Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: So What Are Your Thoughts On BS2?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    As you level up, higher profit recipes are available to you so you will be able to earn more coins to learn recipes. I guess the high cost of learning is one of the game challenges. Dont give up, keep going.
    Sorry, rynetory, I've got to agree with seesters. The costs in this game ARE too high, IMO. Some of the recipes may have a higher plate price as you level up, but then the cost to do just about anything skyrockets too. Instead of 250K - 300K coins, we're looking at 1M+

I'm at level 28 and there aren't really that many "higher profit" recipes available. PB balls at 6pts and the 2 cakes at 8 pts and ... well that's about it. The newest main recipe I've come across is only 5 pts (raspberry galette) and that's the same amount as the previous recipe for that appliance (creme brulee) but it costs $350K to unlock the new ingredients plus IIRK >$1M to unlock the recipe. So after saving and saving and waiting and waiting to open that new recipe, players wind up with something that's no better than the recipes they already have for the same appliance.

I thought the new short-term goals (the Marshmallow ones) might add a bit of fun, but that goal chain is growing tedious because it relies so heavily on one ingredient through all the goals. I thought BS2 would be a fun little game to play in my downtime, but it's kind of dull at the moment...just waiting around for ingredients to be dropped or available to buy after hours and hours, and then having only enough to able to make just 1-2 batches of homemade ingredients and THAT's only enough to maybe make only one recipe, when the current goal requires like 30 batches, and no real ability to earn more of the limited ingredient (since any chance to earn more requires recipes that use the same exact ingredient)

So, IMO the "value" does not get better as you go further in the game. In fact, the long wait times and cook times and high costs makes the game more tedious. I hope the designers take a look and reevaluate the value structure of the game to make it more interesting with the next update.

Grand Emperor
    We have less than 25 recipes in the game. If the cost of unlocking and learning is greatly lowered to enable you to learn a new recipe a day, I'm wondering if players would be bored after 25 days? I agree the cost of learning and unlocking is high but that is one of the challenges of the game. However I totally understand if that can be too challenging for some. As for me, I need at least 1.5 million coins and I am enjoying the process of earning it. Hope you are enjoying your game. Cheers.

Farm Supplier
    If the cost of unlocking and learning is greatly lowered to enable you to learn a new recipe a day, I'm wondering if players would be bored after 25 days? I agree the cost of learning and unlocking is high but that is one of the challenges of the game. However I totally understand if that can be too challenging for some.
    Not challenging...Boring LOL

I understand your point about not having everything in the game progress so quickly that people are able to fly through recipes and get bored.

But it seems like the delay for new ingredients/recipes is already built into the game, through the levels. Players have to work hard and complete a lot of goals/bakes/etc to gain experience points to get to new levels.

So we already have to wait until we progress in the game before we can access access new things. So for some of the recipes in the upper levels, players have to wait, playing a long time before they can access them. But once a player reaches the level to have access to them, for me, I'd prefer to be able to unlock them relatively quickly, through earning money, completing goals, etc. So say if there's a new recipe and ingredient for it that shows up at a level, if it costs 300K coins to unlock the ingredient and 300,000 coins to unlock the recipe, that's still a lot of bakes to access those (say an average of 5 coins per plate, that's 120,000 plates) and say there's a new appliance needed for that recipe for maybe 500,000 coins (so another 100,000 plates) That's still a lot of baking and activity that probably will take a few days or longer. But it's doable and fun, because you're not just waiting and waiting.

But when the cost to do just about anything is 1M+ (and to bake a new recipe takes new ingredients + appliances + recipe, each with its own high cost) and the plate values don't go up accordingly, then everything just grinds to a halt and it gets less enjoyable. And sometimes there are several things requiring so many coins that take days and days and days to accumulate so that it's hard to even keep track of what we're trying to earn coins for. Was it 1M to unlock a recipe? or 500K for an ingredient? or 2M to expand?

As a suggestion, maybe they could look at improving the plate value for some of the recipes to keep better balance between earning capabilty and costs, but maybe also have some variety in the costs of unlocking ingredients/recipes/appliances/expansions. So maybe have some that are still high, but others that are lower, so that players could choose..."do I want to do these two 250K things right now? or do I want to keep saving for the one 1.75M thing?"

PROS:
    - I love the graphics! They are colorful and very smooth looking.
    - Diversity of customers.
    - Customers use utensils to eat.
    - It looks like customers are either taking pictures of the dessert or taking "selfies."
    - Food does not spoil.
    - Holiday quests are fun.
    - Receive gifts from to-go orders
    - Keeps making money even if I'm away, but not enough to make me love it.

CONS:
    - Some items are overpriced and we don't get paid enough for the goods we're selling. It's annoying to have to pay thousand of coins to unlock an item (like peanuts) and then pay another hundreds of thousands to learn the recipe! It's even worse when you have to buy a new appliance, then you have to buy the item to use with that appliance, and finally pay to learn the recipe on that same appliance!!! If items like vanilla are going to cost millions to unlock and millions more to learn the recipe, then we should also be making thousands of coins for each good we're selling. And to top it off store expansions will have you bankrupt. Right now it just feels like a ripoff!

- Storage limit is ridiculous. How can you store food items and bricks/baskets/shelf's in the same place! It's not fair that these things are all stored together and then counted against the storage space. You would probably tell me to wait patiently for customers to gift me items to increase my storage but those things don't come quick enough! And if I do receive a gift sometimes I have to delete food items in orders to make room for those the gifts that I need to upgrade my storage. It's maddening. I feel like I'm going in circles. Why is there even storage limit in the first place??

- Stock limit and restocking time are terrible. I can't believe that each store (Fruit Stand, Dry Goods, General Store, etc) has a stock limit that has to be increased individually. Why not have 1 requirement to increase stock simultaneously throughout the stores? Why make us increase stock individually when we already have ridiculous storage space and have to wait hours for some items to restock. It's like running in circles again! It couldn't be more obvious that they're trying to make it impossible to play the game without having to buy coins/gems with actual money.

- Some items (like the coffee cart) can't be removed. One of the quests required the placement of the coffee cart. Afterwards when I tried to remove it to make space for a new appliance I noticed that I couldn't remove it. Why? What's the point of the coffee cart if it's not going to produce anything and just takes up space? If we are forced to have an item in the bakery that we do not want, it should at least produce extra tips or gems. How about 1 gem per hour or at the very least 1 gem per day! How about something that will actually be beneficial to the player rather than another thing to be tortured with?

- Paying to open new shops. Why? Should'nt I get rewarded for leveling up, rather than slapped with a hefty price tag that comes with opening a new shop? It's infuriating. I have to pay thousands (sometimes millions) of coins to open a shop, then another thousands/millions to unlock the item within the new store, then an extra thousands/millions to learn the new recipe, AND if I'm really unlucky I'll even have to buy a new appliance in order to cook that new item. Again it's all a run-around.

- Quickserve requests rarely work. I have at least 15 people in my Facebook friends list who play BakeryStory2 and who I should be able to send requests to, but when I go into the game either none of them show up in the list or only 1 (or max 2) show up at all.

- Quest requires gems. Some quests ask you to place holiday items in the bakery, but you'll need gems to get them! One of the Valentine quests was to place a total of 6 items in the bakery, all of which cost gems.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 02-10-16 at 07:27 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate comment

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with CosmicTeapot's entire post, other than I can't comment on the quickserve requests since I haven't linked to FB, and I don't really mind the side quests for gems. Actually what annoys me about those is that they're cluttering up my goal list.

Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    I agree with CosmicTeapot's entire post, other than I can't comment on the quickserve requests since I haven't linked to FB, and I don't really mind the side quests for gems. Actually what annoys me about those is that they're cluttering up my goal list.
    Even though side quests do not produce enough gems and they hardly come around, I do appreciate that they added it to the game. I'm also annoyed at how the goal list is cluttered with promotional games. We should have the option to reject promotions and have them immediately removed from the list. It's such a nuisance.

Rhino Keeper
    Positives:

More interactive with customers.

Take-out orders make you feel more like you're filling orders than the regular buffet-style service.

Lots of goals.

You never know what's around the corner.

Negatives:

No neighbor features.

Some things are expensive. I like a good challenge but Peanut Butter Balls take 130,000 to open?!

Not an abundance of recipes.

Final Thoughts: This is a good game but could use some improvement to make people feel like switching over to the sequel more. I do like the game over all and looking at its age I think I can let them off for not having too many recipes. They need to add neighbors soon though!

Farm Supplier
    Agree with Sally Brown about the promotional goals. It's too much, all the time.

Yeah, I get that S8 want to push their other games. But having the top 3 goals be ones that are pushing other games (with no reward BTW) is annoying. Especially because there are also ads on the main bakery screen cluttering that up too. Maybe limit it to either the goal list OR the main screen, or just have one or two?
    (I also find the original announcements for these to be annoying. Always Sam yelling "why don't ya try it!" The word is "you" Sam, not "ya". Trying to act all casual about it isn't going to fool anyone.
    If she played every game she claims to love, she'd never have time to mix whatever she's mixing or wave at customers LOL)

The latest quest was pretty well done, though I wish some of the limited time recipes were for higher point dishes.

New Resident
    I've enjoyed game so far and have reached level 18
    But have realised I'm not going to be able to have neighbours 😪 I've played all the story games so why only Facebook users.. I just don't want to join Facebook. So disappointed I'll probably just delete

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    We have less than 25 recipes in the game. If the cost of unlocking and learning is greatly lowered to enable you to learn a new recipe a day, I'm wondering if players would be bored after 25 days? I agree the cost of learning and unlocking is high but that is one of the challenges of the game. However I totally understand if that can be too challenging for some. As for me, I need at least 1.5 million coins and I am enjoying the process of earning it. Hope you are enjoying your game. Cheers.
    I know you have to try and support S8 but the mechanics of BS2 are just badly thought out in so many ways

No the bad earning to cost ratio is not challenging it is just boring. Higher value dishes don't help that much, since you're limited by the number of visitors you get per hour anyway. As an example I'm lvl36 at at this point in time I need around 13million+ to catch up a stove i have unlocked but can't buy and a lot of unlearnt recipes. With my counters stacked I only make about 120k a day. In 3 lvls I have to pay around 8 mill to unlock another shop. So far I have managed to expand once and it will be probably 9-12 months before I can expand again at this rate. That is just ridiculous..

On top of this the pantry is terribly designed, no separation for expansion mats or event items. If I want to make space I can't just delete a few extra blueprints or whatever I have to delete the whole lot......just bad...

The ultimate disappointment for me was that they didn't follow RS2 with the buying styles idea rather than the old buying individual furniture thing. That was bad in BS and RS and it's still bad. I now have counters I can never take out of my bakery because I can't change the style or move the food on them, as a result I'll never bother that much with the decorating. I might spend gems to buy a style but i will never spend gems on individual items.

The events are barely worth doing. Even when they do give a recipe, it's not a gem recipe and with so few portions they're hardly worth it for the time and ingredients they take. Mostly it's just decor I haven't got room for anyway.

It's main pro is that it's cute, though more character variety would be nice. I get up to 5 or 6 of the same char in my bakery at any time.

No counter max that I know of, though bakery is too small to fit many anyway

Fill To-Go orders could be good but the drop rate for certain mats is terrible

Bakers Club Specials probably their best idea but needs a refresh button so you don't get stuck with dishes in it that you're 3 months away from being able to learn.

I play in the hope that [] and some of the bigger issues get fixed.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 05-07-16 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Flaming S8 employee - see forum rules
    RS2 (lvl 56) BS2 (lvl 38) CS (lvl 45)

FB for BS2 & RS2 quick serves = Belluriel Gaming