Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three annoying messages - I have a hypothesis

Executive Chef
    D_Raho oh thank goodness! I know written communication can be fraught with miscommunication, but I really was stumped! I feel much better now!

Fashion Designer
    I think the first message when sending gold appears when the receiving neighbour has already gotten three gold from other players that day. Despite the message I think they still get the gold though

The second message seems to appear when requesting maps after sending gold to neighbours, which could mean you have to choose between sending gold or requesting maps. Perhaps it's possible to request a map after the neighbour accepts the gold gift?

The third is something I consider ill-constructed. Because it cancels the tick and comes up when you haven't confirmed sending the gold yet

1) The first message consists of 2 parts:
    a) ...you have already sent them a gift
    b) ...they have already received the max number of gifts today
    The max number of received golds per day for every player are 20.
    So, even if it's not your mistake and you haven't already sent gold to the chosen neighbors, one of these 3 chosen neighbors has already reached the max number of received golds from other neighbors earlier than you and it's impossible to receive your gift or anyone's else gift for this specific day.
    If 2 of your chosen neighbors have reached the limit, you will get the message: "Your gift has been sent. But 2 of your friends did not receive the gift..."
    If all of your chosen neighbors have reached the limit, you will get the message: "We were unable to send gift to your friends..." or something like that.

2) The second message is something that i haven't figured out why it's happening. You have a good point about it and perhaps that's the reason it happens.

3) The third message i think it's a bug! It's an old ios bug that we never had it in android too until 7-8 months ago.
    When teamlava decided to upgrade the android version of the game so that it will be almost similar with the ios one, the bug appeared to the android players too.
    So, until it's been fixed to both of the platforms, "solution" to this problem is the one posted by D_Raho.
    You choose 3 random neighbors from the gift list (i always choose the first 3) without pressing the send button, you wait 2-3 secs for the error message to appear, you choose "X" to close the message and then you go back (exit) to the previous/first tab by choosing the upper left arrow. After that, you can enter the neighbors' list again and this time you can choose 3 neighbors you want and send them your gold without any annoying error message

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mylord7 View Post
    1) The first message consists of 2 parts:
    a) ...you have already sent them a gift
    b) ...they have already received the max number of gifts today
    The max number of received golds per day for every player are 20.
    So, even if it's not your mistake and you haven't already sent gold to the chosen neighbors, one of these 3 chosen neighbors has already reached the max number of received golds from other neighbors earlier than you and it's impossible to receive your gift or anyone's else gift for this specific day.
    If 2 of your chosen neighbors have reached the limit, you will get the message: "Your gift has been sent. But 2 of your friends did not receive the gift..."
    If all of your chosen neighbors have reached the limit, you will get the message: "We were unable to send gift to your friends..." or something like that.
    Just to add my two cents - I'm not sure if this is always true because I usually send gold shortly after the reset (12 am PST). A couple of times during the last weeks I sent gold less than five minutes after the reset time and already some of my neighbours couldn't receive gold. Is it really possible that 20 people were faster than me? Multiple times, different people. It seems weird to me.

I mean normally I would agree with you guys. You get the message if you have already sent them gold or if they already received the 20 gold. But maybe it could also be a bug/glitch sometimes? shrugs
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Executive Chef
    Hiabarara, yes, I do the same. Usually about 30 seconds past reset time as reset is 7pm in my world.

Mylord7, thank you for explaining re the 20 - I entirely left that out, didn't I? Dug @ me! It is statistically possible some of my neighbours received 20 already, but I'm leaning slightly Hiabarara's way I think.

Either way, the messages need to be enhanced so they are meaningful and describe the situation correctly.

Yes I too think the third is a bug.

Fashion Designer
    It's a weird bug, really. I found out you only get the message about the gold if you tap a 'gift back' button in the news feed and try to tick two more boxes in the neighbour list. But it's not that bad, you can still send gold to a third neigbour, either via the news feed or the neighbour list.
    If you tapped the 'gift back' button in the news feed, you can also untick the first box, then if the tick reappears by itself, it's fine to tick two other boxes. So somehow it generates a double tick.
    It also happens sometimes while requesting maps, I figure it also generates double ticks. I don't mind, I don't care too much if I'll get 2 maps less. Someday I'll be expanded to the max anyway.

Twee(200): 788 unique dragons, 529 epic, 7 lvl 15, 20 eggs, 18 in stable. 22 Diamonds, 14 GPD.
    Drie(168) (id:Bastiaan00): 209 unique dragons, 187 epic, no noble crystal. 8 Diamonds, 3 GPD.
    I'm not addicted, I just like to play

Quote Originally Posted by hiabarara View Post
    Just to add my two cents - I'm not sure if this is always true because I usually send gold shortly after the reset (12 am PST). A couple of times during the last weeks I sent gold less than five minutes after the reset time and already some of my neighbours couldn't receive gold. Is it really possible that 20 people were faster than me? Multiple times, different people. It seems weird to me.

I mean normally I would agree with you guys. You get the message if you have already sent them gold or if they already received the 20 gold. But maybe it could also be a bug/glitch sometimes? shrugs
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Hiabarara, yes, I do the same. Usually about 30 seconds past reset time as reset is 7pm in my world.
    If you are sending the gold so quick after the reset time, then we probably have another bug/glitch.
    I hadn't figured it out till now that i read your posts, cause the reset time in my place is in the morning and i always send my gifts about 5 hours later, when it's possible for someone to be already full.
    I will ask some friends/neighbors, which send their gold right after the reset time, if they have the same error message as you.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hiabarara View Post

I have a couple of accounts that I use just to gift gold and I get this message error all time with them, even after reset and even when I know the receiving account has not received any gold. And there are no map requests involved either.

It's a glitch which appeared some months ago. It would be nice if it was fixed.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Gold and maps or lotus flowers should ALL be separate gifts. So you're saying if I ok a map that means I can't send gold to that person That's just not right! And if that's the case then the "gift box" icon should not appear on their homepage. if these developers are so smart as to make so many different dragons and so many different islands and movements of the dragons then they can figure this one out. They just don't want to.
    Last edited by czarboy; 01-14-16 at 12:55 PM. Reason: typos

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    You know those three annoying messages we don't understand that we sometimes get?

The one when we give gold and it says we've already sent a gift to a neighbour today and we haven't

Attachment 26355

The one when we request maps and it says request sent but one of your neighbours didn't get it because you sent them a request earlier today

Attachment 26356

I think the first occurs when a late map request comes in and we accept that request then try to send gold later to the same person without realising we have already sent them a "gift".

I think the second error occurs when neighbours receive a late request from us and responds on the same day we send a new request - the system counts them as having received the old request that day, as in my other map testing thread where a neighbour got my request 22 hours later on the next DS day.

Just throwing these thoughts out there for consideration and perhaps as something to watch for. I can't prove it, but the hypothesis fits my experience.

The third one, shown below, received when trying to send gold to three neighbours at once from the Neighbour list screen, I have only a very theoretical explanation for, I just workaround it.

Attachment 26357

To avoid this I only ever send gold from the News Feed screen at reset time which means I do it before any other action like responding to map requests - but I also think this may be tied in with maps as well, it just isn't clear to me. In the early days when I sent gold from the neighbour list, after I'd responded to map requests, I got this a lot.

The system probably is working correctly, but the messages on the user interface need enhancing so the situation is made clear to the users.
    The first two messages happen when you put a checkmark next to a neighbor's name, either deliberately or accidentally clear the checkmark, and checkmark the name again.

The server detects the first checkmark, doesn't detect the checkmark being cleared, and counts the second checkmark as an attempt to send a second gold or map to that neighbor.

The third message appears after adding two more checkmarks when gifting back or when you check three names when gifting. It's a badly worded message telling you that you can only send that item to a maximum of three people per day.
    Last edited by Lurker2; 01-14-16 at 02:26 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast