Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy General Question Thread

The Honorable Panda

Question Fantasy General Question Thread

Hey guys, here is thread where newbie's can ask general gameplay questions and get help from staff, Moderators and other players!

If there are other threads that anyone feels should be added, please send Rynetory2 a private message with a link to the thread.

Fantasy Forest Story | Discussion forum
    Game Guide
    Creatures Guide
    Habitats Guide

Good Reference Threads:
    General breeding questions
    Expansion costs

Last edited by Rynetory2; 05-21-18 at 06:09 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    This is a fantastic idea kooky, thanks! We were all newbies once ;-)

Thanks Kooky I'll start first I'm so addicted to this game I love it! Can't stop playing every free min I have..lol okay here is my first question.. What's good breeding combos for these?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopeanut View Post
    Thanks Kooky I'll start first I'm so addicted to this game I love it! Can't stop playing every free min I have..lol okay here is my first question.. What's good breeding combos for these?
    Hi,
    Firstly: welcome to FFS and the forum!
    The game certainly is very addictive, and it's one of those few that has managed to keep me interested for well over half a year already, a thing that does not often happen with a game for me!

Now, I COULD give you a reply that's only 2-3 lines long, but due to the nature of this thread, I think a lot of new players can learn some good strategies if I "scale that up" quite a bit. I think of it as writing a small "mentor chapter" (or "tutorial") for newer players, learning them some good strategies and tips from the very start.

So, as for what you ask, in "quite a few more than 2-3 lines":

The breeding formula for each individual animal is mentioned in the goals you show. For example, if you want to try for a Magmacore, you would need to breed animals together that combined at least have the earth and fire elements. The simplest formula is (what we call) "straight earth-fire", being to pair a Rock Rhino with a Pyro Pony. By doing that you combine (respectively) earth + fire. Now, that combination will very likely not give you a Magmacore directly on the very first try (though it is possible), as the Magmacore is classified as a "super rare" (estimates/statistics are that the breeding odds for those are likely to be somewhere in the 7%-12% range, IIRC). You're very likely to get a lot of other animals first, especially the "common" Armordillo. Now, another valid formula is to breed e.g. an Armordillo with a Rock Rhino (= fire-earth + earth) or an Armordillo with a Pyro Pony (= fire-earth + fire) or an Armordillo with another Armordillo (= fire-earth + fire-earth), etc. It doesn't matter which animals you choose, as long as they at least together have the earth and the fire element. To the best of our knowledge for breeding for animals like these, it matters not what level the animals are (as long as they're minimally level 4 as they can otherwise not be selected for breeding) and it also doesn't matter which rarity they have and it doesn't matter nor does it matter if you do "straight fire-earth" breeding or if you use one or two hybrids. As long as the elements match, a randomly determined outcome is given for the elements you combined, with a specific chance at each outcome that DOES depend on the rarity of the outcome animal.

For the other animals it works exactly the same. Hence, for breeding them with "straight" combinations, which is handy if you aim for one particular animal's elemental combination in an attempt to get them in as few tries as possible, these could be your animals of choice for the mentioned breeding formulas above:
    -Nature + Water: Pandaffodil + Frostfang.
    -Nature + Earth: Pandaffodil + Rock Rhino.
    -Nature + Fire: Pandaffodil + Pyro Pony.
    -Fire + Earth: Pyro Pony + Rock Rhino.

O.k., so far so good for aims at the individual animals. However... You can do it in a way that IMO is far, far better and which is a thing I wished I had known from the start! When you just begin to play this game you are still in the somewhat luxurious position of not having many animals yet, and that just about every newly bred animal is a new animal for your forest, and that it is still quick and easy to expand so you can house these outcomes.
    This game has a "supreme outcome" being the Crystal Unicorn. It is like a holy grail and I have yet to find it (though I may now FINALLY have succeeded at it, after hundreds of tries). For breeding it, you need to combine 4 different elements in a single breeding (regardless of which animals they are). The Crystal Unicorn is an ultra rare and has a guesstimated 1% breeding chance or thereabouts. We don't know but partial statistics seem to point to more or less such odds. But... it is surprising to see how often really low level players get a Unicorn with little trouble, so we strongly suspect that the odds are far better at lower levels. Maybe they are around 5%? We don't know.

Now, my absolute number 1 advice would be to make the very best use of this "luxurious position" of still needing a lot of animals on the one hand and the suspected (but unconfirmed) better odds at the Unicorn on the other hand. The way to do this, is by combining ALL of the above goals + the Unicorn goal into one single breeding formula, being earth-nature-fire-water. With a single breeding of that combination, you can get EACH of the above outcomes as well as the Unicorn. There will be a lot of 'fails' being mainly the animals of 'common' rarity, but such is the case in this game (as you will come to know by heart as you advance in the game ).
    An added bonus for the above formula is that fire+water only has 1 outcome, being the Skyger (if you're at level 14+, before that it probably gives a Pyro Pony or Frostfang outcome). This limits the amount of potential outcomes while still doing 4-element breeding.

Now, in order to do such breedings you cannot use "straight" breedings, but instead you have to use two (correct) hybrids, being two hybrids that together constitute all of the 4 earth-nature-fire-water elements.
    For example you can breed an Armordillo + Turtisle (= fire-earth + nature-water) for this.
    If you don't have the correct hybrids yet, you can easily "force breed" them first with straight tries. For the Armordillo you can use the Pyro Pony + Rock Rhino and for the Turtisle you can use the Pandaffodil + Frostfang.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how well you get on with it!
    Olafo
    Last edited by ogreve; 11-06-15 at 01:36 AM.

Executive Chef
    If aiming for one particular animal, only use animals with the elements it has. For example, if you want to breed an Aquatter, only breed animals with water and nature in it. This will make sure you only get animals the fails from that colour combination.
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Rhino Keeper
    So I'm not exactly a newbie, but I do have a question for all the pros. When I was a casual player, I always planted rune prunes daily. Building up a substantial coin balance was easy, to say the least. Now that I plant charm cherries every hour during the day and nexus nuts overnight, I find that I'm actually losing money. I've still got more than enough, but I'd like to continue to gain, if possible. I've read Zenobia's guide and just wanted to see what you all do. Is it worth my time to rearrange my animals so I have a balance in each habitat of common, rare, super rare?

The Big Earth Plato in the shop it says it holds 3 animals. Mine is still under construction it says holds 2 animals. Will it change to 3 when completed?

Is one of every common animal and one of mixed fire/earth etc lvl to 15 good enough for battles to what player lvl?

Is it smart to use all your food to lvl up one animal at time or spread the food around. FWI I for the most part try to lvl up my animals so far to 6 before using food to lvl others up higher. I do have 3 maxed right now to 15. The Rino, my fire horse. And the ferry ferret.

Also I have my max lvl allowed farms 6 right now. I had a large farm and sold it to purchase a small. I find with playing much as possible and winning food through battles is good for now. I make the 3 min pears constantly the banana at night.

When I lvl up to the even larger farm does it allow more planting or give more fruit faster? Is it worth it to spend coins on?

EDIT: just wanted to say THANK you to all the players helping with answers.
    Last edited by jojopeanut; 11-06-15 at 10:44 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopeanut View Post
    Is one of every common animal and one of mixed fire/earth etc lvl to 15 good enough for battles to what player lvl?

Is it smart to use all your food to lvl up one animal at time or spread the food around. FWI I for the most part try to lvl up my animals so far to 6 before using food to lvl others up higher. I do have 3 maxed right now to 15. The Rino, my fire horse. And the ferry ferret.

Also I have my max lvl allowed farms 6 right now. I had a large farm and sold it to purchase a small. I find with playing much as possible and winning food through battles is good for now. I make the 3 min pears constantly the banana at night.

When I lvl up to the even larger farm does it allow more planting or give more fruit faster? Is it worth it to spend coins on?

EDIT: just wanted to say THANK you to all the players helping with answers.
    For the longest time I only had big farms and I constantly struggled with having enough food. I increased all my farms to grand and plant only charmed cherries and nexus nuts now I can keep my food supply over 100,000 all the time. Which is very helpful for the storybooks. But as scribbles mentions above you have to watch doing that as it is very very expensive. If you are a very active player and can plant power pears constantly than the smaller farms may do until you reach a substantial coin supply.
    For scribbles, try keeping one or two farms planting rune prunes and only 4 planting charm cherries and nexus nuts, it will help with the cost. Leveling animals to increase their coin potential of course will help. And don't allow your habitats to completely fill with coins, collect often so that there isn't anytime that your habitats aren't earning for you.

Executive Chef
    Here is a thread I lived by when I first started it really helps. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ing-no-unicorn

Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast