Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Three annoying messages - I have a hypothesis

Rhino Keeper
    Then maybe someone can explain this... The last time I sent map requests was over a week ago. I got up to having an extra 40 after I did my expansion and have been sitting at 40 for a week now. No expansions, no new maps coming in and no requests sent. Today, I sent all my requests but got the message that 2 of my neighbors had already responded to my request. Over a week, no new maps, but still got the message...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker2 View Post
    The first two messages happen when you put a checkmark next to a neighbor's name, either deliberately or accidentally clear the checkmark, and checkmark the name again.

The server detects the first checkmark, doesn't detect the checkmark being cleared, and counts the second checkmark as an attempt to send a second gold or map to that neighbor.

The third message appears after adding two more checkmarks when gifting back or when you check three names when gifting. It's a badly worded message telling you that you can only send that item to a maximum of three people per day.
    Okay, I posted before I read this. That would explain my issue because that happened to me as I was checking boxes. I ended up unchecking a few and had to recheck.

Executive Chef
    Lady_saphira, did you by any chance accept new neighbours before you sent the request?

I'm yet to be convinced of Lurker2's explanation, as I find most days the first checkmark in the left hand column unchecks when I click in the right hand column, and I recheck it, yet I don't necessarily receive the error message. Admittedly (@Lurker2) I wasn't thinking of that being the cause of the issue, so wasn't taking specific note, however I will from now on. Your explanation sounds plausible, most certainly, apart from the timing - you are suggesting the data interchange happens after each and every check: that seems to not fit with the rest of the timings.

Executive Chef
    I did a map request this morning and purposely checked and unchecked the box for my other account, then checked it again after I had gone through the entire list. Sent requests and didn't get the message. This was done after accepting and returning 3 gold gifts. I'll keep experimenting over the next few days and see if I can create a repeatable pattern.

PS. The account had been waiting for an expansion to finish so there was no map requests returned for last couple of days.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Lady_saphira, did you by any chance accept new neighbours before you sent the request?

I'm yet to be convinced of Lurker2's explanation, as I find most days the first checkmark in the left hand column unchecks when I click in the right hand column, and I recheck it, yet I don't necessarily receive the error message. Admittedly (@Lurker2) I wasn't thinking of that being the cause of the issue, so wasn't taking specific note, however I will from now on. Your explanation sounds plausible, most certainly, apart from the timing - you are suggesting the data interchange happens after each and every check: that seems to not fit with the rest of the timings.
    No, Dee... I did have a new neighbor request but I did that several hours after the map request incident. Not a clue what's going on then...

I've tested Lurker2's theory twice now, deliberately not re-checking the boxes that un-checked themselves.

Both times - no message!! And I ALWAYS get the message!

Think you've cracked the puzzle Lurker2!!

Although, the mystery remains... Why do they uncheck themselves??

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by czarboy View Post
    Gold and maps or lotus flowers should ALL be separate gifts. So you're saying if I ok a map that means I can't send gold to that person That's just not right! And if that's the case then the "gift box" icon should not appear on their homepage. if these developers are so smart as to make so many different dragons and so many different islands and movements of the dragons then they can figure this one out. They just don't want to.
    I'm a newbie compared to most of you, but we're all getting totally ripped off if gold, maps, & lotus are all considered equal & not the way it is intended or documented to be! Can a moderator or someone with authority come in on this to clarify this ENTIRE issue, please? !? Thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zaccy678 View Post
    I've tested Lurker2's theory twice now, deliberately not re-checking the boxes that un-checked themselves.

Both times - no message!! And I ALWAYS get the message!

Think you've cracked the puzzle Lurker2!!

Although, the mystery remains... Why do they uncheck themselves??
    I would tend to agree. After playing around with this for close to a week on two accounts, the only time I've gotten the message was when the box unchecked itself and I rechecked it. So far, I haven't received the message for other actions.

Executive Chef
    So, as Zaccy678 points out, we are left with the question of why does the box uncheck itself? I've notice this also happens in Castle Story and the same message results if the box is checked again. Very odd.

@Bk7553, I've not found satisfactory documentation at all. All I found was documentation about another game, with an addendum that Dragon Story was slightly different. Do you have a link to the documentation you are referring to? I'd love to read.

I was getting them quite a bit in the beginning so my routine is when I open DS in the morning I accept my Gold then scroll to the bottom of my Gold list of people that I received from and I pick the last one to send Gold too. I do the last 3 individually so when it pops up that they didn't receive it I am not left wondering who it was.

2nd I answer map requests but I don't send to the ones I sent Gold to until later that evening.

3rd I request maps but usually not till the evening. And yes my #2 thru #4 person I check mark as soon as I start to scroll down they uncheck themselves so I just check them again and hit send.

It's now kinda of rare if I get any of those pop ups. Usually only if I didn't get on in the morning and didn't get on till late evening then I get a pop up.
    Level 107 in DS! 206 Dragons!
    My storm ID is diner2u feel free to add me!
    5 Diamond Dragons: Diamond 15, Quetzal, Crusader 10, Mercury & Infinity
    5 Champions: Warrior Princess 10, Warrior Prince, Gilded Knight 10, Rose Knight & Chariot + 2 in storage: Skeletal Knight & Dueler
    2 Gold Dragons: White Gold & Stainglass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123