Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 11/26 Food Shelter

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    I don't know if this glitch has been logged yet, but I collected two feasts on step one, got 12 offerings, and then when I got to step two to collect ten offerings, it says I've only collected 6.

I believe that the first feast you collect don't count towards the collect 10 offerings step because when you collected the first feast, you were actually doing the Step 1. Comfort Food - Prepare any Feast x1. Then when you collect the second feast it counts towards Step 2. Plenty To Go Around - Gather 10 Offerings.

The collection of Offerings of the first feast didn't count because Step 2 is only triggered AFTER you collected the first feast.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CLOVERKAITO View Post
    I believe that the first feast you collect don't count towards the collect 10 offerings step because when you collected the first feast, you were actually doing the Step 1. Comfort Food - Prepare any Feast x1. Then when you collect the second feast it counts towards Step 2. Plenty To Go Around - Gather 10 Offerings.
    I thought of that, and didn't click Edit in time to stop the second collection, but that's rather dumb seeing how it says collect 10, which should be 10 total seeing how it counted 6 of them from the first step and didn't say collect 10 more or collect 10 with a count of 0, KWIM?
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
    ~ ☧ ↂ Gardienn ༻࿇ꐕ
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻

Not currently accepting new neighbors.

Castle Story
    Farm Story 2
    Goldonis Saveir
    GS's Ranch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    I thought of that, and didn't click Edit in time to stop the second collection, but that's rather dumb seeing how it says collect 10, which should be 10 total seeing how it counted 6 of them from the first step and didn't say collect 10 more or collect 10 with a count of 0, KWIM?
    It doesn't really matter because the step after is to Prepare the Potluck Feast x1... which you'd need to collect 40 offerings to craft it anyway. It doesn't change the fact you need to craft more feasts to complete the next step... so why dwell on this?

Personally I think you should be happy that you are also the ones who get 6 offerings for 1 simple feast. Those of us who started playing before the bug was fixed only gets 3 offerings for 1 simple feast... We need to cook twice the feasts to get enough offerings for the potluck feast

My current count:

Simple feast: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
    Hearty feast: 7, 7, 7
    Spicy feast: 12

Highly doubt I'd see any changes tonight. Maybe they'll fix it tomorrow? But by then I should have my souvenir potluck feast done...
    Last edited by CLOVERKAITO; 11-26-15 at 11:40 PM. Reason: added current count

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CLOVERKAITO View Post
    It doesn't really matter because the step after is to Prepare the Potluck Feast x1... which you'd need to collect 40 offerings to craft it anyway. It doesn't change the fact you need to craft more feasts to complete the next step... so why dwell on this?

Personally I think you should be happy that you are also the ones who get 6 offerings for 1 simple feast. Those of us who started playing before the bug was fixed only gets 3 offerings for 1 simple feast... We need to cook twice the feasts to get enough offerings for the potluck feast
    I wasn't complaining, just noting a discrepancy. I hope offerings level out for everyone.
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
    ~ ☧ ↂ Gardienn ༻࿇ꐕ
    ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻

Not currently accepting new neighbors.

Castle Story
    Farm Story 2
    Goldonis Saveir
    GS's Ranch

Um... There are seven days to complete this and I finished in less than 12 hours without needing to gem speed anything? (I am level 47 and ever since the beginning have had the strategy to keep my kitchens stocked with the ingredients to make at least 3x of each feast just in case I'm called upon to craft one)... Still, am I missing something?? Are there more steps?? If not, this is great!! Especially after spending ages collecting and trading in fertilizer for Sir Daisy who drops... (Drumroll, please) horse hair, and is no more useful than my coin horses, AND worked like crazy on gummy worms and dirt sundaes for an orphanage that drops... (mor drumroll) coins, AND a grand prize pond that drops...(the crowd goes wild!!) one bucket of water, which is less than I get from my coin ponds!
    So if it's really over, this was a great event!!! Crafting a handfull of feasts I'll use for adventures and ending up with 10 gem rewards and a new food dropping building... Do more of these, S8! (Except maybe with not so many bugs in the rollout ��)
    I'm happy to be neighbors, but don't send an invite to this ID as it's my backup game. Let me know and I can invite you to my main game (with kingdom name Timewaster)

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EBJW View Post
    Hi SW, maybe it's an idea to place a short summary on page 1 with all the feasts: ingredients and cooking time?

So we can see into it while are kitchens are busy and we don't have to look it up in the hub when we want to know what to plant etc.
    your wish is my command! post 2 now has the extract from the Adventure Guide so you have everything in 1 place.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by totalwasteoftime View Post
    Um... There are seven days to complete this and I finished in less than 12 hours without needing to gem speed anything? (I am level 47 and ever since the beginning have had the strategy to keep my kitchens stocked with the ingredients to make at least 3x of each feast just in case I'm called upon to craft one)... Still, am I missing something?? Are there more steps?? If not, this is great!! Especially after spending ages collecting and trading in fertilizer for Sir Daisy who drops... (Drumroll, please) horse hair, and is no more useful than my coin horses, AND worked like crazy on gummy worms and dirt sundaes for an orphanage that drops... (mor drumroll) coins, AND a grand prize pond that drops...(the crowd goes wild!!) one bucket of water, which is less than I get from my coin ponds!
    So if it's really over, this was a great event!!! Crafting a handfull of feasts I'll use for adventures and ending up with 10 gem rewards and a new food dropping building... Do more of these, S8! (Except maybe with not so many bugs in the rollout ��)
    I think it's 7 days long because the event also takes into account for the lower level players who might not have all the ingredients of a feast ready... and for someone who just made it to level 17, they can only do simple feast and hearty feast. Not spicy and sweet feast available to them yet.

Please correct me if my math below is wrong. But for a lower level player to craft a feast from scratch, it takes a lot of time so 7 days is actually more reasonable. And the time below doesn't even account for time / energies needed to harvest the ingredients.

Simple feast, with one kitchen, would take 6 hours to craft
    Grit: 30 minutes x 2 = 1 hour
    Bread: 2 hours x 2 = 4 hours
    Simple feast = 1 hour

Hearty feast, with one kitchen, would take 11.5 hours to craft
    Hearty stew = 2 hours
    Pasta = 1 hour
    Noodles = 30 minutes
    Flour: 30 minutes x 2 = 1 hour
    Breaded fish = 1 hour
    Bread: 2 hours x 2 = 4 hours
    Hearty feast = 2 hours

(I'm done crafting the Potluck feast too in just 8 hours, with "normal" offering drops. I'm just collecting for souvenir now.)
    Last edited by CLOVERKAITO; 11-27-15 at 12:10 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by totalwasteoftime View Post
    Um... There are seven days to complete this and I finished in less than 12 hours without needing to gem speed anything? (I am level 47 and ever since the beginning have had the strategy to keep my kitchens stocked with the ingredients to make at least 3x of each feast just in case I'm called upon to craft one)...
    Heh, I beat you. I had a ton of feasts lined up for the thanksgiving event, realized that almost none of them were needed, so I queued two sweet feasts on the way out the door to my RL thanksgiving dinner. When I got back home, I collected them, instantly maxed out on offerings, and finished the potluck an hour after the event started for me. I didn't even get to see the dialogue for the second step in the questline LOL.

Wasn't the divine feast something from the very earliest days of CS back when you could make sweet cream? I started playing just after that was discontinued so my memories of it are all second hand. If that's the case, it is funny that the developers don't seem to realize it isn't in the game any more! i really do think things would go smoother if at least some of the developers played the game. Right now it sure seems like they don't. Still I am enjoying the quest. This is the first one that is harder for a hardcore hoarder. I was maxed on all feasts so i am going to need a few days to send out enough adventures to allow me to make a souvenir potluck.

Rhino Keeper
    What to do if I have 100 feasts for each feast and both barrack and castle are occupied with advanture I cannot do anything for the next 48 hours