30 16.67%
  • Good mix of crafting and harvesting

140 77.78%
  • Mostly harvesting, some crafting

5 2.78%
  • Harvesting only

1 0.56%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: What kind of events have you enjoyed?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jessiefromshimerville View Post
    My kingdom is overflowing with decorations. A prize needs to have some worth after the event aka drop something useful

I agree with this - I've put in storage everything that doesn't drop something. The only exceptions are the carriages and the gold tower because I like them.

Executive Chef
    I enjoyed the latest Thankful Mystery Dinner event. I think it had a good balance of tasks and reward. It's great to have the beautiful table that actually drops something very useful - feasts! And then there are the mysterious sapphires too.

Thank you so much for this event! I was feeling like a second class citizen for starting to play after all the great events of the past but this event went a long way to restoring my faith that there are still good things ahead also for us newer players.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    I enjoyed the latest Thankful Mystery Dinner event. I think it had a good balance of tasks and reward. It's great to have the beautiful table that actually drops something very useful - feasts! And then there are the mysterious sapphires too.

Thank you so much for this event! I was feeling like a second class citizen for starting to play after all the great events of the past but this event went a long way to restoring my faith that there are still good things ahead also for us newer players.
    I agree. I liked all the prizes from the Thanksgiving event, though again, no rare drops during timed events! One or the other. I also find that rare drops dry up when it's an item you suddenly need - I'm getting fur right and left but all my manitees/dragons are giving up is gold coins. As soon as I stop needing dragon scales and manitee whiskers they'll start giving again. Just like it was with the prime cuts. I'm sure they're doing that on purpose to drag the tasks out, which is fine if it isn't timed but annoying and impossible when it is. The next task should be a prize that gives either energy or one gem a day. I still like my peacock that gives one gem a day, but I like peacocks.

Executive Chef
    !! Thankful Mystery Dinner was one of the best events we've seen !!
    It was then followed by the worst event ever!!! - Holiday Workshop =(
    Now Happy Glimmer Year is somewhere in the middle

Thankfully Mystery Dinner was a great balance of tasks , well written , masterfully designed.
    The reward was useful!! which is absolutely crucial to making an event work.

Happy Glimmer Year is fun cause the tasks move at a good pace ... animation is quite nicely done
    Story is good but a bit mis-timed - should've come 2 weeks later and co-incided with New Years Eve
    Would've been a better event if all the prizes weren't deco (having only deco prizes ****s motivation to participate - the final item should always have valuable drops - you would see a lot more real money pumped into the game by players if this was the case)

Holiday Workshop failed because putting rarer-drops into a random-drop crafting scenario, whilst in an event, is a tedious action.
    The only place for a rare drop item is in storyline quests where there is no time constraint

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    !! Thankful Mystery Dinner was one of the best events we've seen !!
    It was then followed by the worst event ever!!! - Holiday Workshop =(
    Now Happy Glimmer Year is somewhere in the middle

Thankfully Mystery Dinner was a great balance of tasks , well written , masterfully designed.
    The reward was useful!! which is absolutely crucial to making an event work.

Happy Glimmer Year is fun cause the tasks move at a good pace ... animation is quite nicely done
    Story is good but a bit mis-timed - should've come 2 weeks later and co-incided with New Years Eve
    Would've been a better event if all the prizes weren't deco (having only deco prizes ****s motivation to participate - the final item should always have valuable drops - you would see a lot more real money pumped into the game by players if this was the case)

Holiday Workshop failed because putting rarer-drops into a random-drop crafting scenario, whilst in an event, is a tedious action.
    The only place for a rare drop item is in storyline quests where there is no time constraint
    Sorry, but for me the Thankful Mystery Dinner was the WORST event ever. It was IOS only, so excluded all Android users. At least we could participate in the Holiday Workshop, even though it wasn't a great experience.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jessiefromshimerville View Post
    My kingdom is overflowing with decorations. A prize needs to have some worth after the event aka drop something useful
    By useful, I take it you mean something that takes more time, energy and resources to obtain by any other means available in the game, unlike a building that gives nothing but coins and/or water once every 12 hours.

Executive Chef
    Lol!! Exactly and considering the resources it takes to get most of those items, the break-even isn't even always short term even when it IS useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian452 View Post
    By useful, I take it you mean something that takes more time, energy and resources to obtain by any other means available in the game, unlike a building that gives nothing but coins and/or water once every 12 hours.
    Kingdom names are "Zephyrwind" and "Your Prince".

Banned
    Prizes need to drop something good and look pretty in your park. The harder they make you work the better the drop should be. I still like my idea of a peacock that gives off one gem every two days. Alicorns and mirthril dragons would also be a good prize for a contest. I liked my turkey animals - they weren't too hard to do, they're cute and I can always use another animal. I liked sir hammy, though he doesn't give as good of drops as I would have expected. I even like the horse they made us collect endless mitts for despite the fact he just gives what ordinary horses give. NO more clicking around the clock goals - they just annoy. There was a great goal I missed that involved unique dragons-THAT would be a good goal to keep bringing back. I don't have a cabbage hut so I liked that I was able to get a dog and cat through the vinyard estate competition. They give off pretty good drops and are cute.

Fashion Designer
    Isn't it ironic:
    In the results the lowest of the lowest is 'only harvesting', just 0.56 %. And what do we get this New Year's quest: .....

Personally I think it's boring, especially when half of our collecting-possibilities can only take place every 8 hours (that means 2x a day for me, mostly). Just wait wait wait till we can collect again.
    And because of the 'only collecting'/collecting time many players like me mess up their kingdoms otherwise we won't make it. My kingdom is usually a nice, balanced town, don't like having 6 jewelers, 3 librairies and 3 taverns out (refused do take out more), especially this time of year, had to remove most of me new winter-deco. Na...

And besides this my other feelings about this event (the rewards, the fountainlook at level 5) makes me a bit indifferent.
    I remember the good old days when we had to collect AND make, and I continued and continued long after I reached the 5th individual prize, all for community. Well, the last time I did that was a few events back, lately I'm glad when I'm done and can quit. I can't bring myself to that anymore....

(by the way: curious who the one voter is that voted for ' only harvesting' )
    I am Zelda

😆🤗Community Events🙄😥 the good the bad and the ugly "cue twang"

Happy New Year

Community events I've enjoyed (that I remember):
    Halloween event1️⃣
    Prizes included the cauldron and the spooky tree/walls/gate, etc.
    Pros: cauldron gives out good prize, nice seasonal decos all around
    Cons: none
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Halloween2️⃣
    Prizes included the mystery table I think and the essence pond
    Pros: pretty mystery table, smaller table, pretty essence pond
    Cons: grand prize was a let down, love the table but I wish they could've made it give two feasts at once and made the other one give only coins or something instead of having to have two tables... Oh well I made it work
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

✨Pyre tent✨
    Prizes included the festival spire, caged pyre fly, sunstone path, etc
    Pros: pretty deco
    Cons: useless deco
    ⭐️⭐️

Barons aunts visit (I didn't fully participate in this one so I may be wrong on this)
    Prizes included the pink pavilion, a cat and dog, vineyard stuff, etc.(was the filigree path/walls a prize in this event? I think so...)
    Pros: pretty vineyard (filigree stuff?) bottle cap wall thing, pile o' barrels
    Cons: Ugly pink pavillion
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I kick myself in the butt for missing this one, ah well.

Thanksgiving
    Prizes included the thanksgiving table and thats all I remember
    Pros: the grand prize
    Cons: don't remember
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ For the table

That's all I can recall
    Last edited by joss1323; 01-01-16 at 09:16 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast