Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crashing issues

Rhino Keeper

Crashing issues

The app has been crashing ie. Game closing spontaneously for quite some time. I have been patient in waiting for a resolution but none seems forthcoming. I have all the latest updates and lots of data space left on my device.
    Most my neighbors are having same issue so I know it's not my device. Have neighbors on android, IOS, I pad, I phone, tablets, all experiencing same problem.
    I can barely visit neighbors, and cross my fingers every time I battle that the app won't shut down on me. It's becoming increasingly difficult to play this game which I love!!
    Please could someone from TL respond and to when we could expect this to be resolved. It has been months, and problem is getting worse instead of better.
    I am level 181 playing on IPhone 5S.
    Thank you!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Thank you for your report. Can you please email support@storm8.com and message me your ticket number? Include your Storm8 ID and if you can, the Storm8 ID or profile names of your friends who are mentioning the same issue.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Thank you for your report. Can you please email support@storm8.com and message me your ticket number? Include your Storm8 ID and if you can, the Storm8 ID or profile names of your friends who are mentioning the same issue.
    Thanks Elsa. I don't have my neighbors ID's but can give the names. I will email support

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayday2001 View Post
    Thanks Elsa. I don't have my neighbors ID's but can give the names. I will email support
    Sounds good. Be sure to send me a private message with your ticket number.

Executive Chef
    I can say the same thing happens to me when visiting any of my neighbours over level 100. Neighbours under 100 are fine. I play on two different devices, an iPad Air which only has 1Gb of RAM (memory will be the problem more than hard drive capacity) and a Samsung Galaxy S6.

It got worse after the new land became available.

Watching the behaviour of the app, I believe it is a memory problem or graphics resource issue. The floating islands of players over 80 also cause an issue if I visit too many in a session.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Rhino Keeper
    I have been having this crashing issues for months..I have sent TL emails on MANY diiferent dates and all i get is the same old response and no mention of a solution..this issue has made the game not as enjoyable as it used to be. i had it crash during battles, visiting, Spin the Wheel and it is very frustrating.Something really needs to be done.

Executive Chef
    Kirkby despite the fact it crashes for me too, I still don't believe there is a lot S8 can do without a lot of recoding to reduce device resource requirements and even then it might not be possible on the platform. There's been a lot of discussions on this on other threads and the device is clearly a major factor.

The more graphics we players want and the more functionality we want the less able we will be to play the game on less "grunty" devices.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Rhino Keeper
    Me too!!! I was trying to keep a log .... Right now my game won't open - it tries and I seem to get close - then it shuts down. I'm particularly frustrated right now because I'm trying to finish this latest Dragon Tales! So that means going back into the game over and over to complete the battles. Will likely have to use a bunch of gold to speed and win with Ultimates. More money - ugh. Mostly I'm just frustrated!

Fashion Designer
    I have the same problem. At the moment I'm level 103 and the higher my level gets the more often my game crashes, even if I'm just on my own island. And I can't really visit player who have too many habitats (usually level 130+).

I'm worried that I won't be able to play it anymore if I reach a certain level because it'll crash too often then.
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

New Resident
    Been getting close mid game .in my bongos monopoly clue and bingo what te beck just started-up
    Last edited by Klj72; 11-07-15 at 07:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast