Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transferring to new iPad Air 2

Transferring to new iPad Air 2

I have followed instructions as posted but when I get to where it says game progress can be transferred to this device and it says Proceed I get a warning message " you have not yet set up a password on your current account and will not be able to access it after the transfer" I'm not sure what to do. Do they mean a password on the new device somewhere? I'm confused and I need help please 😳😳

The Honorable Panda
    Before transferring your games from one device to another, make sure on your old device, you have set up a storm ID plus a password for that storm ID.
    You can do this under your castle game under the menu-help section.
    If you have set up a new storm ID on your new iPad, you will not be able transfer your games over. You will need to send an email to support@storm8.com and an agent will be able to assist in the transfer.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Thanks so much for the reply. I am however still having trouble. I already had/have a storm ID with a password. I went in again on old device, it says I do have id and a password, went ahead and changed password, went to new device followed steps put in password, screen comes up games to be transferred, games to be overwritten ( couple I downloaded) click proceed and it gives me the message I posted. Anything else I should try?

The Honorable Panda
    I have not seen this before, I am checking on this.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by mrsrobinson89 View Post
    Thanks so much for the reply. I am however still having trouble. I already had/have a storm ID with a password. I went in again on old device, it says I do have id and a password, went ahead and changed password, went to new device followed steps put in password, screen comes up games to be transferred, games to be overwritten ( couple I downloaded) click proceed and it gives me the message I posted. Anything else I should try?

That message you have in your original post just means you haven't started a new game on your new device yet. If you want a 2nd game to play you can start CS on your new device until you get to the point of naming your kingdom, setting your ID & password for the new iPad.

If you don't care about having a 2nd account just continue logging into your old game.
    Last edited by meme1098; 11-16-15 at 08:07 PM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

It says the name has already been taken. I don't want a new game I only want my old game. I even put in the password for my old game under the new game (they let you do that even though you don't have an ID) that wasn't any help either. Still waiting on any other suggestions.

This is for IOS:

I go back & forth just about everyday to give myself gifts, etc.

On your new device, use RS, BS, or other game with the login feature, tap the S8 icon in the upper right corner.

Then tap account settings, tap log into another account.

Type your old S8 ID, then the new password you changed it to, then tap log in.

Tap proceed, if you get the message about not being able to access it, just tap proceed or continue (not sure what your options are)

Install CS on your new device if you haven't already. If it's already installed on your new device, be sure to force close the app. Now when you open CS it should be your old game.

Not sure if Android works the same way but here's the link with all the info:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-Limited-Games!

If you're still having problems, send an email to support with as much info about your old game as possible so they can transfer it for you. This could take several days or longer though.

I did all the steps...when you hit proceed there is a pop up window that says what I quoted in the first post with the addition of (let me think) and (proceed) options. Maybe I don't understand what it means by, I won't be able to access "it". .. Is "it" the old game, new game, password? I've been playing for several years and would hate to lose my game or the ability to transfer again if necessary. I very much appreciate your help!!

It means you can't create a new game any longer once you proceed.

If you don't want a new or 2nd game, just tap proceed so you can log into your old game.

All the other old S8 games you had on your old device will now also be available to you. That's what you want to do, right? Get to your old game? Then you have to tap proceed.
    Last edited by meme1098; 11-18-15 at 02:27 PM.

When you say it like that it makes sense! Thanks so much for your patience!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast