Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Storage issues

Fashion Designer

Storage issues

I can see I'm going to hit a brick wall soon and game play will come to a complete stop. Why would you put both cooking items and upgrade items in the same storage areas? It's not big enough for both. At least Restaurant story 2 has 2 separate storage areas, because it's needed. I'm only at level 10 and haven't opened the coffee shop yet and I'm already having a really hard time being able to buy enough cooking items to actually make a recipe. Some of these recipes call for several items and I can't hold them all in order to make it. My coffee shop will be ready in just a few minutes but I'm dreading it cause I won't have space to buy anything from it. This really needs to be changed.

Especially since I can already tell that you will need more and more upgrade items the further you level up. I don't want to have to make the choice to either hold food and delete all upgrade items so I can make money, or not buy food in order to hold all the upgrade items. Should have to make that choice. If it comes to that I'll just stop playing as it will simply be too frustrating.

Also needs to be an easier way to get needed upgrade items than the occasional gift from that person or to go orders. Especially with such limited space. I can't afford to get a bunch of one item and keep waiting to get the one item I need just to upgrade something. Needs to not be random. I'd love to upgrade my storage shelves but I keep getting coin from the random people and am waiting on the shelf thing. Until I get the shelf item to use to upgrade with I'm rather stuck already. I shouldn't already be stuck at level 10. It's only going to get worse from here.

Also the cost to "unlock" a new recipe is way too high. We have to pay lots for the new machine/building, then pay to unlock the new ingredients. I finally do that and get what I need to make the new item only to be slapped with a message saying I can't make cause I don't have the several thousand coin to make it. Are you serious? Now I'm stuck with ingredients taking up space that I can't use until I make more money, but I can't make any other recipes cause my storage is full with the ingredients I can't use. It's way too frustrating. I don't want to trash the new ingredients since they cost so much money to unlock in the first place. So it's too much of a lose, lose situations. Makes the game not fun.

What I hate about the storage, too, is that if you want to clear anything out - you have to delete ALL of it. You can't just go "Oh, 4 eggs - I'll delete 2". Why make it different to RS2, where it works just fine?

Fashion Designer
    I agree. I learned this the hard way. I don't understand why they thought it was good to force you to throw away all of one item. Makes me not want to throw anything away, but at the same time my storage stays so full that I'm having to buy only the items needed for a specific recipe when I'm ready to use them. It's very frustrating.

Executive Chef
    Definitely need seperate storage for parts, almost half my storage right now is filled with parts all except the shelf need to increase storage.

The Honorable Panda
    Since the game is brand new, we will probably be seeing some changes in the game soon.
    Thanks for providing this great feedback on the storage.
    I will pass this over.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Agreed! 1. Separate food and upgrade parts in the pantry 2. Give is the ability to delete 1item at a time instead of all items when full

Executive Chef
    Upgrade parts really need to be seperate. Currently have over 10 thank notes plus other items taking up storage space. Not being able to delete just 1 item makes storage management difficult.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdeda View Post
    Upgrade parts really need to be seperate. Currently have over 10 thank notes plus other items taking up storage space. Not being able to delete just 1 item makes storage management difficult.
    When I hit pantry max, I delete the pantry item that takes the shortest time to replenish. This is my workaround to game. Hopefully we will be able to delete by quantity soon.

My girlfriend and I agree with what others here have said about storage:
    1. There needs to be separate storage for update items and ingredients.
    2. There needs to be an option to delete individual items in storage.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    When I hit pantry max, I delete the pantry item that takes the shortest time to replenish. This is my workaround to game. Hopefully we will be able to delete by quantity soon.
    Yes, I've done that too if need be, but if try to not even keep the short restock items in my pantry only purchasing when needed for a recipe. My storage capacity is currently 50, can't increase it yet because I don't have the shelves. In fact I am missing 1 item from every expansion possible to use any of the expansion items. I'm currently sitting w 22 items in my pantry, taking up almost half of my capacity.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast