Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cookbook! - Organized by Appliance.

Didn't buy with coins? Looks like gems then. Mm, I don't like showing them that their Pay 2 Win (or basically Pay 2 Play at this point) tactic is working.

Coconuts are 24 coins per, 45 minute restock.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by goombajoe View Post
    Didn't buy with coins? Looks like gems then. Mm, I don't like showing them that their Pay 2 Win (or basically Pay 2 Play at this point) tactic is working.

Same here, hate to give them the satisfaction. I'm a bit slower, but it's more rewarding.

thank you for info!

Quote Originally Posted by CammoAmmo View Post
    Same here, hate to give them the satisfaction. I'm a bit slower, but it's more rewarding.
    and, we all have different ways to play. and we all have different bases for our way.
    someone cannot spend money, someone doesn't do it out of principle, someone spends money for what he wants.
    i was buying gems from time to time before crisis in my country, and was spending it to decor etc... i was working, and could let myself to do what i want when i had free time. i cannot any more, but i don't mind others still can, lol rather, i'm really thankful because we can have info for guidance much earlier than if we all waited for coins income in this game - especially in so dramatical conditions s8 made for us by increasing rates way to higher than it needs to be...

Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    so dramatical conditions s8 made for us by increasing rates way to higher than it needs to be...
    That's what I'm saying is the problem though. They put the prices so high so people say "this is ridiculous" and just buy gems to speed it up. Which then motivates S8 to set prices even higher and make important drops even more rare - so more people buy gems. It's a vicious cycle and the only way out is to not play their way.

The ONE time I bought gems, I lost them all in a matter of hours to gem traps. Never again, this game is designed to suck gems out.

Fashion Designer
    That's what I'm saying is the problem though. They put the prices so high so people say "this is ridiculous" and just buy gems to speed it up. Which then motivates S8 to set prices even higher and make important drops even more rare - so more people buy gems. It's a vicious cycle and the only way out is to not play their way.

The ONE time I bought gems, I lost them all in a matter of hours to gem traps. Never again, this game is designed to suck gems out.
    While I agree that prices could be pretty high on items, I think that this was intend to slow down players from rushing through the game. Some people can check the game often and level up pretty fast, and if the appliences and recipes would cost not as much then those people would just rush through the game and then they won't be interested in it anymore. So the prices kind of balance the pace of the game. I don't think you should be able to buy every recipe and appliences on the same level you unlock them, I think it's okay if you have to wait sometimes few days or even week in order to buy something. Not saying that the company don't want to get money from players - of course they want to and there are people who are impatient and don't mind paying money for gems, but it doesn't mean it's impossible to get money and buy stuff by just cooking dishes. In fact, I think in this game money come around pretty fast, even on lower levels. Thinking about lower levels in rs2, when I had problems with money, I wasn't able to by all appliences and recipes as soon as I unlock them. A lot of the recipes (at least 15 of them) I learnt being on max level (49 at that time).
    I do think though that gem traps in this game is pretty intense, better than it was before, but still pretty easy to accidentally spend some gems. And the amount of gems required to restock items is pretty high, so that's the reason I don't want to spend money on this game :> But I personally enjoy progressing through the game at my own pace and don't mind waiting some time to buy recipe or appliences, it makes the game more exciting and challenging for me!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by catfoodie View Post
    While I agree that prices could be pretty high on items, I think that this was intend to slow down players from rushing through the game. Some people can check the game often and level up pretty fast, and if the appliences and recipes would cost not as much then those people would just rush through the game and then they won't be interested in it anymore. So the prices kind of balance the pace of the game. I don't think you should be able to buy every recipe and appliences on the same level you unlock them, I think it's okay if you have to wait sometimes few days or even week in order to buy something. Not saying that the company don't want to get money from players - of course they want to and there are people who are impatient and don't mind paying money for gems, but it doesn't mean it's impossible to get money and buy stuff by just cooking dishes. In fact, I think in this game money come around pretty fast, even on lower levels. Thinking about lower levels in rs2, when I had problems with money, I wasn't able to by all appliences and recipes as soon as I unlock them. A lot of the recipes (at least 15 of them) I learnt being on max level (49 at that time).
    I do think though that gem traps in this game is pretty intense, better than it was before, but still pretty easy to accidentally spend some gems. And the amount of gems required to restock items is pretty high, so that's the reason I don't want to spend money on this game :> But I personally enjoy progressing through the game at my own pace and don't mind waiting some time to buy recipe or appliences, it makes the game more exciting and challenging for me!
    I agree that the prices are fair, but it just seems like S8 doesn't know how to soften the blow for many things, if that makes sense. Other games require the same amount of days to get money for an item or new expansion, but it seems fair when you wait a couple days in those games. On this game, for some reason it seems unreasonable. I think it may be because the value of an individual coin is so low- something that would make sense to be priced at say 50k costs 500k instead. If it took longer to earn coins but prices were lower I think it would seem fairer. But what really seems to suck are the holiday events. There is a very large bug but no fix for many days and no compensation and our rewards are items that can be bought for around 10-50 coins in the market (except for one gingerbread man). These holiday events are still great features, but some parts just give a sour taste.

Fashion Designer
    Looking at the ingredients for raspberry galette makes me think that it must make quite a lot of coins...4 butter and 5 raspberries takes up all of my butter stock and would take 2 collections of raspberry alone... I'm assuming the learn price is about 600-700k as the lemon meringue is 800 and snowball cake was 500- might hold off on the recipe simply because I need butter for peanut butter balls instead, but I have a feeling it might be a very high coin one.

@LP

i have a feeling that they are making changes while running...

pb&j cake:
    was: 810srv / $6'480 (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1215871)
    now: 800srv / $6'400 (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1228402)

coconut vanilla latte:
    was: 690srv
    now: 700srv
    (my one is still locked, but i compare my old screenshots with wht i have now in barista menu)

mocha frappe:
    was: 656 / $1'313 for Artisan (means 625 / 1'250 initial) (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1217682)
    now: 630 / $1'260 for Artisan (means 600 / 1'200 initial) (can show you my screenshot)

creme brulee:
    was: 650srv (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1208118)
    now: 660srv (still need abt half value to learn it. when i do, i'll catch a screen)

scone:
    was: 675 / $2700
    now: 700 / $2800

fruit blintz:
    was: 725 / $2900
    now: 720 / $2880

cupcake:
    was: 550 (artisan: 578)
    now: 600 (artisan: 630)

strawberry tiramisu:
    was: 650
    now: 660

(all incomes - if not stated above - to change respectively)

... and who knows wht more we miss?..
    will try to note whether experience drops changed too...

d a m n... we have not yet properly done all we had - and now we have to change all over figures!
    i'm starting to loose patience...

(btw, u've got mail)
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 12-29-15 at 02:26 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Wow that's rather infuriating... sorry for you guys who have been working so hard to make cookbooks and tutorials and now have to go back and change everything . Thank you for your hard work!

u r welcome guys!
    i just hope they won't start to change ingredients in recipes, like they did with rs2!

meanwhile, if u have time, wd be great if u all cd note experience points from serving a.m. recipes - so we can compare and see whether they changed it too.

(since developers don't seem to give us kinda list of wht they changed in such a principal things, we will have to find it out by ourselves...)

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast