Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: World Event: Candy Carnival (IOS)

Executive Chef
    Extremely disappointed that the habitat is to be purchased with gems. Since I have been playing (Feb.) I believe that we have received a habitat with each world event, please correct me if I am wrong. They could have at least made it available with coins, as many of us are just sitting on coins with nothing to spend them on. Okay so I do appreciate that we aren't forced to purchase the gem habitat as all the new animals are regular elements, but they can't be housed together.... Unless you purchase the 200 gem habitat. I wonder if TL is experiencing a drop in gem sales as many are holding out for Black Friday and figured this would be a little boost, because some of course will have to have it and spend the gems now. Oh well it's just a game, I'm sure at some point I'll have enough and stop playing all together, as I find myself as of late playing less and less.

Rhino Keeper
    I wonder why this theme right now... I was hoping for a Thanksgiving themed event. Oh well. I don't care much about the poodle, but I'll try my best and contribute till the end for the community prizes, anyway.

Hey guys. Just wanted you to know that I've been filming a short film for 36 straight hours (it's a university contest), and I'll have to edit it for a few more hours. Soooo... I won't be able to update the OP for a while I'll try to put some basic info and I'll finish tomorrow. Sorry!
    matiasabad94

level 75

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    This is certainly a SWEET theme!

Boy, am I glad that I heeded ninasidstorm8's advice: I planted Rune Prunes on the 5 grand farms that I currently have. I must see to it that I hurry up with making an expansion so I can get back to having 6 farms ASAP again.
    It is odd that there is no 'free' habitat with a unique 'Candy' element this time, but I guess that means then that these animals must have elements like fire, water and/or electric (as those are the three elements of the special habitat).
    What I'm not so happy with is that the habitat's sale ends BEFORE Black Friday. I would have liked to see if on BF better deals could be had and I was saving up on gems.... Not sure what to do....
    On dragon all habitats usually go on sale for BF and Xmas. It may very well go on sale here too. I don't have space so all of my stuff will go into storage anyways. But thankfully I checked into the game yesterday and had some 20 hour corps going. So I collected from them and will try to see if this will be this first time I won't all four animals.

Individual prizes
    Gumball machine _ 25 Bon-Bons
    Peppermint Platty ( earth/fire) _ 250 Bon-Bons
    Candy cart (decoration) _ 675 Bon-Bons
    Gummy bear ( electric/water) _ 1450 Bon-Bons
    Rock candy rhino ( dark/water) _ 2600 Bon-Bons
    Community prizes
    Sweet steps _ 90,000,000 Bon-Bons
    Lilypop _ 260,000,000 Bon-Bons
    Fluffy ( electric/earth) _ 380,000,000 Bon-Bons

Rhino Keeper
    The theme is pretty SWEET! :P

Not sure I'll be able to get them all this time. I expect to be without internet this weekend which will really slow me down. But thanks to tips from this forum, I was ready with rune prunes for a good start! My favorite is the Peppermint Platty at least, which I'm sure I can get. ^_^ I have mixed feelings on the habitat thing. On the one hand, it's nice not to get bogged down with special elements. On the other hand, since I probably won't be getting the habitat, not sure when I get around to hatching these. XD

Have fun collecting everyone!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ThynaSmith View Post
    I wonder why this theme right now... I was hoping for a Thanksgiving themed event. Oh well. I don't care much about the poodle, but I'll try my best and contribute till the end for the community prizes, anyway.
    Sadly, even in the U.S, Thanksgiving is pretty much viewed as a non-event. It is greatly overshadowed by Halloween (tremendous commercial value) and Christmas (morphed into a commercial enterprise and ignoring the original meaning). Because there is not much commercial value to Thanksgiving - other than maybe some plane tickets and a select number of foods, it is ignored. As strictly a U.S. holiday, the rest of the world does not celebrate it.

Along this same line, I fully expected something "commercial" as the Christmas entry here. Sweet Sugar candy items fit the non-denominational, politically correct, commercial theme. Too "sweet" for my tastes.

I would much rather see the seasons -as the autumn creatures were. Autumn Harvest - the culmination of a year's efforts, Winter's short, dark days -time for close family support and thought, Spring -all the promise of a bright future and Summer - a season of hard work and pride in pulling together in accomplishment. Though the seasons worldwide are not the same -either in timeframe or purpose, it is a much more universal theme.

Sorry. I am approaching my winter contemplations......

Rhino Keeper
    Have we always received prize (bon-bon in this case) from hatching?
    Currently Playing: Farm Story, Dragon Story, Castle Story, Fantasy Forest Story
    Two accounts feel free to add: Evys_Mom & GCampsen07

Quote Originally Posted by evys_mom View Post
    Have we always received prize (bon-bon in this case) from hatching?
    Yes,we do. 1 bon-bon each hour

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentValley View Post
    Sadly, even in the U.S, Thanksgiving is pretty much viewed as a non-event. It is greatly overshadowed by Halloween (tremendous commercial value) and Christmas (morphed into a commercial enterprise and ignoring the original meaning). Because there is not much commercial value to Thanksgiving - other than maybe some plane tickets and a select number of foods, it is ignored. As strictly a U.S. holiday, the rest of the world does not celebrate it.

Along this same line, I fully expected something "commercial" as the Christmas entry here. Sweet Sugar candy items fit the non-denominational, politically correct, commercial theme. Too "sweet" for my tastes.

I would much rather see the seasons -as the autumn creatures were. Autumn Harvest - the culmination of a year's efforts, Winter's short, dark days -time for close family support and thought, Spring -all the promise of a bright future and Summer - a season of hard work and pride in pulling together in accomplishment. Though the seasons worldwide are not the same -either in timeframe or purpose, it is a much more universal theme.

Sorry. I am approaching my winter contemplations......
    Thanksgiving is celebrated by Canadians, albeit in October and not November. I think the closest we would get to any sort of Thanksgiving theme is the autumn event we had earlier. And I do hope for a Christmas world event and not a trio!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast