Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mystic Maps Requesting/Receiving

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by devlinholics View Post
    U

Btw DD99 I have not seen yr request in days, try request me today at reset timing in your first 20
    I won't be requesting maps this reset - that is part of my test plan - however you were in my request I sent so let's see if you see my request after the next reset. Would be good to know!

As for your Days 3 and 4 and so on - that is my whole point really - I NEVER receive maps after the second day, despite sending requests to all 177 neighbours. The most I ever get from one request is 40 maps. This testing will confirm or not.

Executive Chef

Test Results: Day 2

Following on from my previous detail, I did as planned and sped up the expansion just before the reset time. I checked how many maps I had at that point: two - the two received just after I had started the expansion, one from a neighbour and the second from Stormie. That had taken me to receiving a total of 23 maps.

After the daily reset I received no more maps until 24 hours after I'd sent the request. It would seem the 24 hours is based on the time the request is sent, not the daily reset 24 hours. However I can't guarantee that, as the time between the daily reset and my sending the original request yesterday was just over 1.5 hours - not a long time. There could be a routine set to run to "catch up" the overflow maps for all I know.

I have also collected 1 map from Cartographer and I now have a map count of 5, so that all tallies, 2 from after the expansion was triggered, 1 from Cartographer and 2 from the "new" 24 hours.

I have not yet seen a notification from the neighbour I mentioned yesterday, but will keep my eye on the messages. The difficulty with that is now is bedtime (almost) and it is clear now the news feed stores 10 of each type of the two different messages, so if I do receive another 18 maps while I am asleep, I won't see the names of the first 8.

I watched the news feed behaviour today and 10 map messages from yesterday stayed, while the visit messages updated with the latest 10 as new visitors arrived.

Once I got the two maps just now, the two oldest map messages dropped off the list (EnchantedG, you were the first one to drop off! )

I have seen it written somewhere that the second day the maps arrive in drips and drabs, so I'll check in the morning when I get up and see what my balance is then.

In summary it seems:

• Yes, we receive maps while an expansion is in progress
    • The "day" is 24 hours from the time the request is sent
    • The messages in the news feed are 10 of each, managed separately

I'd like to test that again with a greater number of hours between the daily reset and the sending of the request, as I don't feel 1.5 hours was a sufficient difference as noted above, but I really want to wait to see if there are any maps at all that arrive on day 3.

On a slightly unrelated note - the expansion cost 400,000 then 800,000 to clear the land - the mining expansion at 1 million would have been cheaper! And no maps required!
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    Dee..... I haven't received any map request s from you for about 4 days if that helps your info gathering ...... I check every time I access the game during the day

Also in regards to your last sentence about the land mine I've found the last 2/3 days I'm not getting food only coins, don't know if that's just me or not which is pain as I depend on this mine for extra food just wondering if the game strategy has been changed by TL but will keep a close eye on just what I receive with the pieces ..... I only use the land mine once at a time as I am careful not to close the mine on the last piece I've 340 odd pieces stored now

Edit ..... Just used the land mine and received 1100 of food so scrap the above paragraph ..... I know it's random so must have had a few days of no allocation and now have some life !
    Last edited by pernmagic; 11-22-15 at 03:49 AM.
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Executive Chef
    Hi Pernmagic, you are the second person who says they've not received a request from me, yet I included all neighbours.

Thanks for that information, it is helpful. Another neighbour responded to the request, but have not seen a message yet. They seem to be arriving 2 per hour today, which is interesting.

Re the mining, I had a couple of days with little food too, but it was good today.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, I actually doesn't much about how many maps I receive a day. If I don't have enough then I'll just keep asking my neighbor.

Onto the topic, the routine of request-to-send-an-item (that's include the map) of the day start at reset time and end exactly 24 hours after that. That's mean you can to ask any (or all) of your neighbor for map once a day per neighbor.

But since the neighbor can choose to except your request anytime they wish, if they fail to response to your request on that day, it will continue show up on the following days. And since each player can only response to 1 request from 1 neighbor a day, if you send them new request on the next day with the older request haven't been answered, the newer request will usually take priority (I say this because I have seen some requests from my neighbors that shown it was from about 4 or 5 days ago, although I always accepting them when I see they popped up and I always checking my game multiple times a day). Older request will still show up after all of the newer request had been answered, if they haven't expired.

Also maybe if you've already hit the daily limit, then the neighbor who got the map-request and haven't answered it will have the request preserver to later day, aka it's not showing up for them on that day.

The expiration time of a request I believe is 7 days, same as receiving gift and inviting new neighbor.

Note: From my experiences, the notice systems of the game isn't correctly show all that how many and which neighbor answering your request of the day.
    Last edited by Dragosle; 11-22-15 at 04:28 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I have a theory: not 100 % sure about it. I used to play rs, bs and fs before and the reqs there always worked like this: Ur requests r place/item specific. I can't explain it without example. Say you have 50 maps in hand and need 60 for the expansion. When u want to send out requests u have to click on a specific land area. Say you have x, y and z as possible expansion plot. You send ur requests to all ur nbrs from x. Now u needed only 10 maps for the expansion. If u expand x as soon as u have recieved those 10 maps, then the rest of the maps goes lost. Ur nbrs will still be getting ur requests but the maps will not come to ur storage..they just goes up in air...but if u sent reqs from X but after getting the missing 10 maps expand Y or Z, then ur maps will be gathering in ur storage.

I always do so:send req from a plot but expand another. Don't know if i could explain myself...but ya...that's my believe that if TL maintains the same gameplay routines: then request items r plot/item specific.

Executive Chef
    Hi Dragolse and Jagarjag

I don't think the requests are plot specific in DS - I just request from wherever and often change my mind at the last minute before expanding. I've never noticed any difference, but perhaps that is because I am being very non-specific when I request/expand. I'll pay more attention in future.

Dragolse I'm not sure your description is exactly the way DS works, please see my next testing update for slight variations we have detected.

Executive Chef
    Following on from Test Results: Day 2 now, midway between daily resets, I have 23 maps on hand, which is correct according to the results so far and confirms I received 20 maps on Day 2 of the life of the initial request.

I still have not seen a message from the neighbor who responded to the request on Day 1, but it could have been overwritten by others as I slept.

Another neighbor has confirmed she received my request on Day 2, as a 22 hour old request, about 1 hour AFTER the daily reset. She took particular note because of this testing. The 22 hours is about right given they don't work in half-hour time blocks.

What this means is she did not get the request until Day 2. Somehow the system is delaying sending requests. Note that Pernmagic, above, states she hasn't seen a request from me in days. Is PernMagic being reserved by the system for Day 3, I wonder?

What I can't work out is how the system decides which requests to delay.

I hit the Request button - at that point I have received NO maps although I have a limit of 20 I can receive. So, does the system send out the first 20 and then wait to see if all are responded to? If Yes, don't send any more, if No, send out another batch?

I noticed on Day 2 I would get two, then an hour later another two. Clearly there would be timing differences as I have neighbours all over the world, they wake and sleep and play at different times.

So I got 20 maps on Day 2. Now to keep sitting on my hands for Day 3! It is Day 3 I am really interested in, because I always got maps on Day 2, it was after that I felt I wasn't getting anything.

Dragosle, I am not sure I can wait a whole 7 days to see if I get 177 maps from the initial request! Let's see how we go at today's reset - or 1.5 hours after the reset.
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)

Executive Chef
    Well into Day 3 now and not a map in sight. Will see if any received when I wake up, but so far it seems maps only on Day of Request and the day after, well, with any reliability, anyway. It could be a rolling 24 hours - we shall see.

Will update/edit this in the morning when I have (any) more information.

Edit: Have summarised the results back at the start of the thread to save new readers wading through all the posts if they don't want to. I have also included a pattern of requesting/expanding, based on the findings.

For those following along, please click back to Page 1.

No maps were received on Day 3 up to 12 hours into the new DS day. At that point I sent out a new request, as I have expansions to do, you know! I need maps!

Hope it may have all helped someone.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 11-23-15 at 02:53 PM.

Executive Chef

Final Results and Recommendation

I have updated the first post as well to save people reading all the posts if they do not feel inclined. This is for those who, like me, automatically go to the last page of anything they are following.

The results of testing the Map Requesting/Receiving process are given below:

• Maps are received on the day of the request (Day 1) and the day after (Day 2)
    • No Maps are received on Day 3 (this is not to say they NEVER are, but certainly not dependable)
    • Maps are received, if they have been requested prior, while Expansions are in progress
    • The messages list in the news feed holds 10 each of two different message types

Questions as yet unanswered (need further testing) are:
    • Is the "day" reset to reset OR 24 hours from Request OR a rolling 24 hours?
    • Are all requests that are answered by neighbours ever delivered?

Based on this round of, admittedly elementary, testing and excluding the Arctic Isles factor or Cartographer, Map Quests, prizes or value pack items, for players facing 48 hour expansions and needing 60 maps per expansion, I tentatively recommend the following pattern:

Assume zero maps on hand at start of this pattern
    Day 1 Reset time + 1 minute: send out request
    Day 1 you will receive 20 maps, probably within the first 2 hours
    Day 2 you will receive 20 maps, spread over perhaps 8 hours
    Day 3 Reset time + 1 minute: Send out Request
    Day 3 you will receive 20 maps - after about two hours you will have enough to start the expansion - I suggest WAIT
    Day 4 you will receive 20 maps -
    Day 5 Reset time + 1 minutes: send out request STOP PRESS: The request button disappears after 60 maps on hand, so need to rethink this! See latest info from Roguebee and Jagarjag.
    Day 5 after sending out request, start expansion - this takes 2 days, during which time you cannot request more maps. Your balance of maps will be 20 after the expansion is started
    Day 5 you will receive 20 maps
    Day 6 You will receive 20 maps - you are back up to 60 maps and your expansion will complete on this day
    Day 7 Reset time + 1 minutes: send out Request
    Day 7 After sending out request, start the second expansion - you map balance is now zero
    Day 7 you will receive 20 maps
    Day 8 you will receive 20 maps
    Day 9 Repeat Day 5 and so on

I say tentatively because I haven't done a full test run of this pattern yet, but as a proposal it fits the test results. Consider it yet to be proven.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 11-23-15 at 03:55 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast