Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2015 Discussion Thread

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    For those who want a quick "executive summary" instead of having to read all 95 posts in that thread, you can read the first half of this post of mine that I made earlier: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1200527

I'm really hoping this year we'll get far better deals though. At the prices of last year's deal, I may only end up buying some gems, whereas I might go all out on Gem and/or Treasure animals and good habitats if they slice the prices towards the 80%-90% off range.
    It'll be TL's call, but I'm sure they can make a lot more sales (and hence: real life money) if they give us REALLY good deals. I don't think it's too much to ask for either: pretty much ALL of the S8 games have great sales throughout the entire year; it's only in FFS (AFAIK) that we get so limited discounts. In light of that, at least on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and perhaps a few other days a year they could give us some of those really good discounts.
    I'm desperately hoping particularly for a VERY good Crystal Unicorn sale. I may then even buy TWO of them so as to be able to end 4-element breedings and open up an array of other breeding possibilities...
    Thanks again for summarizing ogreve. Last year, FFS had only been released for about 4 months when Black Friday came around. Now that the game has been released for a year +, I like to think that the player base is that much bigger and they can offer us more grand deals. But like ogreve said, it's totally S8's call what we do or do not get. Last year Elsa (Forum Community Manager) did give us a heads up that the sale was coming. I hope we get another heads up this year. It got everyone frothing at the mouth in anticipation, and it really was quite exciting during the "countdown" to Black Friday!
    Last edited by Hawksmoor; 11-12-15 at 10:15 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    With the gem sale that happened on Black Friday (or leading up to), was it a normal discount? Or was it more? I think our normal discount is 30%, but it might be 40%...I don't remember.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles138 View Post
    With the gem sale that happened on Black Friday (or leading up to), was it a normal discount? Or was it more? I think our normal discount is 30%, but it might be 40%...I don't remember.
    Gems were 40% off last year. Currently, whenever I get a gem sale they're 30% off, and in the same deal it's 20% the smallest offered, which is a "handful" I think they call it (something like 100 gems I believe?).
    Except for Black Friday, I don't recall another time when there was a 40% off (or more) gem sale in FFS.
    Last edited by Hawksmoor; 11-12-15 at 12:01 PM.

Fashion Designer
    After reading this thread and also last years sale brief very kindly provided by Ogreve, one question comes to mind

HOW MANY GEMS SHOULD OONE HAVE LEADING UPTO THE BLACK FRIDAY SALE??

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    After reading this thread and also last years sale brief very kindly provided by Ogreve, one question comes to mind

I suppose it depends on what you want to buy. I'm not fussed for animals, I'm keen for habitats (and we will see what else comes available!) I had a sale today so I bought some gems. I'm back up to just over 500, will see what happens next. Now I'm torn on spin to win, I only need 1 animal but dunno if it's worth spending the gems. I have one spin left so I suppose I will see what tomorrow brings!

Executive Chef
    Good to know that habitats have been sold at 75 gems before! Looking forward to BF, and with a good gem sale, S8 might squeeze some money out of me
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Rhino Keeper

I agree with Silverrain1, that it all depends on what you want to buy. I have 560 currently saved (finally got the last 15 for getting to level 61 in that infuriating frozen mania game! ) If I'm not lucky on my last free spin tomorrow, I might buy a couple in hopes of getting the Raccoon. I'm hoping habitats go on sale as well, multi-element and the grand habitats. I don't have a lot of space to play with when it comes to placing new habitats (only 2 spots I could use, and actually only one once I buy the candy habitat) so if the grand ones go on sale, I hope to upgrade some existing ones and move animals around and sell empty large habitats. Then I'll have more space for the multi-element ones. . I know I might be hoping for a lot, but I can dream! I also would have a hard time saying no to a treasure or gem animal sale.

Executive Chef
    Important heads-up: I just got the splash screen of the Candy Canyon with the timer again. The good news is that it ends in 14 days and 9+ hours (at the moment of writing this), which should then mean that it ends ON Black Friday, and not right before it, as I feared.
    I have no idea if it will be available for the 200 gems sale price right until the end. In light of having accidentally blown 100 gems on (for me useless) coins, I think I shall wait until Black Friday to see if I do or do not buy that habitat, or maybe some other habitat(s).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Important heads-up: I just got the splash screen of the Candy Canyon with the timer again. The good news is that it ends in 14 days and 9+ hours (at the moment of writing this), which should then mean that it ends ON Black Friday, and not right before it, as I feared.
    I have no idea if it will be available for the 200 gems sale price right until the end. In light of having accidentally blown 100 gems on (for me useless) coins, I think I shall wait until Black Friday to see if I do or do not buy that habitat, or maybe some other habitat(s).
    I noticed that timer too, still disappointed that we can not earn through the event as it has been the norm for the habitats, I don't know that I will buy it even if it does go on deeper discount for Black Friday. I am however looking to purchase other premium habitats. Let the sales begin!

Executive Chef

Ha ha! I think the right answer would be as many as humanly possible! I'm saving every gem I can. It may be difficult to choose what to get depending on the sales. Really looking forward to habitat sales. It would be nice if we got new multi element habitats for Black Friday, too!

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast