Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Thanksgiving County Fair - Nov 18 2015

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnny2good View Post
    All the darts that I found when my balloons were unpopped were lost. They were never credited to my total. Dumb bug or dumb programming?
    Let's see if I can explain this, because I still have all my unused darts.

1. Normally, you receive 3 free darts per 24-hour period.

2. If you received a dart from the turkey, it was added to your total, BUT in exchange, you did not receive one (or more) of the free darts you would normally receive. For example, if you started off with 0 darts, having used them all up, and then you got 1 from the turkey that you did not use immediately, after the Treehouse reset you would have the 1 that the turkey gave you and receive only 2 free darts. Likewise, if you had 2 from the turkey, you received only 1 free one, and if you had 3 (or more) from the turkey, you received no additional free darts.

Unless something has happened since I played this morning before work, I should still have 10 darts, all received (and unused) from the turkey. I haven't gotten any free darts since I started holding onto the turkey's darts.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Let's see if I can explain this, because I still have all my unused darts.

1. Normally, you receive 3 free darts per 24-hour period.

2. If you received a dart from the turkey, it was added to your total, BUT in exchange, you did not receive one (or more) of the free darts you would normally receive. For example, if you started off with 0 darts, having used them all up, and then you got 1 from the turkey that you did not use immediately, after the Treehouse reset you would have the 1 that the turkey gave you and receive only 2 free darts. Likewise, if you had 2 from the turkey, you received only 1 free one, and if you had 3 (or more) from the turkey, you received no additional free darts.

Unless something has happened since I played this morning before work, I should still have 10 darts, all received (and unused) from the turkey. I haven't gotten any free darts since I started holding onto the turkey's darts.
    Oh I am still so confused about saving the turkey darts. LOL So do you just stay away from the treehouse while you are collecting the darts? When I click on the treehouse, then I can only use the 'turkey' dart if my treehouse hasn't reset. If I open my treehouse and it has reset, then I only get 3 darts. So I am assuming that you don't tap and open the treehouse?? Also, where are your 10 turkey darts? Are they in your barn?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi111 View Post
    Oh I am still so confused about saving the turkey darts. LOL So do you just stay away from the treehouse while you are collecting the darts? When I click on the treehouse, then I can only use the 'turkey' dart if my treehouse hasn't reset. If I open my treehouse and it has reset, then I only get 3 darts. So I am assuming that you don't tap and open the treehouse?? Also, where are your 10 turkey darts? Are they in your barn?
    Let's try this again...

Normal situation:

I go to the tree house. The timer starts counting down from 24:00:00. I have 3 darts. Once I use them, unless I buy more, that's all the darts I have for the day. I will need to wait a full 24 hours until the tree house resets, at which point I receive 3 more free darts.

Current situation:

I go to the tree house. The timer starts counting down from 24:00:00. I have 3 darts. Once I use them, I can't do anything else. However, I tap on a turkey and receive a dart. I have two options: use the dart immediately, or hold onto it. I choose to hold onto it. In the course of the 24 hours, I receive 3 more darts from tapping turkeys, giving me 4 darts total. When the 24 hours end, I still have 4 darts. I did not lose any of the darts I received from the turkeys, but I also did not get the 3 free darts I normally get when the tree house resets. As the next 24-hour cycle continues, I get 2 more darts. I don't get any others, so when the tree house resets, I have 6 darts...again, I do not receive the 3 free darts.

I can check my total number of darts in the tree house; I do not need to avoid it. This way I can hold onto the darts until something appears in the tree house that I would especially like to get, such as a pet or a particular decoration (though more likely a pet). The darts do not take up space in the barn; they are waiting for me in the tree house.

Grand Emperor
    @Mitzi111

If you are trying to accumulate your darts, suggest you do this...

Step 1. Go to your tree house after reset - you will get 3 free darts and the timer starts counting down.
    Step 2. Try to catch a turkey for a dart for the remaining 24 hrs.

If you don't get any darts from your turkeys after 23 hrs (or any time just before the tree house reset)
    - Go and use all your darts (as unused darts will be gone after reset but you get 3 free darts after reset)
    - Repeat Step 1 to try again.

If you get dart(s) from your turkeys during 23 hrs
    - Go to your tree house. You will see 3 free darts + X turkey darts = Z (total number of darts which you now own).
    - Do not use these darts if you wish to accumulate darts. You will see Z darts after the tree house resets. From this point onwards, you dont get 3 free darts at each reset.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 11-30-15 at 09:38 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Uh
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    @Mitzi111

If you are trying to accumulate your darts, suggest you do this...

Step 1. Go to your tree house after reset - you will get 3 free darts and the timer starts counting down.
    Step 2. Try to catch a turkey for a dart for the remaining 24 hrs.

If you don't get any darts from your turkeys after 23 hrs (or any time just before the tree house reset)
    - Go and use all your darts (as unused darts will be gone after reset but you get 3 free darts after reset)
    - Repeat Step 1 to try again.

If you get dart(s) from your turkeys during 23 hrs
    - Go to your tree house. You will see 3 free darts + X turkey darts = Z (total number of darts which you now own).
    - Do not use these darts if you wish to accumulate darts. You will see Z darts after the tree house resets. From this point onwards, you dont get 3 free darts at each reset.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks. I think I get it now, but wow that is a confusing combo of situations! And how would we have known how this works? I just assumed I won an extra dart with no stipulations on using it, hence losing 4 or 5 darts Before finally just using them as soon as I got them

Fashion Designer

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Let's try this again...

Normal situation:

I go to the tree house. The timer starts counting down from 24:00:00. I have 3 darts. Once I use them, unless I buy more, that's all the darts I have for the day. I will need to wait a full 24 hours until the tree house resets, at which point I receive 3 more free darts.

Current situation:

I go to the tree house. The timer starts counting down from 24:00:00. I have 3 darts. Once I use them, I can't do anything else. However, I tap on a turkey and receive a dart. I have two options: use the dart immediately, or hold onto it. I choose to hold onto it. In the course of the 24 hours, I receive 3 more darts from tapping turkeys, giving me 4 darts total. When the 24 hours end, I still have 4 darts. I did not lose any of the darts I received from the turkeys, but I also did not get the 3 free darts I normally get when the tree house resets. As the next 24-hour cycle continues, I get 2 more darts. I don't get any others, so when the tree house resets, I have 6 darts...again, I do not receive the 3 free darts.

I can check my total number of darts in the tree house; I do not need to avoid it. This way I can hold onto the darts until something appears in the tree house that I would especially like to get, such as a pet or a particular decoration (though more likely a pet). The darts do not take up space in the barn; they are waiting for me in the tree house.
    aha! i see. thanks for this explanation. I wish I had understood this early on because Mr. Turkey gave me lots of darts. Oh well, I'll know for next time

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi111 View Post
    Uh

Thanks. I think I get it now, but wow that is a confusing combo of situations! And how would we have known how this works? I just assumed I won an extra dart with no stipulations on using it, hence losing 4 or 5 darts Before finally just using them as soon as I got them
    I learnt the workings of the tree house from buying many prizes with purchased darts. For those who didn't, I suppose it would be tough to know..

Well, that's one purpose of this forum - it enables the FS2 community to share tips/advises with fellow farmers. Sometimes we learn new things, sometimes we give tips. We all can tap into each other's knowledge and learn from each other, and make the game easier. Many thanks to all who had contributed, past and present.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by noemata View Post
    I don't know about you guys/gals...
    I would like the TURKEYS to remain on the farms like the moles and butterflies after this event is over!!!
    Me, too. I love having the turkey appear on the farm. It seems so fitting & he has given out some great gifts. I love the challenge in trying to find him, too!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TeabytheSea3 View Post
    Me, too. I love having the turkey appear on the farm. It seems so fitting & he has given out some great gifts. I love the challenge in trying to find him, too!
    Well, it looks like the Turkeys have disappeared along with the fairgrounds, and the option to buy the Turkey Crossing sign. Oh, well. Really, though, since some have roast turkey for Christmas as well as Thanksgiving, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to let the turkeys continue to roam around. However...

Since the turkeys ARE gone, perhaps another animal can replace it? Not for collections, like the moles, butterflies, and otters, but to drop random low-level prizes (and the occasional high one, like a dart). A wild pheasant might be believable (perhaps a partridge), or maybe a squirrel. But some animal that we can search for now and again.

Grand Emperor
    Here are a few suggestions to prepare for next event.

Not sure what type of event will the next event be but no harm preparing for it in the mean time..
    1. earn coins (events always use up coins).
    2. send trains to earn gems (in case the event needs items that cost gems).
    3. stock up mining tools.

For some who have not done so, to do the following...
    4. expand to the pond.
    5. expand to the mine.
    6. get at least 1 bait shop, 2 bait shops if possible.
    7. get these buildings (kitchen, bakery, windmill, fryer, dairy, chocolatier, studio)
    8. get 2 sheep pens.
    9. get maximum number of orange trees allowed at your level.
    10. to be at least level 16 to 19 to participate in events.

FYI new players: It's good to check event thread during an event when you are unsure of how to proceed with the event. You may also find great tips share by fellow farmers. The event information is usually posted on the first page of the event thread. Read the event information and if you have any questions, post in the event thread. We have players here who can help you.

Thanks to the continuous effort of all players who posted event information, we can share this information with each other instead of playing individually.

Happy Farming

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516