Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2015 Discussion Thread

Lightbulb Black Friday 2015 Discussion Thread

The title pretty much says it all... Black Friday is less than a month away! It's almost that time of the year where we get some really cool discounts and *possibly* animals re-releases. What would you like to see? Have you started saving gems? What was your favourite 2014 BF sale?

The reason I created this thread is to propose ideas, speculate (leaving the official speculations thread for updates only), and discuss the sales when the day comes.

edit(KP)
    Last edited by kooky panda; 11-25-15 at 03:28 PM.
    matiasabad94

level 75

Executive Chef
    i want premium habitats sale
    and for the animals : sale on melodeer or halloweasel but i don't think that will happen (for both i mean )
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    Habitate re release and big sale
    Re release of metropony , chocolate rabbit , melodeer, mouse (forgot his name)

I remmber last year
    My friends went crazy with the habits
    I bought 9 habits last year

Fashion Designer
    Here are my wishes:

First things first: 60% off gem sale.

24 hr window in which neighbors may gift a total of 3 creatures to another neighbor. Example: I may gift only 3 of my existing hatched or in storage creatures. I may choose to gift all 3 to one neighbor, or 1 each to 3 neighbors. Oh, and give us a heads up about it ahead of time please.

Re-release of all trio animals at 1/3!price. Add them to spin to win as well.

Gem Habitat sale. 75 gems per.

Bring back last years winter trio habitat and include it in the habitat sale.

As for a Christmas present.....

Fix the nest and breeding den so they have the same footprint as a large habitat, and make the footprint centered in the middle so large habitats can fit on either side. C'mon now!
    Last edited by saucysammis; 11-11-15 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Better deals

Executive Chef
    I was about to open a thread like this...

A few weeks ago with a bit of help from Hawksmoor (pointing me in the right direction) I created a summary of the things that were done last year on BF, the weekend after and on Cyber Monday. As far as I could reconstruct the events, releases, etc., it appears to have been very close to the following:

-The Black Friday 'special' was announced in advance.
    -It started a little bit BEFORE the Friday.
    -It started with a 40% off gem sale, a 50% off Toucan sale (400 gems instead of 800 gems), 150 gem price on all of the Grand habitats, 50% off of the Treasure Trove coin price.
    -Also, there were two value packs, being a Skeletal Dragon + 50 runes + 25,000 food for $9,99 for higher level players, and a value pack with the Vampire Cat for lower level players (one player who bought that was level 14; no details were given as to the price or what else was in the value pack).
    -The Toucan sale apparently only lasted 13 hours.
    -The gem sale also ended much earlier than many people expected. Possibly along with the Toucan sale.
    -The Toucan needed to go directly to the nest, so just like normally is the case gem-bought animals do not go into storage.
    -If I read it correctly, the habitat sale continued for the entire weekend.
    -In the weekend there seems to have been a Unicornucopia sale of 50% off (i.e. 200 gems instead of 400 gems).
    -Then, if I gathered it right, on Cyber Monday there was a Crystal Unicorn value pack, with a price of $20 (probably $19.99).

I think the above summarises what I have been able to find in terms of actual amounts, periods, animals, etc.

Now, though there are some things of interest there, I was actually hoping that this year TL goes a bit more over the top and in some respects gives us better deals. The above are o.k. and are mainly good in terms of the "amount of sales". What I would really like to see though, is better discounts (even if then fewer items are offered). In quite a few S8 games I tend to see some far better deals all year long; think of things like a 90% off gem sale, or $1.99 value packs and other 80% or 90% off sales. I've never understood why in FFS we don't tend to get such good deals. Surely at least a few times a year (BF, Christmas, ...) they could let us enjoy a REALLY good sale like that...

Hence, I would be a bit disappointed if the gems are "only" 40% off. I would really hope that they offer things like:
    -90% off gem sale.
    -premium habitats for 75 gems (like last summer!).
    -Value packs with some cool normal animals: like e.g. the Nightmare (!!!!) + Runes for $1.99, Skeletal Dragon + Runes for $1.99, ....
    -Value packs with ultra rares + runes for good discounts too, preferrably several options: Crystal Unicorn, Gem Hybrids, Treasure Animals, with added in Runes for a price like $5.99 each.
    -90% or 80% off shop sale of the Crystal Unicorn. I'd easily buy two of them at such discounts. Same for Treasure animals. It's becoming SO tedious to breed for those animals and after hundreds of times ONLY get fails...

You know, in the end it all comes down to simple economics. I've never made a secret of the fact that I'd love a value pack with a Skeletal Dragon + Runes and/or a Nightmare + Runes, and right now there is one, but at 14.99 Euros I'm not buying that. For NORMAL animals I think that's too much, or at least much more than I care to spend on it. For ultra rares I'd consider something that would maximally cost 9.99 Euros. anything over that and it again becomes too expensive for my likings.
    Same for the things like premium habitats etc. if they're really cheap I'm willing to stock up on a few (like done before), but if they're at 150 gems each, then I'm not so tempted to buy any.

So, to summarise, in my situation I *COULD* actually go on a bit of shopping spree if several cool things really become dirt cheap, in which case TL *WILL* make some good $$ off of me. Or.... they could have the same style of discounts as last year in which case I think I'll *ONLY* buy a 530 gems pack, and nothing else, causing them to gain substantially fewer $$ from me.
    As they only have to make 'existing virtual content' available at such prices, there's really no reason why it couldn't become REALLY dirt cheap. It's not like "expensive material" has to be used for further existing virtual content (yes, I do understand how "pay back" works for earlier made investments).

It'll be their call, but they can either have relatively lowly reduced content and make some $$ through sales, or they can let us really share in very cheap content and make a whole lot more....
    I hope that other forum members will echo that request of mine, who knows, TL may listen to it and then we may be able to finally get some of the animals that we simply cannot seem to ever breed or that are no longer available and that we otherwise would not buy anyway.
    Last edited by ogreve; 11-04-15 at 02:17 AM.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for opening this thread, matiasabad94!

I'm really looking forward to premium habitat sales. As more space is always needed, it's much better to be able to fit 4 animals into a habitat than 3 so I will likely get a couple of those if they are on sale for a good price. How about even letting us buy one premium habitat for coins instead of gems?

A good gem sale would be great and I would love to see treasure animals on sale for a good price and maybe even a new treasure animal introduced.

Would also love to see some expired animals back at good discount. I would love to get the Melodeer to complete my music trio. Would also like to see value packs with complete trios (unlike the space trio value pack they had without the Plutopus! Why sell an incomplete trio!?).

Rhino Keeper
    I like all the suggestions already mentioned.

What I would love to see is expansions on sale (# of runes drastically reduced) or raise the price of the expansion and lower the # of runes.

For those of us that are horrible harvesters, give a special fruit with very high yield. I am sure TL gets tired of comparing DS to FFS, but DS had an $8000 10 minute fruit that yields 100 food. I would love that permanently (they also get up to 7 farms). For BF sale, I say make nexus nuts ready in an hour & cherries ready in 10 minutes for a whole weekend!
    Currently Playing: Farm Story, Dragon Story, Castle Story, Fantasy Forest Story
    Two accounts feel free to add: Evys_Mom & GCampsen07

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    ...What I would really like to see though, is better discounts (even if then fewer items are offered). In quite a few S8 games I tend to see some far better deals all year long; think of things like a 90% off gem sale, or $1.99 value packs and other 80% or 90% off sales. I've never understood why in FFS we don't tend to get such good deals. Surely at least a few times a year (BF, Christmas, ...) they could let us enjoy a REALLY good sale like that...
    I've wondered this too. Some of the other games I play are almost ALWAYS 90% off sales for their gems and special items, but we only ever get small discounts off gems. I would love to see a steeper discount in gems or value packs!

Fashion Designer
    I don't know how many people would want this but I would love to see an apple sale. Like 100 gems for 200,000 apples

I love your propositions, ogreve and I'm totaly agreed with you. But, unfortunaly I don't have really much hope that TL heards you. It's TL after all...
    But if, they miraculously surprise me with this kind of offers, then I could seriously considering to exceptionally make some shopping, even if I had decided, long time ago, to not spend any more Euro on TL's games because of Gem Trap and too numerous disappointments. And not a little shopping...

About re-released Animals, if there are, I would like too the trio's back, as breedables preferably. Especially Cosmic and Music. And maybe the Chocolate Rabbit too.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast