Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic in the Arena

Executive Chef

Magic in the Arena

Edit: There is a slight pause on my work on this as I am staying OUT of the arena until the new dragon arrives - I now have two Sweet Tooth and don't need more clutter in storage.

As many of you know, I've been curious about the difference in strike types in the arena and at least one other player has a similar interest: you know who you are but I have forgotten your name, I hope you see this.

I have started taking notes. My first observation was that Splatter, a Rainbow/Red, uses blue magic. I was up against Lunar Rainbow and noticed blue is weak against Rainbow type.

I've noticed that when I use Champion against Rainbow, invariably the magic strike is weak, but the bash takes out the opponent. I just fought Triple Rainbow and it dawned on me. Warrior Prince uses black magic. Black as a colour is weak against Rainbow, but the Champion type is strong against Rainbow. I won't bother using magic against a Rainbow type again when using Warrior Prince. Do all champs use black magic? He is the only one I've used in the Arena, so I can't compare. My Gilded Knight is going to level 10 today, but I don't think I've used him before.

I think the type of magic is important.

I would be interested in any research contributions from other players. Who else is interested in this investigation?
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 11-12-15 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Typo correction, added update
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Executive Chef
    All of my champs use black magic.

Executive Chef
    Thanks Belarica. I thought they probably did, but there was a chance of red as well, given champs can split when used as parents etc etc.

I notice Olympus use pink magic.

Executive Chef
    I've found the basic type of the champs in regards to magic or fighting strength, say GA is dominant magic where Battlesteed is pure fighting strength plus the black/ red colour also makes a difference but RS and Highlander can use magic or bash strength depending on opponent ..... Can't be any clearer at the moment as still investigating
    You have an interesting theory which I will try out but I have a gut feeling there is also an individual randomness for given us by TL on our account but cannot prove it yet
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Fashion Designer
    I can only add it really seems random, I use all "bash" not magic, I have not used any ultimates in the last 4 tourneys, but I have had champ level 14 knocked our when it had a 85% chance of winning, I think it's totally random, just my opinion

Executive Chef
    Thanks Pernmagic. Yes, it is difficult to prove from a distance.

I know it was said a couple of years ago there was no difference, but I am suggesting there has been an enhancement to the logic behind the Arena.

Interesting battles I had today. One involved Landworm. I was up against a purple/green dragon. Best against green is red, best against purple is green. Landworm is red/green. I need to repeat the battle - hard to do, of course! Impossible unless I'm thrown the same opponent again. Will see. I should have written my observations down at the time but I was leaving the house and got sidetracked. I remember thinking the outcome fitted my theory.

Investigations continue!

Executive Chef
    Lorentw you could be right, but totally random is unlikely. But interesting that you never use magic and results appear random to you, whether they are or not in reality. Thank you for that information, it is helpful!

Happy to contribute to any research. In my experience I haven't noticed any Champs that have anything other than Black magic.

Should we start recording the colour of the Magic hit for each dragon? And whether the hit was a strong or weak hit?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zaccy678 View Post
    Happy to contribute to any research. In my experience I haven't noticed any Champs that have anything other than Black magic.

Should we start recording the colour of the Magic hit for each dragon? And whether the hit was a strong or weak hit?
    I think we should Zaccy, if you have the time. I realise not everyone does. Let's use the Champ as an example to illustrate - if we find the magic is consistently weak against Rainbow, for example.

I just took Warrior Prince in against Pearl and used the bash - KO. Next Rainbow that pops up I'm going to use the magic and see the comparison - I'm predicting it will be weak, based on my opening example.

My preference is always to use magic first (totally if possible) unlike lorentw above who always uses bash - this may be why I was thinking Champs weren't as useful as everyone says!

Fashion Designer
    So far, I have noticed that whichever color the dragon has "first" is the same as it's magic. Take Forestfire for example. He is Red/Green. In the arena he uses fire magic. My Camelot, which is yellow/red, uses "air" magic. All the diamonds that I have use the light type magic from what I remember. None of their magic has a color.

So, if this is true, I would say that whichever color the dragon has as it's first color will be the same as their magic type. Just my observation.
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast