Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Cyber Monday sales/Gold Dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by pernmagic View Post
    Thanks for the complicated maths answer ..... My 10 are all different levels which complicates it so I will be experimenting about how to go about this untill all are eventually epic ...... Might take a while due to long evolution times but will post when I have some sort of answer
    You are welcome
    If the 2 dragons aren't on level 10 or above, then the habitat needs much more time to get maxed up.
    For example, 2 dragons on level 6 need more than 1 day to produce 5 gold, or 1 dragon on level 3 and 1 dragon on level 7 together need exactly one day (24 Hours) to produce 5 gold and goes on...

Keep in mind that:
    • Level 1 - Level 3 Gold Dragons produce 1 Gold per day
    • Level 4 - Level 6 Gold Dragons produce 2 Gold per day
    • Level 7 - Level 9 Gold Dragons produce 4 Gold per day
    • Level 10 - Level 15 Gold Dragons produce 5 Gold per day

So, make some experiments or maths according to the level of your dragons to see what fits you the best for collection time!
    And when your dragons reach on level 10, you can read my previous post to know exactly what to do with them

Executive Chef
    Can anyone confirm if adding dragons to or taking them off a habitat resets the timer of the remaining dragons? I.e. is the timer actually attached to the habitat, not the dragons.

I had one Whitegold, level 7, so 4 gold a day. I had been collecting once a day at 8:25 (plus a minute each day, but let's stick to 8:25 for this, it is easier). I collected gold at 8:26 this morning, and after that I returned Treasure to the habitat from the evolution temple. I should have got another gold from Whitegold 6 hours later as 24 divided by 4 = 6. But there is no gold to be found. I wish I'd noted what time I put Treasure back in the habitat, but I didn't. Treasure is now level 4. So I have a 2 + 4 = 6, so theoretically that should equate to 1 gold every 4 hours, I think?

So I'm thinking a gold will show up 4 hours after I returned Treasure to the habitat.

With three new dragons, there will be a bit of taking off and putting back over the next day or so as I level them up. It seems care needs to be taken with the timing, perhaps.

It is a tad confusing, I have to say!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Can anyone confirm if adding dragons to or taking them off a habitat resets the timer of the remaining dragons? I.e. is the timer actually attached to the habitat, not the dragons.

I had one Whitegold, level 7, so 4 gold a day. I had been collecting once a day at 8:25 (plus a minute each day, but let's stick to 8:25 for this, it is easier). I collected gold at 8:26 this morning, and after that I returned Treasure to the habitat from the evolution temple. I should have got another gold from Whitegold 6 hours later as 24 divided by 4 = 6. But there is no gold to be found. I wish I'd noted what time I put Treasure back in the habitat, but I didn't. Treasure is now level 4. So I have a 2 + 4 = 6, so theoretically that should equate to 1 gold every 4 hours, I think?

So I'm thinking a gold will show up 4 hours after I returned Treasure to the habitat.

With three new dragons, there will be a bit of taking off and putting back over the next day or so as I level them up. It seems care needs to be taken with the timing, perhaps.

It is a tad confusing, I have to say!
    I think I've answered my own question. I managed to work out how long ago I'd put Treasure back in the habitat by looking at how long Stainglass still had to go (I'd put Stainglass on immediately Treasure finished). Stainglass takes 26 hours. At 22 hours remaining for Stainglass, Whitegold and Treasure produced a gold precisely almost to the second of 4 hours.

So it looks like it is 24 / (Dragon A + Dragon B) to the max of 5 per 24 hours. Until I level one of these two up again I should be OK to collect every 8 hours (plus the obligatory minute). Therefore makes sense moving dragons off and on habitat would reset the calculation - as soon as the variables change for the formula, it would recalculate. Removing or adding a dragon changes the variables.

Lady_Saphira and BiteMe111 - hope this helps with your testing too. Will see what happens in 4 hours time.

Edit 4 hours later: Another gold bar arrived bang on schedule as expected.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 12-03-15 at 01:18 AM.

Banned
    My rule of thumb for collecting gold is every 12 hours and 1 minute, if I stick to this and on time I collect 5 gold in the morning and 5 in the evening, meaning I have 2 level 10 dragons in each habitat. Don't ask me why but the 1 minute is important.
    Early players have different Treasure habitats which can collect 10 gold per day so their collection is daily.

Executive Chef
    Random59, that will work brilliantly for those with all Level 10. It is my target situation!

It will, I believe, work with any dragon level combination that produces an even number of gold bars per day, however any combination that produces an odd number per day, such as a level 4 and a level 10 which will produce 7 gold bars a day, needs a different schedule to maximize the collection. This will affect those of us leveling up our new shiny toys!

With 7 bars a day, each bar will be dropped at 3 hours and 25 minutes. As 3 hours and 25 minutes doesn't divide evenly into 12, half a gold bar would be missed.

The easiest illustration is a Level 1 (1 gold a day) and a level 4 (2 gold a day). 1 gold will drop every 8 hours, so collecting at 12 hours would reset the timer halfway through the "production" of the second gold of the 24 hour cycle.

I hope that makes sense and I hope I am right - I believe I am. It is rather messy to work out really.

Executive Chef
    Have part of my answer ..... 4 habitats have 2 dragons at L7 each giving 4 a day , one has L7 and Sterling silver at L 10 so this will be easier to work out later as long I check on my paper work presently and noted the time I collect ..... Thanks for all info folks

Early morning here, greyhound bouncing wanting breakfast sort of addled thinking ability to work out exact timing so will do later and post what seems to work .... I hope
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516