from their low-stress play. If I wanted constant tasks, I'd be in BS2!

Fashion Designer
    Goals where I don't have to buy things I don't want. That's ridiculous, especially when one needs to save coins to expand.

These goals would be much more doable if they'd say, "Make a two-hour treat" instead of having us make things we don't want to see in our bakeries...like celebration cupcakes in December.

Holiday Goals are a fun idea. The Birthday idea sounds wonderful, but it would need to be one we could select when we want it!

In fact, a list of goals we could select would be lovely. Work on the ones we want, skip the ones we don't.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    Goals where I don't have to buy things I don't want. That's ridiculous, especially when one needs to save coins to expand.

These goals would be much more doable if they'd say, "Make a two-hour treat" instead of having us make things we don't want to see in our bakeries...like celebration cupcakes in December.

Holiday Goals are a fun idea. The Birthday idea sounds wonderful, but it would need to be one we could select when we want it!

In fact, a list of goals we could select would be lovely. Work on the ones we want, skip the ones we don't.
    Well most people want new ovens with new recipes to master, so that is why there are specific ovens and recipes for the goals.

Rhino Keeper
    @kayjayco, the introductory goal sets are meant to ease you into the game basics: get you comfortable with batch cooking and expanding etc. They're rather well designed for a broad-based reach, I always thought. Many preteens play this game but its most affluent player demographic is adult women (with due respect to the guys who are playing, I'm just saying many MORE of us ladies are)...
    I (and all the other long-timers) would strongly recommend you complete them and unlock the ovens and decor etc..you'll thank us later, when you've been playing longer!
    Don't worry abt the celebration cupcakes, they'll sell out in a few hours. And everyone is used to seeing them in the bakeries of players at 'younger' levels, often the sight of those recipes gives us old hands a nostalgic twinge (in a good way).
    Once you advance a few levels, the flexibility you'll get in designing your bakery the way you want will increase exponentially. Truly it will. Then you'll be happy you completed as many goal sets as possible.
    I'm still bewailing the ones I missed in 2012. Yep, I used the word bewail in a sentence. In THIS century.
    Totally feel ya on the point abt the expansions, though! The game is expensive whether in coins (time spent playing) or gems (money). That's precisely why you want to get the maximum gems (recipes) for your coins (time and effort) as @deekathleen put it, so much more succinctly.
    Hope this helps!
    Welcome to the Bakery Story community and happy holidays.
    Last edited by zaaracake; 12-19-16 at 10:31 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Less expensive goals???!!
    Please bring back the Lotus Fountain! Please

Chubi Store

I'd love any kind of goal that would involve the community in a non-competitive way.

For example, a goal where we're all supposed to collect drops by cooking recipes. There can be certain recipes that are more likely to drop that item, but all recipes would drop it regardless of the appliance they're cooked on or the duration of the recipe. There could be two tiers of prizes and a final grand prize for completing the community goal, that everyone who collected over a certain amount of said item would receive. It could be a long term goal, something that lasts for three or four months, a couple of times a year.

We already get drops from cooking recipes in BS and RS, and they're already saved into our account and "measured". The system is already there, so applying it in this manner shouldn't be impossible. I know that it's probably a tricky thing to code, but I'm sure it's not impossibly hard. It would give long-time players a reason to keep on cooking a variety of recipes, even if they've already completed the monthly goal.

@zaaracake; as usual, your input is very interesting to read. The #1 suggestion in your post is a wonderful idea. I would definitely take my chances with a "spin the wheel" kind of mini game! Even if the lowest tier prizes were counters, tables and chairs (gem only), I'd still play.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast