Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mystic Maps Requesting/Receiving

Executive Chef

Question Mystic Maps Requesting/Receiving

Results of Tests:

For those who don't want to read through the whole series of posts, the results of testing the Map Requesting/Receiving process are:

• Maps are received on the day of the request (Day 1) and the day after (Day 2)
    • No Maps are received on Day 3 (this is not to say they NEVER are, but certainly not dependable)
    • Maps are received, if they have been requested prior, while Expansions are in progress
    • The messages list in the news feed holds 10 each of two different message types

Questions as yet unanswered (need further testing) are:

• Is the "day" reset to reset OR 24 hours from Request OR a rolling 24 hours?
    • Are all requests that are answered by neighbours ever delivered?

Based on this round of, admittedly elementary, testing and excluding the Arctic Isles factor or Cartographer, Map Quests, prizes or value pack items, for players facing 48 hour expansions and needing 60 maps per expansion, I tentatively recommend the following pattern:

Assume zero maps on hand at start of this pattern
    Day 1 Reset time + 1 minute: send out request
    Day 1 you will receive 20 maps, probably within the first 2 hours
    Day 2 you will receive 20 maps, spread over perhaps 8 hours
    Day 3 Reset time + 1 minute: Send out Request
    Day 3 you will receive 20 maps - after about two hours you will have enough to start the expansion - I suggest WAIT
    Day 4 you will receive 20 maps -
    Day 5 Reset time + 1 minutes: send out request STOP PRESS: The request button disappears after 60 maps on hand, so need to rethink this! See latest info from Roguebee and Jagarjag.
    Day 5 after sending out request, start expansion - this takes 2 days, during which time you cannot request more maps. Your balance of maps will be 20 after the expansion is started
    Day 5 you will receive 20 maps
    Day 6 You will receive 20 maps - you are back up to 60 maps and your expansion will complete on this day
    Day 7 Reset time + 1 minutes: send out Request
    Day 7 After sending out request, start the second expansion - you map balance is now zero
    Day 7 you will receive 20 maps
    Day 8 you will receive 20 maps
    Day 9 Repeat Day 5 and so on

I say tentatively because I haven't done a full test run of this pattern yet, but as a proposal it fits the test results. Consider it yet to be proven.

Original First Post:

Does anyone know exactly how the routine works?

I know that we can receive 20 maps "per day" (or is it actually 21?) but is this per 24 hour cycle or 24 hours from reset time to reset time?

Is there a limit on how many map requests a player can respond to a day?

Do the requests expire after 48 hours and if so, when does that 48 hours start? Reset time or the time of the request?

The reason I ask is I respond to every map request I get from my neighbours, but I only sometimes seem to get the full 20 maps in the 24 hours after a request and I wonder if this has to do with the time I send the request - i.e. maybe by the time I send my request, being in a different time zone than many of my neighbours, they have already responded to 20 map requests and don't actually receive any more requests that day to respond to.

I sent out a request about 5 hours ago. I have received 10 maps, according to my news feed. Prior to that, I had not received a map for over two days, according to my News Feed. I had specifically delayed, trying to see if I could work out how the system works.

At other times, I have received 20 maps in the space of 30 minutes, when I used to send requests just after the reset time. However, I never receive maps on day 3 after a request, so to get 60 maps for one expansion I have to send out two requests timed more than two days apart.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 11-23-15 at 03:54 PM.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Fashion Designer
    Hmm... I feel ya. Idk - it is a bit confusing at times on how it works exactly. But whatever you're doing, I'm doing it the same way. It takes me about 4 days (estimate - sometimes longer because I forget to request them or just don't feel like clicking all those boxes...) just to get enough maps and clear one space of land. ����

Executive Chef
    Glad it isn't just me, BlackenedDove. Was starting to think I was going daft!

Executive Chef
    You could get 21 maps per day (reset to reset) if you ask Stormie only after 20 requests have been filled because if Stormie beats your neighbors and accepts your request before you've got 20, you won't get that extra piece since it will count towards the daily limit.

The requests expire after 7 days and I don't think there is a limit on how many requests a player can accept in a day, but one reason why less people accept leftover requests from the day/days before might be because they don't show up in the news feed at all times. There are instances where I would accept all my neighbor's requests at one go but then more would show up later after I've gifted gold to my exchange buddies and these are usually the ones that are days old.

Executive Chef
    PepperWoo, I get new requests to respond to every time I log into the game. During a tournament that could be 10 times in one day (I always close the game after I've finished a session). I've never counted how many requests I Receive a day, but I will do so from reset time tonight.

Interesting pointbre Stormie, thanks for the tip!

I don't understand why people would not accept old requests. What would be the reason?
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    It's not that people wouldn't accept old requests, but maybe the one who requested it already hit the daily limit so fast that his/her other neighbors weren't able to accept them on the same day. The unaccepted requests will then be carried out to those neighbors next reset but like I said above, it doesn't always show up at least in my experience. Weird stuff this request thing. xD

Executive Chef
    VERY weird!

Rhino Keeper
    Just to add, I sent a request just last night to all my neighbors after not sending any requests for about 4-6 days (been too busy in my real life, lol) and was told not all my friends received requests because I had already sent them a request. But I've been sitting at 28 maps for several days now.

Executive Chef
    No maps arrive while waiting for expansion to complete. Requests don't seem to sit in a queue. Otherwise, I would probably have 20-30 maps when my expansion is completed and I've waited a day to ask neighbors again.

Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    No maps arrive while waiting for expansion to complete. Requests don't seem to sit in a queue. Otherwise, I would probably have 20-30 maps when my expansion is completed and I've waited a day to ask neighbors again.
    If you haven't completely expanded your Arctic Isles, you can make requests while you have an expansion on the main island going, but I finished that long while ago..but I was doing that way back when
    Island: FatherOfDragons
    Level 190
    -346 unique dragons
    -14/15 Diamond dragons
    -2 LV 15 Diamond Dragons
    -36/38 Champion Dragons
    -LV 15 Templar Dragon
    -LV 15 Warrior Queen Dragon
    -11/11 gold producing dragons
    -tres comas coin club

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast